• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,341
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Hi Turtletwo, yes, it's a nice song.   Somehow the tune is familiar....I wonder if there was a secular song with a similar tune years ago?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Hi Turtletwo, yes, it's a nice song.   Somehow the tune is familiar....I wonder if there was a secular song with a similar tune years ago?

Not to my knowledge. This version was in 1982. However, Cliff Richard (a secular singer who did a bit of Christian music) did a remake in 1985. So do you think that may be who you are remembering?

Anyhow, hope it was a blessing to you. :) I miss vinyl, btw.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Let me guess, the 78 RPMs :24:

Actually, that's a bit before my time. More like yours. :rofl:

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,341
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Not to my knowledge. This version was in 1982. However, Cliff Richard (a secular singer who did a bit of Christian music) did a remake in 1985. So do you think that may be who you are remembering?

Anyhow, hope it was a blessing to you. :) I miss vinyl, btw.

Oh, I remember Cliff Richard!   Just can't remember any of his songs!☺️:heart:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I still have my collection of Christian 78s, as well as a phonograph, but I rarely play them.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Willa said:

I still have my collection of Christian 78s, as well as a phonograph, but I rarely play them.  

:) Interesting. I only had 33s. I didn't know even know Christian music was in 78 format. I first bought Jesus music (and CCM) in 33 lps and cassettes.

I know records get dusty and are a pain in some ways compared to the convenience of modern technology. But I think they have superior sound quality. I took good care of mine so almost no pops or scratches.

Who is in your collection,Willa? 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I collected a little of everything and most are 33 1/2 LPs.  Daniel Band, Leviticus, Ogden Fong, a lot of Larry Norman, Stryper, Jerusalem, DA-Daniel Amos and all his aliases, Choir, Rez-Resurrection Band, Gideon's Army, Petra, and so many more I can't remember.  I wasn't ignoring you.  I just don't want to dig them out, deal with the dust which irritates my asthma, and sort through them all.  Most of it was harder stuff with a good rhythm that I could walk to.  I had always listened to the classical romantics but they are lousy to walk to because the rhythm often varies.  Vinyl lasted a lot longer than tapes so I collected them till CDs came out.

I do have a few of the old 78s but Don't remember what was on them.  There are some 45s from my childhood.  Abba Dabba Honeymoon, Bozo under the Sea, Tweetie Pie, And Bugs Bunny were some of my favorites.  

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, Willa said:

I collected a little of everything and most are 33 1/2 LPs.  Daniel Band, Leviticus, Ogden Fong, a lot of Larry Norman, Stryper, Jerusalem, DA-Daniel Amos and all his aliases, Choir, Rez-Resurrection Band, Gideon's Army, Petra, and so many more I can't remember.  I wasn't ignoring you.  I just don't want to dig them out, deal with the dust which irritates my asthma, and sort through them all.  Most of it was harder stuff with a good rhythm that I could walk to.  I had always listened to the classical romantics but they are lousy to walk to because the rhythm often varies.  Vinyl lasted a lot longer than tapes so I collected them till CDs came out.

I do have a few of the old 78s but Don't remember what was on them.  There are some 45s from my childhood.  Abba Dabba Honeymoon, Bozo under the Sea, Tweetie Pie, And Bugs Bunny were some of my favorites.  

I'm sorry to hear you have asthma. Thanks for your reply. I enjoyed hearing about your cool :cool:collection! You have a couple in there I'm unfamiliar with and curious about... Leviticus and Gideon's Army. I'll have to see if I can find those on YouTube.

You're right about vinyl being so much more durable. My cassettes kept losing their felt pieces and squealing :o or getting chewed up by the tape player. Frustrating. But after vinyl they were all the rage because they were portable. Many fond memories of making greyhound trips and having a blast listening to assorted Christian tapes through my walkman.

Did you previously know this song I posted "Better than I know myself?" Just wondering how many on Worthy are familiar with Andrus, Blackwood and Company.

Terry Blackwood's dad founded the Blackwood Brothers Quartet. But I first became aware of him as lead singer for the Imperials through "No Shortage" in 1975.

Terry left the group along with fellow Imperial Sherman Andrus to form Andrus, Blackwood and Company. It was one of the only racially integrated groups in contemporary Christian music at the time. They recorded 6 albums together between 1977 and 1986."Soldier of the Light" from 1981 was one of my favorite records. :)