Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,342
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

After 9 days trapped in the 6 mile caverns, the 12 boys and their coach have been located.   They still need to get them out of the cavern which is badly flooded.  They are on higher ground in the cavern.  U.S. Air Force and others from around the world also helped with trying to find the boys and the coach.

The coach took the boys into the cave after their soccer practice.   Their bikes were found outside the cave.  Heavy rains flooded the caverns which are a labyrinth.   It took all of this time to even locate where they were.  They are suffering from malnourishment, fatigue.  It's a miracle they have been located.

Rescuers are still thinking about how to get the boys out.

Two British divers were the first to locate the boys and coach.   It takes the divers four hours to swim through the very narrow tunnels to where the boys are.   A doctor and nurse are now staying with the boys.  They have given them supplies enough to last for months.  The boys are located on a rock ledge above the water.  Temperatures there are 100 degrees.

The boys are located 1/2 mile down from the surface.   Rescuers are still thinking on how to rescue them.   Monsoon rains will be coming again  in a couple of days.  The Monsoons last until October.  All of this time, rescuers have been pumping water out of the caverns.

The tunnels the divers swam through are so narrow that in some areas they needed to chip away at the sides and remove their scuba gear in order to get through.  The boys are located 2 miles into the caverns.

The boys asked where their rescuers were from and thanked them.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,187
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Tucker did a section on this.  They may have to stay in the cave until the monsoon season is over.....   several months...   It took the divers about 4 hours swimming to reach them and it is much too dangerous for the kids to try and swim out.....    really scary.   They are taking them food and water that can last them for a long time...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

and hope the monsoons dont flood the caves further.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,187
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

and hope the monsoons dont flood the caves further.

they are about a mile and a half to two miles into the cave complex.   they didn't say how high they were over the water level but I think they said they were a half mile from the surface of the ground.....

Cave diving is very difficult for experienced divers, I can't imagine how the small children could make the trip out using diving gear.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

33 minutes ago, other one said:

they are about a mile and a half to two miles into the cave complex.   they didn't say how high they were over the water level but I think they said they were a half mile from the surface of the ground.....

Cave diving is very difficult for experienced divers, I can't imagine how the small children could make the trip out using diving gear.

According to the article i read, they are exploring options on training them how to dive as well as different styles of equipment and methods of how to get inexperienced divers out of their. They were located by Thailands version of our navy SEALs and theyre still involved, im sure they can figure something out. They definitely got plenty of expertise.

• Thumbs Up 2

32 million gallons of water have been pumped out of the caverns since yesterday.   Rescuers are hoping to get the water sufficiently low so that in certain areas along the tunnels, the boys could pop up out of the water.  The water is muddy, tunnels in some areas very narrow.    Scuba divers would help them along the way...takes about 3-4 hours to the exit.  Rescuers placed a guide rope to follow to the exit.

They are also looking at other areas where they could drill down from the surface that are closer to the boys.

They still are not sure which plan to use..... otherwise, waiting for the rainy season to be over means waiting till October.   Officials already have stockpiles of food for this occurrence.

I was blessed to visit Thailand in 1987 and 1988.....in 88, I went as far North as the area where the boys are trapped so have an interest in this.  Thailand was my favorite country of the ones in Asia I visited.    Was in travel industry.

So sorry to hear last night that one of the Thai divers died in the caverns after delivering some oxygen tanks.

Guest shiloh357

They say the  air quality is deteriorating.    I would say so, no doubt due to the fact that they have had to urinate and defecate for days in that cave.  I can imagine there are a lot of unpleasant, noxious odors building up in that cave.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

They say the  air quality is deteriorating.    I would say so, no doubt due to the fact that they have had to urinate and defecate for days in that cave.  I can imagine there are a lot of unpleasant, noxious odors building up in that cave.

Yes, I heard that the oxygen level is lessening, and the man in charge is saying they have to speed things up.

Elon Musk is now sending a team from his company, the Boring Company to see what they can accomplish.   I hope they can do something.  Musk's company is now starting to tunnel under Los Angeles....he wants to have cars transported underground.   So maybe they can help in Thailand....hope so.