inbox24

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

So Inbox24, I read that you are unsure about whether you are saved or not.   After being on the forum awhile, are you still unsure of your salvation?

When we are saved (born again...an actual spiritual rebirth) through our faith in Christ and seek to walk with Him in our daily lives...then hopefully we will start to grow spiritually.  It is not a happy state to be in to always be criticizing others.   Do you agree?

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Corinthians 5:17

While some Christians might be prosperous, doesn't that allow them to be in a place of helping others more?   We don't know how they might be helping others, as Christians aren't supposed to brag about things like that.   You also admitted that you are jealous of these people.   I am trying to say this kindly, but could your jealousy of these people be the source of your criticism of them and the churches?  

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Are all church's like this ? How many are like this ? How do people fellowship?  To fellowship means to share christ love to them. Not to only share a meal. But to share what you have inside and out too. We must not be like the world. One of the traits the world has is to pretend to be upright and worthwhile. To be respected as a person. Jesus said they love greetings by others. They love to be seen praying in public to be seen. They are pretending. A real Christian will be one who seeks glory for God. And seeks the welfare of his brother and sister. Live for God and not for yourself. 

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Hi Naomi, I hope there is no law in North Carolina that says you must attend "a church". While Hebrews 10:25 does exhort us not to forsake the fellowshipping of ourselves together, there is no Scriptural requirement for us to do this at a set time on a set day in a set building where a set program is enforced by a set hierarchy...you get the picture. If you just gather some like-minded believers in someone's home and follow directions for meeting as per 1 Corinthians 14 and do everything for edification, you will be abiding in the vine.

Is that true ? Read Paul and it shows the church has offices and God calls members of his body to different roles. He gives each a gift of serving. Pastors are to look out for the sheep of the flock. They have authority to keep order in the body of christ. Through the word of God. 

4 hours ago, walla299 said:

Prayer is a good place to start with that, but I figure you already knew that.  :)

I've spent a good part of my life travelling either in civilian life or in the military and I've visited lots of churches over the years. Things are a little easier with the internet than they used to be. First: pray. Ask the Lord to show you where He wants you to go. Second: Don't even look twice at the huge churches with expensive cars in the parking lot. (That's not where you'll find what your looking for in most cases. There are exceptions!)

One place to look for a church is https://www.sermonaudio.com/main.asp 

Its free and there's search feature for churches in your area. It'll save time as you can check out the preaching at a church and its website before you go. I was stuck on mass transit at the time, and the wrong church meant a Sunday morning wasted. So I used the site to help weed out the problems and it saved a lot of time.

The site is part of how I found the church I belong to now. Its a small "hole in the wall" church where the Bible is still preached as the Word of God. They do things a bit differently than the so called "modern" churches, but that's okay. There's still the Word of God. That church was the last one on my list after a year and a half looking for a new one. My old church went seeker friendly and watered down the gospel, so I had no choice. I was so disgusted with "American Christianity" at that point that I was about to give up looking for good. Glad the Lord had other ideas.  :)

Good you found a church ! There out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Is that true ? Read Paul and it shows the church has offices and God calls members of his body to different roles. He gives each a gift of serving. Pastors are to look out for the sheep of the flock. They have authority to keep order in the body of christ. Through the word of God. 

not if the church bows down to the pope. the ecumenical council of churches

Edited by Steve_S
Removed video. Please post videos in the appropriate video forum.

Just now, RRep said:

not if the church bows down to the pope. the ecumenical council of churches

God is the judge. We shall see some day.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

God is the judge. We shall see some day.

haha we are judged already. 

2 minutes ago, RRep said:

haha we are judged already. 

What do you mean. There is a judgement day coming which christ will judge every persons. That day is not yet but is coming. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

What do you mean. There is a judgement day coming which christ will judge every persons. That day is not yet but is coming. 

somebody on worthy give this member the scripture. 

Just now, RRep said:

somebody on worthy give this member the scripture. 

Why the sarcasm ? Judgement begins at the household of God. But that is talking about something else. We must all appear before the judgement of christ. Obviously that day to receive rewards or rebuke.

• Thumbs Up 3