• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/20/2018 at 7:33 PM, allyce16 said:

Hey, I have noticed that whenever I look into things about the coming one world government and like documentaries or books on these topics and the enemies tactics in the world today that I get extremely attacked almost to the point where I need to completely stop looking into it. The attacks got so bad today that I thought the enemy was going to take over my mind. My mind just got so confused and I couldnt overcome it and recently started again to look into this stuff. I asked my pastor and he told me to stay away from this stuff until I am stronger in my faith. Has anyone experienced this and why do you think it is happening to me and maybe this isn't the reason why it's happening? Does anyone have any wisdom?

Jude 8–9 (AV)
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

I hear of teachings that have believers contend directly with the devil himself (or so they think they are)... 

Acts 19:13–16 (AV)
13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. 
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. 
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? 
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

What you describe sounds like what is usually far less spiritually combative, but the results you describe indicate otherwise. 

First off you must get your faith in Christ as firm as your faith that the sun will rise, that you have to breath to survive etc. That is more or less a choice than a "level of strength." At times all I had was the choice to believe despite everything that seemed to indicate the contrary and it was as if the sky opened up on the spot. God wants u to believe him. Trust him. Even when we don't have the answers at the moment. The rest is up to him. Now, you also need to put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6)... pray the guidance of the Holy Spirit through any spiritual mine fields ← just an expression... and listen for and follow his lead. So often we take things upon ourselves and wonder how we end up making such a mess of things. 

God says turn left or stop or whatever he has his reasons. I think of the people who missed crashed plane flights for example. We have divine navigation to get us through this life but we usually choose to do the driving ourselves (feeble minded, short sighted, human beings with blinders on).   Sheesh. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Ephesians 6 is great and will protect you.

One of the best parts of the armor is the breastplate of righteousness. If you have a servant heart for Jesus (e.g. putting service to Him first) OR do some loving service such as helping someone in need, then you will have platemail and feel great.

Serving is not a burden either, it is actually a blessing:

Acts 20:35 English Standard Version (ESV)

35 In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Shalom ?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,837
  • Content Per Day:  8.04
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

To walk in 'The Light' as 'He IS in The Light' is the pursuit of knowing God through the structure of His Word... it is of an everlasting nature and will fix your heart upon the things Jesus' intends on keeping and enable us to let go of the things He 'IS' not keeping! Setting the heart free by the true riches which carry on into the everlasting life with God...

John 8:32

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
KJV

to this I will tell you that which is apparent but ends, will past this point of end,  no longer be thought of... so the space it takes will become void.  The subtly of satan is to lead you into the importance of nothing and thus in that nothing something cannot be placed there... we with begin are clay vessels to be filled with _?_ God seems to have left that desire to us. I for one know if I am to be forever then I want to pack within myself the things God says He 'IS' keeping forever!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  1.08

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for all of your sound wisdom in the lord, it was a blessing and may the lord bless you

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

On 9/2/2018 at 11:44 PM, Yowm said:

It sounds you need to dig deeper into the foundations of the faith. It took me 40 years before I started in on the more periphery type of topics. I'm not saying prophecy isn't important, it is, but we first need to be rooted in the fundamentals lest the enemy takes advantage.

I agree with what Yowm says.

When I got saved 45 years ago, learning about prophecy seemed the natural thing to do. It was very in vogue in church circles. So I jumped on the bandwagon excitedly. But the more I studied, the more mixed up I became. God showed me that this was interfering with the rudimentary elements of my faith. I guess the expression 'first things first' would apply. :) God bless you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 8/20/2018 at 8:33 PM, allyce16 said:

Hey, I have noticed that whenever I look into things about the coming one world government and like documentaries or books on these topics and the enemies tactics in the world today that I get extremely attacked almost to the point where I need to completely stop looking into it. The attacks got so bad today that I thought the enemy was going to take over my mind. My mind just got so confused and I couldnt overcome it and recently started again to look into this stuff. I asked my pastor and he told me to stay away from this stuff until I am stronger in my faith. Has anyone experienced this and why do you think it is happening to me and maybe this isn't the reason why it's happening? Does anyone have any wisdom?

1 thessalonians 2:18

Numbers 22:21-39

If a spirit is indeed attacking you, and you're not suffering from say, malnutrition, then its reasonable to conclude that whether its god or satan, you're not allowed to go there.

Have you ever considered obeying what the spirit is telling you? I'm not insinuating anything I'm just asking a direct question.

Edited by Archangel Thyos