• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No it doesn't need 'a lot' just enough for someone to cry out 'what must I do to be saved?'. They will not appreciate the Savior until they see their lostness.

Actually I did. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I do not expect any lost friends to act like a child of God, but as a child of the god of this world. God said to be not surprised if they hate you.
Luk 7:33  For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
Luk 7:34  The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Quote; "Jesus doesn’t condemn drinking wine any more than He condemns eating bread. Sinful people abuse what is not inherently sinful. Bread and wine are not sinful, but gluttony and drunkenness are" 

"Don't drink, dance, smoke or chew, or hang out with those who do"  Do this and you will please the pious crowd. But unfortunately for them, the Lord sees the inside of the whitewashed sepulcher. 'Why' you do, not always what you do.
The unsaved are usually ill at ease around Christians who lord their "rightness" over them. The lost are not fooled. They can spot a hypocrite. Drinking is not a sin, but can be,  just like anything

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

While the OP makes a good point the same could be said for other believers. Believers can turn on each other in a minute at times too! Also, anyone who's calling you "church boy" is not your friend anyway. I learned to be very careful which folks were allowed in my life, and that was before I was saved. Still, OP is correct: the lost can turn on a believer in minute.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

2 minutes ago, walla299 said:

While the OP makes a good point the same could be said for other believers. Believers can turn on each other in a minute at times too! ...

That's exactly what I was thinking reading the OP.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I had a few unsaved friends back when I was a kid. And hope now as adults you can only wish they are saved in Christ. As keep praying for them and their salvation. It should never be taken lightly about someone not saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

2 hours ago, walla299 said:

While the OP makes a good point the same could be said for other believers. Believers can turn on each other in a minute at times too! Also, anyone who's calling you "church boy" is not your friend anyway. I learned to be very careful which folks were allowed in my life, and that was before I was saved. Still, OP is correct: the lost can turn on a believer in minute.

heres the inspiration.  I know 2 ladies, 1 saved and the other unsaved who are pretty tight. i saw the saved one engaged in alot of questionable words and actions when with her friend even surpassing her at times.  Then at a social the saved mentioned getting the unsaved one to church  to which the unsaved one laughed and said -Not with you!!!!!

just shows. .. they'll engage,and encourage and then criticise you after.