• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/17/2004

On 7/24/2018 at 9:09 PM, Neighbor said:

I have to read of others too. Come on fess up some of y'all.

I will share one more because it is  "dear" to me.

My sweet "Texas Peach" whom I married  just a year plus ago and I met in person at The River Walk, San Antonio Texas. We had associated online as cyber entities not paying much attention to each other, not really paying any attention to gender. We each would post in our own styles. I don't think we ever engaged in a discussion with each other over several years time online.

But then one day there was a thread started on the Zola Board,  a music thread of love songs. People posted music they had danced to in the 1940's some rock from the 1950's and so on. My Texas Peach posted a song I liked. I posted one in response, and it began a conversation by music titles and then a flirtation, a crush if you care to call it that. All the while others were posting their songs too. It was funny.

Then she disappeared altogether for nine months. Turned out she had gotten very sick. She reappeared and we picked up our song sharing. Soon we each wondered hey- Do I dare ask, do I?  And finally I did, or she did, I don't quite remember, but we both pm'd the other. We pm'd back and forth, never shared pictures, never shared anything except our growing fondness for each other.

Finally I said some brilliant thing like, if you not really a Fred instead of  a Fredricka shall we meet at some safe place and have a walk, talk, and lunch? She agreed to San Antonio so she could see if I too would cry  as we walked the Alamo - Well I didn't cry, but I was sympathetic enough  to her crying. She is Texas through and through.

We walked the River Walk, ate a fine lunch there, went on a carriage ride, agreed to marry, and that was that.

Oh except for our first meeting place, we had agreed we would not share pictures, and would see each other for the first time, in person, at a specific place and time. Well of course  that didn't work  as there was a huge rock concert at San Antonio that week end, The Eagles no less. And all our plans for meeting became near impossible, both of us at San Antonio wondering now what?!  Yet we managed to both figure a way, and we found each other.

A fun part came on the message board long after, when it did become known that we are together, married.  We announced it through song titles. And those that caught on all posted, You are what?!!! You're married? Wow. 

God moves in mysterious ways. My Texas Peach lived  a few miles beyond earth's edge, I lived in  a busy metropolitan subtropics. Yet by God's providential will playing out we are now  a happy couple, long after we expected, or even ever thought of, such a thing being part of our life.

U are definitely blessed when it comes to love and crushes. Do u give out lessons??? Some of my friends NEED a tip or two.......... Or maybe Twenty???.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

25 minutes ago, Chrisy said:

U are definitely blessed when it comes to love and crushes. Do u give out lessons??? Some of my friends NEED a tip or two.......... Or maybe Twenty???.

Yes I have been, twice blessed. No lessons, just encouragement to hang in there.

• Group:  Advanced Member

On 7/25/2018 at 10:18 PM, Neighbor said:

Yes I have been, twice blessed. No lessons, just encouragement to hang in there.

I think they'll need more than that so pls reconsider ????

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Hmmm, well I had a schoolgirl crush over my English teacher in my first year of highschool (I think all of the girls in my English class did!!) - years later he ditched teaching and bought a pub in the nightclub strip in another  town!

On 7/27/2018 at 11:50 PM, HisFirst said:

Hmmm, well I had a schoolgirl crush over my English teacher in my first year of highschool (I think all of the girls in my English class did!!) - years later he ditched teaching and bought a pub in the nightclub strip in another  town!

Ha! U don't mean it??

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194

I had a major crush during each of the five years of high school.  The girls I liked were beautiful and are probably still beautiful.  Sometimes, I wonder (and have even asked God) how they're doing.

Some ways for me to show interest included: writing and slipping monthly love notes through the crush's locker, singing to her, and hung around with her and her friends.  The longest love note I wrote was a five-page single-spaced hand-written analysis on why she and I are compatible.  She was too shy and shocked to be interested.

I had more crushes as an adult, and the need to fulfill my life goal and desire to get married increase daily.  I had a relationship since I became a Christian, but I knew God pulled us apart because He knows what's best for us. She is a Christian, and I thought she and I were meant for one another at the time, but heck, I was wrong.

Anyway, I continue to rely on Him and be faithful to trust that God has a plan for me that includes a perfect life-long partner who will surpass all the crushes I ever had.

22 hours ago, John_Leung said:

I had a major crush during each of the five years of high school.  The girls I liked were beautiful and are probably still beautiful.  Sometimes, I wonder (and have even asked God) how they're doing.

Some ways for me to show interest included: writing and slipping monthly love notes through the crush's locker, singing to her, and hung around with her and her friends.  The longest love note I wrote was a five-page single-spaced hand-written analysis on why she and I are compatible.  She was too shy and shocked to be interested.

I had more crushes as an adult, and the need to fulfill my life goal and desire to get married increase daily.  I had a relationship since I became a Christian, but I knew God pulled us apart because He knows what's best for us. She is a Christian, and I thought she and I were meant for one another at the time, but heck, I was wrong.

Anyway, I continue to rely on Him and be faithful to trust that God has a plan for me that includes a perfect life-long partner who will surpass all the crushes I ever had.

Aww. Cute. God will definitely answer ur prayers??

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194

1 hour ago, Chrisy said:

Aww. Cute. God will definitely answer ur prayers??

Thanks! it's been a test of faith and patience for sure, but I'm gradually letting Him take control on this aspect of my life and not be panicky about my life and relationship status.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Ah yes, love cocaine