IGNORED

Can a woman lay hands on a man in prayer?

*Zion*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

It got here because EVERYTHING sick and sad is something that needs God's healing.

Amen, come Lord Jesus.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Steven, this isn't a recent occurrence.  I have actually talked to him about his behaviour; he doesn't see anything offensive about it.   Our pastor deals with it by lobbying lots of passive aggressive jokes at him, to no avail.  To be honest, i have left this man to God, and while his behaviour may still irk me, it wasn't the main factor i considered while making my original post.  I wanted to approach this from a purely spiritual perspective, but after what has been said in response, I don't know if there is a way to do that.

We are not neatly compartmentalized people, neither is our interaction.  When I was in training at our State's largest Mental Hospital, I was told by one of the "teaching doctors" that I needed to get over wanting the world to be either black or White.  He told me it is mostly Grey, and that is what I needed to learn to deal with.

Edited by Willie T

Just now, Willie T said:

We are not neatly compartmentalized people, neither is out interaction.  When I was in training at our State's largest Mental Hospital, I was told by one of the "teaching doctors" that I needed to get over wanting the world to be either black or White.  He told me it is mostly Grey, and that is what I needed to learn to deal with.

Would it help if I said I wanted to focus on the spiritual effects of a woman laying hands on a man and vice versa, or its spiritual significance/consequence?

8 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Would it help if I said I wanted to focus on the spiritual effects of a woman laying hands on a man and vice versa, or its spiritual significance/consequence?

I understand, and I apologize for derailing that.  It is just that, to me, there is nothing that can be discussed that does not very quickly flow into the more acutely affecting parts of our lives.  A simpler way of seeing that is that when a person starts out saying they are angry... it always means they have been hurt in some way.

Edited by Willie T

14 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

BTW, 30 years ago, a big turning point in my life was when Joyce Meyer prayed for me... and she put BOTH hands on me.  Since then, many women have prayed for me, and I, for them.

No apologies, brother.  I have been very guilty of derailing other threads in the past on here, by exploring other tangents.  Just ask Noobers, lol.  There is so much in God's Word, and it does effect all of everything.  It created all of everything, so no surprises there.  In fact, that's kind of what I was after.  How the spiritual consequences of laying on of hands in prayer directly affects us, especially in the situation I posed in my original post.  In short, what would the physical manifestation of it be?

3 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

No apologies, brother.  I have been very guilty of derailing other threads in the past on here, by exploring other tangents.  Just ask Noobers, lol.  There is so much in God's Word, and it does effect all of everything.  It created all of everything, so no surprises there.  In fact, that's kind of what I was after.  How the spiritual consequences of laying on of hands in prayer directly affects us, especially in the situation I posed in my original post.  In short, what would the physical manifestation of it be?

I have to admit that I honestly have no idea what you are asking.  "what would the physical manifestation of it be?"  Well, the person would either be healed, or they wouldn't.  Or, are you focusing more on individual hang-ups about being touched?

I guess what I am asking is....  What are you calling "Spiritual consequences?"

I want to know whether a woman laying hands on a man has negative spiritual consequences, and vice versa, or not.  That is all. :42:

Is it bad, spiritually speaking?  If so, why?  Not merely from a perception point of view.  Sigh.  Maybe only I know what I mean :wacko: