how do you deal with someone like this

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

have a relative who embodies this. notbthe cigarette  smoking but the ultra critical while doing exactly what they criticise or worse.  speaking or complaining to them is like talking to a brick wall as they'd rather  leave the house and stanf outside with their arms folded , switch subjects to something unrelated that the complainer didand start arguing about that, or claim every ones against them  but God (seriously ). Even tho they are a (backslidden)Christian, using bible verses will have no effect either.  They are the definition of set in their ways. Never  apologise, never recant  but blast others harshly

20180527_144608.jpg

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

No comment. I could eat fried chicken everyday of the week. LOL

check yr cholestol level

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

No comment. I could eat fried chicken everyday of the week. LOL

Yeah , but do that , and the you might be sitting in the chair saying   I got a pain in my chest I no can breathe.    and the grandkids are like grandma whys is grandpas face turning blue like that .    But , yes fried chicken is good .    

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

41 minutes ago, Yowm said:

normal. Can I enjoy my chicken now without the diet police? lol

You mean the jackbooted brown shirt wearing diet gestapo thugs?  :laugh:

I've been known to listen to them attentively, wait until they're done, then eat the pizza slice, fried chicken, or whatever else is supposed to be bad for me right in front of them.  It's one advantage of being "old."  lol

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

One's own worst faults are those which one cannot stand in others! It is best to look  in a mirror before acting on a perceived  need to correct   character flaws in others.

It's all specks and logs.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

10 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

have a relative who embodies this. notbthe cigarette  smoking but the ultra critical while doing exactly what they criticise or worse.  speaking or complaining to them is like talking to a brick wall as they'd rather  leave the house and stanf outside with their arms folded , switch subjects to something unrelated that the complainer didand start arguing about that, or claim every ones against them  but God (seriously ). Even tho they are a (backslidden)Christian, using bible verses will have no effect either.  They are the definition of set in their ways. Never  apologise, never recant  but blast others harshly

20180527_144608.jpg

keep distance and have no engagement whatsoever unless God tells you something different.

Edited by Equippers

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

normal. Can I enjoy my chicken now without the diet police? lol

Sure you can chomp on that yard bird .  but be careful not too overdo ,   cause you don't want to be sitting their and all of a sudden the chicken leg you were eating on hits the plate

as tunnel vision sets in ,   and you hear these words ,  is everything all right,  what is the matter,  and you feel a pain in your chest

and your heart is like ,   I told ya ,  it might have been tasty but you done clogged me up bud,   so blood cant get in .   thump , thump , OH , oopse , thump ,  CLUMP

the clump NOT GOOD .     you know I loves ya yowm.     Baked chicken is real good too .    

Just now, Yowm said:

Thanks but here is the food code I live by :) ...

For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
(1Ti 4:4)

Me too yowm.   me too .     now throw those hands up and praise the LORD . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

22 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

20180527_144608.jpg

No question there are people who are very hard to be with......and believe me I can sympathize.  But the issue is not how to change them ....the issue for US is how to change US so that we can truly respond in a Christ-like, victorious way.  When we come across a situation that we don't have grace for, that is the time to cry out to the Lord for help.  Acknowledge our shortcoming in that situation or with that person and the Lord will answer with His grace and strength, changing us.  THEN we are in a position to act as intercessor and truly ask Him to forgive the person for how they have treated us, and asking God to help them with their problem.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

By realizing that we ALL have our vices and we ALL are guilty of this, and learning to implement a little grace. You know, follow the golden rule...do unto others what you would want them to do unto you.

• Thumbs Up 1