IGNORED

Insults

Guest PinkBelt

Guest PinkBelt

"When you insult someone, it's like picking up manure and throwing it at them. Sure you might stain them a little, but you get your own hands filthy as well." - Annonymous

I do not like seeing professed Christians using insults towards anyone. I don't care if they are communists, Muslims, from a rival country, someone you oppose politically or criminals. We are to see each person in the image of God and treat them as such, because that is what Jesus expects. Any justification someone can invent "They deserve it!", "But it's TRUE!", "They do it too!" and so on is completely of no consequence and does not absolve the professed Christian of their willful disregard for the Lords command.

Mark 12:30-31

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”

Matthew 15:11

11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

"When you insult someone, it's like picking up manure and throwing it at them. Sure you might stain them a little, but you get your own hands filthy as well." - Annonymous

I do not like seeing professed Christians using insults towards anyone. I don't care if they are communists, Muslims, from a rival country, someone you oppose politically or criminals. We are to see each person in the image of God and treat them as such, because that is what Jesus expects. Any justification someone can invent "They deserve it!", "But it's TRUE!", "They do it too!" and so on is completely of no consequence and does not absolve the professed Christian of their willful disregard for the Lords command.

Mark 12:30-31

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”

Matthew 15:11

11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

Well stated Sister!

Cheers!!! :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,588
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Amen

Might I add, an insult is not effective if it is not taken to heart by it's recipient. One must be insulted for an insult to be of any effect whatsoever.

However there are some grand and funny curses aren't there? Ones that highlight the heart of depraved humans and can only elicit nervous laughter in response to hearing  them.

My favorite  and lesson maker for me is this particular Jewish curse: May your ship come in. May it be filled with gold to the gunnels. And, may it all not be enough gold to pay the cost of your doctor bills.

I can take great offense at that one if it comes my way, or I can totally defeat it's intent by laughing at it's clever twist thus defeating it's meanness and the heart behind it too. it is my favorite curse  for it can be easily defeated by not taking it's intent on in the first place.

God has a good curse to offer:

"If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat,
    and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink,
for you will heap burning coals on his head,
    and the Lord will reward you."

• This is Worthy 1

18 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

We are to see each person in the image of God and treat them as such, because that is what Jesus expects.

Hi again, would you care to expand on your justification for not liking to hear insults?

Where is it said that I am to see each person in the image of God, for example? ( I am looking for confirming some text to read)

Where is it said that Jesus expects of me to see all as though seeing God?

I don't know that I buy into that reasoning though I do buy into the conclusion that insults, for the most part anyway, are not productive ways of reaching out to the unsaved! but God is  [insulting] note insulting is incorrect use of the word. I meant to state that God is an to the unsaved  world , they hate God if they acknowledge Him at all. The world also hates  his servants. The bond-servants of Jesus are an affront to all the unsaved world.

Note: I am seeking further information in hope it may be available for my benefit.

Edited by Neighbor
Added context and changed a very confusing sentence one tht aeven I couldn't follow upon re reading it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

22 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Amen

Might I add, an insult is not effective if it is not taken to heart by it's recipient. One must be insulted for an insult to be of any effect whatsoever.

However there are some grand and funny curses aren't there? Ones that highlight the heart of depraved humans and can only elicit nervous laughter in response to hearing  them.

My favorite  and lesson maker for me is this particular Jewish curse: May your ship come in. May it be filled with gold to the gunnels. And, may it all not be enough gold to pay the cost of your doctor bills.

I can take great offense at that one if it comes my way, or I can totally defeat it's intent by laughing at it's clever twist thus defeating it's meanness and the heart behind it too. it is my favorite curse  for it can be easily defeated by not taking it's intent on in the first place.

God has a good curse to offer:

"If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat,
    and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink,
for you will heap burning coals on his head,
    and the Lord will reward you."

And there are the "classic" Christians curses we often sign our posts with, such as, "Bless you!" or "Praying for you!"  Boy don't we ever deny THOSE were anything but just our "warm Christian hearts" reaching out to others?  Sometimes I think we lie to ourselves even more than we do to others.

Edited by Willie T
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Willie T said:

And there are the "classic" Christians curses we often sign our posts with, such as, "Bless you!" or "Praying for you!"  Boy don't we ever deny THOSE were anything but just our "warm Christian hearts" reaching out to others?  Sometimes I think we lie to ourselves even more than we do to others.

Interesting thought. Sure we are harder on each other, harder than Jesus  is  to me anyway. I think that some calling to responsibility of each other is allowed for we have a higher responsibility  to each other. While to the unsaved world we are to be, well, missionaries. But missionaries to what? Hopefully not to be called to  the carping at each other, but instead  to the holding up of each other as we each fail and fall and are in need of one another's help, physical and spiritual help.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Do you feel, as I do, that most of us often place the wrong meaning on that "heaping burning coals on his head" saying..... both when it appears in Proverbs, and when it is repeated by Paul in Romans?

Edited by Willie T

I don't know what the wrong meaning is, versus the right meaning. What say you?

I have taken it to mean that it is what God wills of me. It heaps hot coals on the mindset of the enemy. The enemy is Satan. For the attack, the insult, is born of Satan and of his little antichrists at work among the world, and among the saints of Christ Jesus too. And that is where Satan's victories come, when Satan has the saints acting in kind same as the unsaved world acts.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

40 minutes ago, Willie T said:

I think it can be a huge mistake when someone assumes that if someone says ""Bless you"" or ""praying for you"" that they are just insulting you is a sly way....   If someone says something like that to me and i suspect they may be doing so with the wrong intention i do not have to deal with it.. I know the LORD will deal with it in His time.. I will take what is said on it's surface meaning and move on..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

25 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Do you feel, as I do, that most of us often place the wrong meaning on that "heaping burning coals on his head" saying..... both when it appears in Proverbs, and when it is repeated by Paul in Romans?

Well what meaning do you place upon that scripture ?  What does it mean to you??