• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, The Light said:

Maybe you can tell me how those 24 elders can be redeemed out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation

Chances are good that the elders are from the Old Covenant. Adam would certainly be an "elder" being the first man.

There is no hint that they are New Testament saints. And it is true, when Jesus rose from the dead, He BECAME the redeemer of men, from Adam to the end of time.  "Redeemed us" is a bad translation. "Us" would include the 4 beasts. "Redeemed men" is a better translation.

Are you still struggling with "hereafter?" Maybe you need to look it up.

Please, take time to answer this question: DID GOD show John events of the future?

3 hours ago, The Light said:

No, it won't work. Your misuse of the English language is left wanting.

Of course it works. Perhaps you need a refresher course in English. God DID show John events of the future.

You seem to think there is an "only" there: that God would show John ONLY events in the future. Sorry, my friend, but God did not say that. YOU are saying it, and so trying to ADD to the book. It is not wise.

God had every right to include some history along with the future. You want to put Him in a box and say He could not.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

Of course it works. Perhaps you need a refresher course in English. God DID show John events of the future.

You seem to think there is an "only" there: that God would show John ONLY events in the future. Sorry, my friend, but God did not say that. YOU are saying it, and so trying to ADD to the book. It is not wise.

God had every right to include some history along with the future. You want to put Him in a box and say He could not.

Okay, where's the camera?

Rev 4

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

LOOKS LIKE GOD SAID ONLY AS THE THINGS  MUST BE HEREAFTER.

As I said, proving you wrong is no challenge. Getting you to admit you are wrong is the challenge.

Edited by The Light

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

Are you still struggling with "hereafter?" Maybe you need to look it up.

Please, take time to answer this question: DID GOD show John events of the future?

Did God say he would show  thee things which must be hereafter?

4 hours ago, The Light said:

Did God say he would show  thee things which must be hereafter?

Since you won't answer, I will: YES! Of course God showed John MANY events that are still future to us today.

See? That wasn't so hard.

4 hours ago, The Light said:

Okay, where's the camera?

Rev 4

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

LOOKS LIKE GOD SAID ONLY AS THE THINGS  MUST BE HEREAFTER.

As I said, proving you wrong is no challenge. Getting you to admit you are wrong is the challenge.

No matter how big you make the letters, it says the same thing: God DID show John things that must be in John's future. God did exactly what He said.  What you have a problem with is when God added some history for John to the future things - as if God did not have a right to do that. I can assure you, God is MUCH BIGGER than you give Him credit for. 

The truth is, God could have told John two or three things in the hereafter and then finished the book with recipes for manna, and HE still would not have gone against this verse. Why is it some people have such a hard time with English?

17 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Since you won't answer, I will: YES! Of course God showed John MANY events that are still future to us today.

See? That wasn't so hard.

I answered. You just couldn't see it. God does what he says.

13 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

No matter how big you make the letters, it says the same thing: God DID show John things that must be in John's future. God did exactly what He said.  What you have a problem with is when God added some history for John to the future things - as if God did not have a right to do that. I can assure you, God is MUCH BIGGER than you give Him credit for. 

The truth is, God could have told John two or three things in the hereafter and then finished the book with recipes for manna, and HE still would not have gone against this verse. Why is it some people have such a hard time with English?

God said: Must be hereafter, NOT some hereafter and some before. God does what HE says, not what you dream up.

13 minutes ago, The Light said:

God said: Must be hereafter, NOT some hereafter and some before. God does what HE says, not what you dream up.

Let's be accurate, shall we? God said He would show John THINGS hereafter. I say God most certainly fulfilled this - MANY things.

Remember, there is NO ONLY here.

17 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Let's be accurate, shall we? God said He would show John THINGS hereafter. I say God most certainly fulfilled this - MANY things.

Remember, there is NO ONLY here.

Well since you want to be accurate, shall we? God said He would show John things that MUST BE HEREAFTER.

Remember, there is a MUST BE HEREAFTER. That means NO IMAGINING God is showing John things that are before. So all the things that you are dreaming up are TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY UNSCRIPTURAL.

I think this dead horse has been beaten enough. You are going to believe things that are contrary to the Word of God. There is nothing I can learn from you as there is too much falsehood in your posts to sift through everything and find anything of value. Additionally, no one can teach anything because you deny basic English and just make a bunch of garbage up.  So go ahead and get your last word in, three times so you can feel like you proved something.

I WOULD LIKE TO REPOST SOME OF YOU BEST UNSCRIPTURAL MALARKEY.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:18 AM, iamlamad said:

Let's refine this a little: the HORSE represents Warfare. There are Old Testament verses that show this.

The COLOR of the horse is what represents righteousness, and this is a BIGGIE! You cannot overlook this. God is simply not going to use white 16 times for righteousness and then once for something else in the same book!

This is a symbolic picture used by God to represent something else: in this case the church.

By the way, we know God has untold millions of horses in heaven! He has no shortage of horses. Those used in Zech. are probably still alive! Nothing dies in heaven.

We have the TIMING issue: the very time Jesus ascended and sent the Holy Spirit down. (proven by events in chapters 4 & 5)

We have the color of white.

We have a horse to represent conquering.

We have a crown to repesent ultimate victory.

We have a bow (toxon) to represent a weapon, but no arrows: the GOSPEL is the arrows.

let everything be established with two or three witnesses. We have 5.

Let's refine even further.

We have a voice like thunder guaranteeing the trembling of the unbelievers.

We have the voice saying come which represents a command.

We see John looking which represents John witnessing the conquering and ultimate victory.

We see that white horse was "before" John which gives our timing.

We see that rider rode out instead of in which represents the out pouring of the spirit.

Now we have ten witnesses which doubles 5 meaning that John received a double portion.

There that out to do it. That was easy enough. There should be no questions now.

B E A utiful.