• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Understood duff.  My main point though is same spirit with two different extremes outcome.  I am not discrediting anyone'e revelations that they get when they study scripture, it is just my human mind trying to understand how we can have different interpretations if we are led by the same spirit.  Is one in error  and the other truth.  Anyway, just wanted to get some kinda feedback to see how.  

Now to the extreme, we have denominations and some of them are because of differences on things like tongues ect.   I know I am asking a difficult question, so we can leave it there  at your answer. Thanks bro .  

Spiritual revelation is never given to human reasoning. For humaning reasoning is incapable of comprehending it. It’s because human reason has appropriated the truths of scripture. That’s why there so many opinions of truth out there.  (my thoughts)

much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

This goes back to the tower of Babble . Man is incapable of being on the same page. Jesus taught in parables because of those who hear will not hear and those who see will not see.  

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

18 minutes ago, Not me said:

Spiritual revelation is never given to human reasoning. For humaning reasoning is incapable of comprehending it. It’s because human reason has appropriated the truths of scripture. That’s why there so many opinions of truth of there.  (my thoughts)

much love in Christ, Not me 

In some areas, yes I can agree with that. But we all  read the same scripture and if someone is making the statement of scriptural interpretation, then it is not human reasoning, he is revealing what is revealed to his spirit is what I am understanding.  If I now read the identical scripture and comes up with a different interpretation, is not there a conflict.  We are led by the same spirit who is the teacher, is it not. 

Now, if it is a revelation outside of scripture about some event ect., then sure, it is like trying to tell someone your dream unless it is vividly clear in spoken revelation or I should say specific details. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

This goes back to the tower of Babble . Man is incapable of being on the same page. Jesus taught in parables because of those who hear will not hear and those who see will not see.  

True, but when he spoke in parables it was not for everyone.  The same with believers who study the word, aren't they taught by the same spirit.  So should not our revelations be closely aligned and not directly opposite.

Matthew 13 King James Version (KJV)

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

16 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

In some areas, yes I can agree with that. But we all  read the same scripture and if someone is making the statement of scriptural interpretation, then it is not human reasoning, he is revealing what is revealed to his spirit is what I am understanding.  If I now read the identical scripture and comes up with a different interpretation, is not there a conflict.  We are led by the same spirit who is the teacher, is it not. 

Now, if it is a revelation outside of scripture about some event ect., then sure, it is like trying to tell someone your dream unless it is vividly clear in spoken revelation or I should say specific details. 

There is one body and one Spirit. If there are different revelations on the same scriptural truth  it would give me pause. For Christ never contradicts Himself. I would suspect one or both are being lead by the vanity of there mind. Or they could not arcticulate what they are being showed correctly or it was a Spiritual truth the hearer could not comprehend correctly. Either way you’d have to get a confirmation from the Lord. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

4 minutes ago, Not me said:

There is one body and one Spirit. If there are different revelations on the same scriptural truth  it would give me pause. For Christ never contradicts Himself. I would suspect one or both are being lead by the vanity of there mind. Or they could not arcticulate what they are being showed correctly. Either way you’d have to get a confirmation from the Lord. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

There is one body and one spirit, so true a statement as in scripture.  Eph 4.4.       You know  there are many denominations for example that differ because of this very thing, they differ in interpretation.     Want to make sure that I am not in the path of blaspheming ect.  Just asking the questions that sometimes bug me.    I would leave this here for me as  each has to come to his conclusion.   

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

People are indoctrinated and see things how their minds and spirits see it, hope no one except them to see it in a different way.

That's why Paul says, we are fighting not against the person we talk to but against the spirit that has taken in his captivity, and wants to keep them captive. 

The guidance of the Holy Spirit does not come by desire only.

There distorted and deceiving spirits that take hold of people.

And they think isbthe Holy Spirit, because that what they desire. 

And they do not know it. 

They thing they have a gift from God, and hold on to it. 

When the scriptures say test the spirit, is also asking to test our own spirit.Or asking Jesus to test us so will know and be able to tell the difference

The scripture also says , do not take the name of the Lord in vain. 

2 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

There is one body and one spirit, so true a statement as in scripture.  Eph 4.4.       You know  there are many denominations for example that differ because of this very thing, they differ in interpretation.     Want to make sure that I am not in the path of blaspheming ect.  Just asking the questions that sometimes bug me.    I would leave this here for me as  each has to come to his conclusion.   

Scripture says “let each man be convinced in his own heart”. It’s a matter of keeping ones heart right before the Lord. For He’s the Teacher and the cause of growth. As the scripture says. 

“that he may increase and I may decrease”

much live on Christ, Not me

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

The Farishes followed Jesus to have a reason for their proposed. 

Jesus did not forbit, because this way were forced to listen to him, and some believe. 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Was reading through the thread and saw the above and a thought ran through my mind and so I am putting it in a question which maybe a common one.  Here goes.  If as your quote "BY HIS SPIRIT that He opens HIS WORD to our understanding, and engraves it on our hearts and puts it in our mouths"  we all read the same scripture, why then so much differentiation  in our explanations that has been going on for eons. Just an example, OSAS  as a topic can bring tons of pages on a thread with many for and against.  Is it not the same spirit engraving our hearts as believers studying the word ?.   

Most are relying on the carnal mind, so right there is one reason why there are so many differing opinions.  Also....... the wisdom of God is manifold, there can be different "layers" of truth, and sometimes people are arguing one layer against another layer, at times when actually both are true.

• Praise God! 1