• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

When it comes to spirits, we can't see their fruits but we can test their words against God's Word.

One simple aspect to consider: satan has control of this first creation … so anything that binds you to it or the influence of to bind -it becomes obvious of what spirit!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, MadHermit said:

When I was 16, I  endured an epic faith crisis.  Through church leaders, I encountered the spiritual shallowness of prominent church leaders.  Through diligent Bible study, I sought greater intimacy with God, but instead was appalled by perceived errors in Scripture.  The gifts of the Spirit exercised in my church struck me as the product of psychological manipulation and wishful thinking.  No one ever endured a more prolonged passionate longing for God to make Himself real than me in those days.  Then I made the  fateful decision to give God one last chance.  I attended a weeklong series of camp meetings in eastern Manitoba.

At first, I thought I'd made a big mistake.  The services in the large outdoor amphitheater seemed shallow.  I tarried at the altar after the services to seek God's face, but found myself resisting the temptation to succumb to an emotional  catharsis fueled by wishful thinking.  Then on Tuesday,  I went for a 7 mile walk on a country road, during which I poured out my doubts and emptiness to God.  I was on the brink of agnosticism.  In desperation I promised God that if He made Himself real to me, I'd be willing to pay any price to serve Him with all my heart.  After my long walk, I was famished, and so, I went to the camp cafeteria to eat.  But then I was inspired by the unprecedented impulse to fast instead and put my meal money in the evening offering.  I  was bored by the evening service and at its conclusion I went forward, alone, to seek God at the front.  I waited and waited, depressed, expecting nothing, and determined not to conjure a false mystical experience.

Then it happened.  I felt a warm breeze, which at first I thought was a natural breeze coming off the nearby lake.  I soon realize that this was the supernatural breeze of a Holy Spirit outpouring.  I found myself involuntarily speaking in tongues at the top of my voice.  More importantly, I was engulfed by wave after wave of liquid love, each more powerful than the last.  This became so intense that I feared it would kill me!   At 0ne point it seemed like my mind was on the verge of ceasing to exist and be absorbed into God's mind!  It was hundreds of times more intense an experience of divine tenderness, sweetness, affection, and power than I have ever experienced before or since.  The lights had been dimmed, but a spectator would later tell me she watched in awe as my face glowed radiantly in the dark.  A Lutheran pastor took it upon himself to interrupt me and tell me that he didn't believe in speaking in tongues, but I simply touched him gently on the forehead and he just exploded in tongues!

God spoke to me through this experience, saying, "You crave answers to many questions, but right now answers aren't good for you.  They will cause you to live too much in your head.  What I want you to do is just live the big questions until they lead you to the center of my heart."  Almost immediately, my grades dramatically improved and at graduation I was awarded scholarships for having the highest GPA in the province of Manitoba.  The Spirit had assured me of this honor in the days after my experience.  I also received the gift of "the word of knowledge," which I often exercised.  More importantly, I fell in love with the Jesus I was disillusioned with and, after my BA, pursued an MDiv (Princeton) and doctorate in NT, Judaism, and Greco-Roman culture (Harvard), so that I could live the big questions just as God commanded me.  Hardly a day goes by when I don't draw spiritual nourishment from the memory of that magical life-changing day, even though I long ago severed all ties with Pentecostalism over doctrinal differences.  I'm sobered by the realization that, were it not for that fateful appointment with God, I probably would no longer be a Christian.

when one draws strength from experience rather than God's Word the priority system is skewed from Biblical directives... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

When it comes to spirits, we can't see their fruits but we can test their words against God's Word.

I disagree. If Jesus told us we would know them by their fruits, it follows logically that the outer expression of their inward walk with Christ will be the real way to tell the wheat from the tares. 

Doctrine is important, no doubt about it. But if the outer expression is lacking, either they are new Christians, or else something is amiss. 

Blessings,

Gideon

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

14 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And that is some real scary shoes to be in .   DID you know in this generation I hear more talk about love , intimacy , a relationship with JESUS .  WHICH WOULD BE TRUE .

IF the majority of those teaching this , WERE NOT connected to a JESUS that does not resemble the JESUS of the BIBLE .      YES yowm,  I fear too  for many souls

that they have been deceived by another gospel , another image of JESUS .   WHILE it speaks of love and good works ,  IT DENIES the BIBILCAL CHRIST  .

THAT IS SO SCARY and they KNOW IT NOT .   We better OPEN them BIBLES and start FEASTING FAST ,   or many will be deceived . and many already are .

Not naming anyone here .  but just naming all those big churches that talk like that .    OH , its all about a relationship,   WHICH it is ,  ONLY THEY KNOW NOT JESUS AT ALL.

they have a relationship with a created concept OF JESUS and mystic prayers that make em feel GOOD .    all sorts of sorceries and they call it prayers .   THAT is terrifying for them .

Brother,  I am curious. I know you are not naming names, but it seems odd that a post from you like this always pops up when we talk about having the need for a deep relationship with the Lord, and that the fruits of the Spirit to be the ultimate test of whether the gospel we are following is the truth or not. 

Do you believe that Notme and I are somehow following this gospel? And if you do, why? What exactl6 have either of us said that would lead you into that belief? Is the fruit of the Spirit the Biblical way to know our Lord’s disciples? Is God’s will that we get to know Him in a richer and deeper way in real relationship? 

I get that you are wary of the emergent churches. And I agree. But surely, you must understand, if they are counterfeits to lead people astray, that must mean they are counterfeiting off of the real deal? I have already told you when you asked me point blank if I was part of the emergent church or the prosperity church or what they taught and I plainly stated no. Unless you believe me to be a liar, then what is it about what we share that offends you and is causing you to invariably make statements such as you have made time and again? 

I want you to know, I am not angry, and I love you as a brother in Christ. Your zeal is refreshing.  I am simply curious as to exactly what you are understanding that we are sharing that you feel warrants your warnings, with care of course that you are naming no names? Is it possible you are wrong as to your assumptions?

Remember, love believes the best until proven otherwise. That is all I am asking you to do here. If you have real concerns or questions, ask away. I will be glad to do my best to answer them and I am sure Notme feels the same way. I have no hidden agenda. What I speak does not vary with who ai share it with or where I share it. Ask around. I drive people crazy with my ramblings about walking in our new nature the same, no matter who they are. LOL.

I fully realize that what we are sharing sounds “new” but it is not at all. But we as His church have lost sight of who we are and what the benefits are of being children of God. We have traded our birthright, victory over the world, the flesh and the devil for a mess of pottage. We have great need to re-discover overcoming faith that we truly are no longer bound by our old natures.

The awakening that I have spoken of is not some “new revelation” but simply His people finally getting so tired of living as saved children who are still not ‘safe’ from the growing evil in the world or the attacks of Satan that, in their desperation, they cry out to Jesús to deliver them from the old nature that still reigns inside of them. If nothing profits but a new creature, as the Word tells us, it is imperative we learn how to walk in it, amen? 

Again, I realize that this term bothers you and sends up warning flags, and I get that, but the counterfeit “awakening” is far, far from what I share and is available right now to any and all who are tired of sin reigning over them, keeping them earthbound and out of deep fellowship with our Lord. 

I love you brother and want to dispelll any notions you might have as to whether what we are sharing on non-stop is dangerous and in error. Have questions? Ask away. Again, I will do my best to answer you. 

Blessings, 

Gids

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Enoob: "When one draws strength from experience rather than God's Word the priority system is skewed from Biblical directives."

False in so many ways!                                                                                                                                                                                                            First, when one's honest doubts persuade one that God's Word is an illusion filled with errors, then God's only option in redeeming the lost is to provide a self-authenticating experience of His reality, love, and power.

Second, you overlook the thrilling truth that God can speak His Word directly to us through His Spirit, as He did to me. 

Third, Your comment distorts what God's Word actually teaches:                                                                                                                                     (a) Theological understanding is the booby prize because it provides just enough spirituality to inoculate you against the real thing--spiritual experience: "Are you so foolish?  Having started with the [the experience of] the Spirit, are you ending with the flesh?  Have you experienced so much in vain (Gal 3:3-4)?"

(b) Thus, a plausible explanation of God's Word is not enough. It is not even what is most important: "My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of human wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power (1 Cor 2:4-5)."                                                                                                                                                                         "I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people, but their power.  For the kingdom of God depends not on talk [i. e. not even the talk in God's written Word) but on power (i. e. the power manifested in the experience of the Spirit--1 Cor 4:19-20)." 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, MadHermit said:

Enoob: "When one draws strength from experience rather than God's Word the priority system is skewed from Biblical directives."

False in so many ways!                                                                                                                                                                                                            First, when one's honest doubts persuade one that God's Word is an illusion filled with errors, then God's only option in redeeming the lost is to provide a self-authenticating experience of His reality, love, and power.

Second, you overlook the thrilling truth that God can speak His Word directly to us through His Spirit, as He did to me. 

Third, Your comment distorts what God's Word actually teaches:                                                                                                                                     (a) Theological understanding is the booby prize because it provides just enough spirituality to inoculate you against the real thing--spiritual experience: "Are you so foolish?  Having started with the [the experience of] the Spirit, are you ending with the flesh?  Have you experienced so much in vain (Gal 3:3-4)?"

(b) Thus, a plausible explanation of God's Word is not enough. It is not even what is most important: "My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of human wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power (1 Cor 2:4-5)."                                                                                                                                                                         "I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people, but their power.  For the kingdom of God depends not on talk [i. e. not even the talk in God's written Word) but on power (i. e. the power manifested in the experience of the Spirit--1 Cor 4:19-20)." 

Then I made the  fateful decision to give God one last chance.

AND THAT SOUNDED REAL DANGEROUS .     YOU gave GOD ONE LAST CHANCE .   YOU MADE THE TERMS .     When folks do that , THEY GET DELIVERED UNTO DELUSOIN .

Gave GOD  one last chance did ya .       YA DONT KNOW HOW SCARED I WAS FOR YOU WHEN I READ THAT .

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

I do not claim to be anyone special or knolegible  but I have experienced intimacy with God. There is only one way to have it. That is to have private time in prayer to Him. It must be real and true. In my alone place he is with me and he has spoken to me not in audible voice but through my devotions that I read after my time everyday. He has put lessons that speak of the very things I prayed just before reading. Its after there fact. He knows me and he is with me . I have such an awh when he is so direct that you know he has to be with you and answers prayer. 

We all can find Him in that place. We need to come to Him daily not just once in a while. Be real and believe. He is with us

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I do not claim to be anyone special or knolegible  but I have experienced intimacy with God. There is only one way to have it. That is to have private time in prayer to Him. It must be real and true. In my alone place he is with me and he has spoken to me not in audible voice but through my devotions that I read after my time everyday. He has put lessons that speak of the very things I prayed just before reading. Its after there fact. He knows me and he is with me . I have such an awh when he is so direct that you know he has to be with you and answers prayer. 

We all can find Him in that place. We need to come to Him daily not just once in a while. Be real and believe. He is with us

Blessing to you, for you have found God. You have chosen to be a Mary and not a Martha. My favorite part of that story is when Jesus tells Mary “she has chosen the good part and it will not be taken away from her” Oh the joy and intimacy with God in the “that place” of fellowship with Him. For He is most surely “with us.” Where  you know you know Him, and you know He knows you. Praying from an increase in Christ in your innermost being. :)

Much love and prayers in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Frienduff: "AND THAT SOUNDED REAL DANGEROUS .     YOU gave GOD ONE LAST CHANCE .   YOU MADE THE TERMS .     When folks do that , THEY GET DELIVERED UNTO DELUSION."

Your response is a bizarre misunderstanding of God's grace and promises to say the least.  I had sought God with all my heart and was becoming honestly convinced that His promises were hogwash.  But I knew the biblical promise, "You shall find Me when you seek me with all your heart (Jeremiah)."  So in my great discouragement, I continued my quest with little hope of resolution. I know of no one who claims a more electrifying encounter with God than happened to me that day.  Delusion?  Are you out of your mind?  That experience set my heart ablaze to serve Him and be an effective evangelistic witness; and it equipped me for my calling as a Bible teacher. So you apparently consider falling in love with Jesus in gratitude for His grace a delusion?  And you consider z zeal for evangelism a delusion as well?  Jesus said, "You shall know them by their fruits."  And remember, I didn't argue with that Lutheran pastor who interrupted me to say he didn't believe in speaking in tongues.  I was so filled with the Spirit at the time that I only needed to touch him gently and he exploded into tongues himself!  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, Not me said:

Knowning God personally is that which the human heart craves for. Whether people acknowledge it or not.  All things,  but this,  will never satisfy. It is this one and one relationship with our Creator that is the only thing that will satisfy our hearts. It is in that intimate fellowship with Him that we come to know that we know Him and also we come to know that we are known by Him.

Scripture says;

“to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling” 

For it is “lie” that is that which we are being freed from, so that we might know the truth and walk in it.  It is the doubts and fears of our own understanding or lack thereof that causes us trepidation. It is not having faith or understanding in God or in His promises that causes our hearts to fear. But it is for us to “work out”. But it can and will be “worked out”only to the degree a believers heart is after it. For God gave Christ to mankind. Man may have as much or as little of Christ as he would have. For it is the New Creation that God is interested in bringing  to maturity. A Christ being formed in each believer to the degree the believer would have Him. Would to God that we would be satisfied with nothing else but “all of Him and nothing of us.” For it is self or Christ, these are the two fountains that a man gets to choose from. He may have as much of one or as little of one as he would choose.  For only Christ, or the amount of Christ that has been formed in the believer has standing before God. For it is “Christ in us” or the New Creation being manifested in and brought to maturity in the believer that pleases God. Would to God that as His body we would long and our hearts cry out before Him that Christ would be formed in us in all reality and all truth in real time. Blessing to all that call upon His name and love the Lord Jesus with a pure heart. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Hi, Please allow me to question the opening sentence  and premise; "Knowning God personally is that which the human heart craves for."

I must say I wonder about that one's accuracy. It has been declared within both the Old testament as well as the New Testament that men do not seek God. None are righteous.

Seems to me the human heart, the natural person not only does not crave God, instead it flat out rejects His authority, sovereignty, and even his existence.

Personally I think  it is necessary to start from there, an acknowledgement of the denial of God by every natural man and then denial of his sovereignty, and not the presumption that man craves God.