• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

Just now, Yowm said:

I've read the results of polls and what the youths believe doctrinal wise, IT IS ABYSMAL. We are losing a generation to biblical literacy.

This I fully agree with, and also that preaching and teaching is often sorely lacking. But it's not just on the teacher end of things. They take little interest. So I think the argument is over how to get them to listen more.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My opinion..is that God is in charge of sending His Spirit and revival. We are responsible to teach all that the Lord has said to (Great Commission) that would include the reality of the Holy Spirit's power.

Well my position here is that the great revivals of history were all prayed for, so I think the responsibility lies predominantly with us rather than God. If you take the position that God is in charge of when we will have revival yet we rarely ever see any, it sort of makes Him out as if He isn't really concerned. But I think He is actually very deeply desirous of it .It is we who are the lackadaisical ones.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

'Just' Scripture?. The Gospel contains the power unto salvation including regenerative power.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
(Rom 1:16)

ugh...you don't get what I am saying...but okay...not going to debate the power of scripture....I fully believe in it.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

'Just' Scripture?. The Gospel contains the power unto salvation including regenerative power.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
(Rom 1:16)

This has become the major problem .   PEOPLE have forgotten ITS GODS WORD that is what is sharp and powerful .  

The problem is men saw failure and decided to add to what THEY THINK works best .    NOPE .     FEED them scriptures .    people are either going to accept or reject .

Sie bottom line is this ,  preach truth and keep the pattern the apostels who FOLLOWED CHRIST taught  .   to deviate from that pattern is death and leads only to the second death .

Correct as they said to do , FEED sound doctrine as they said to do .   separate as they said to do .  for those men FOLLOWED JESUS .

any deviation from the pattern is a wisdom that WONT WORK .     NOW THROW THEM HANDS HIGH UP in the air yowm .   THROW THEM UP and PRAISE THE LORD> 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,571
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

28 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My opinion..is that God is in charge of sending His Spirit and revival. We are responsible to teach all that the Lord has said to (Great Commission) that would include the reality of the Holy Spirit's power. I've read the results of polls and what the youths believe doctrinal wise, IT IS ABYSMAL. We are losing a generation to biblical literacy.

Hi, I suspect you meant illiteracy. Seems to me Biblical literacy  will be a good goal. Biblical literacy in children does flourish at AWANA.

AWANA requires many adult volunteers! Volunteers to just listen to kids  as they learn and recite their Bible verses. Parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents, all may help by being there at the meetings to help those that are leading local AWANA programs; many generations can step up in to help the young to grow in the knowledge of our Lord and savior.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Revival in the OT always came when they got back to God's Word and repented. Maybe more attention should be focused on the adults to teach their children (as they are taught) instead of relying so heavy on Sunday School and Public School etc.. BTW Sunday School is a 20th century invention.

Now this I agree with...but even my own daughter is distraught over a recent incident Jaxon was involved with and is under condemnation where did he get that idea to do that? They teach him as they are taught, go to church faithfully, pray every single day...yet......yet.....he still fell to the influence of his peers.

Goodness,     WHAT on earth is AWANA,     yowm , anybody ,  what is that .

Just now, Heart2Soul said:

Now this I agree with...but even my own daughter is distraught over a recent incident Jaxon was involved with and is under condemnation where did he get that idea to do that? They teach him as they are taught, go to church faithfully, pray every single day...yet......yet.....he still fell to the influence of his peers.

Just cause you try and lead a horse to water ,  don't mean its gonna drink it .    

It takes lots of individuals working together in service of our Lord to secure the future for the benefit of our young.

The naysayers that run around lamenting about churches do not serve that good purpose. 

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Goodness,     WHAT on earth is AWANA,     yowm , anybody ,  what is that .

Those wandering around lamenting the state of the church instead of attending one working to serve God in it and being part of it will never know. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It takes lots of individuals working together in service of our Lord to secure the future for the benefit of our young.

The naysayers that run around lamenting about churches do not serve that good purpose. 

The naysayers that NAME names ,     THEY doing what they should .     MARK those which cause divisions ,   keep no company with those

IDENTIFY the wolves and keep no company with them.      Avoid them , avoid those who do not hold to sound doctrine .    If you want a list

I will bring one of the false ones ,  but I warn us all,    it might take some hours to read that list .    And I aint talking about post mid or pretrib ideals

I am talking about OUTRIGHT false men .    Now what on earth is AWANA