• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Love the title to the thread. Maybe Mary and Joseph couldn’t afford the elite schooling? Who knows at what age past 12 (Jesus), Joseph passed away?

Me too, Jesus gets “nonacceptance letter: we regret to inform you..” 

Interesting thought YOWM, we know they had gold, frankincense and myrrh (Matthew 2:11) all of which was very valuable, but they could have spent much of the gold in Egypt all those years (Matthew 2:13-23) and the frankincense and myrrh May be what was saved and used by Nicodemius and Joseph of Arimathea to embalm Christ's body on Good Friday (John 19:38-40). 

We know Joseph and Mary were poor because Mary offered two doves/pigeons  not a lamb for Jesus’ circumsicion (Luke 2:22-24) which according to the Law is what you give if you are poor, if you are rich you give a lamb. 

Mary and Joseph were both of the house of David (Matthew 1:1-23, Luke 3) but they were disinherited because their families did not believe Jesus was born of God and is God in the flesh born of Mary the Virgin. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Me too, Jesus gets “nonacceptance letter: we regret to inform you..” 

Interesting thought YOWM, we know they had gold, frankincense and myrrh (Matthew 2:11) all of which was very valuable, but they could have spent much of the gold in Egypt all those years (Matthew 2:13-23) and the frankincense and myrrh May be what was saved and used by Nicodemius and Joseph of Arimathea to embalm Christ's body on Good Friday (John 19:38-40). 

We know Joseph and Mary were poor because Mary offered two doves/pigeons  not a lamb for Jesus’ circumsicion (Luke 2:22-24) which according to the Law is what you give if you are poor, if you are rich you give a lamb. 

Mary and Joseph were both of the house of David (Matthew 1:1-23, Luke 3) but they were disinherited because their families did not believe Jesus was born of God and is God in the flesh born of Mary the Virgin. 

Mary knew her son had no need of that school.   THE ANGEL told her WHO HE WAS .     MARY KNEW and she often pondered and kept those things in her heart .  

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

At age TWELVE JESUS KNEW MORE than those rabbies ever did .    THEY was the ones marveling at his wisdom .    JESUS really IS the WORD OF GOD and GOD really IS HIS WORD .

cant fool GOD and what can a man even know LEST GOD reveal it .    Now , you throw those hands up yowm and holler out a praise to the LORD . 

I think Jesus probably didn’t want to be in Rabbinical Seminary because like most seminaries today they are cemeteries. While I love to learn church history and Ecclesiastics, there are serpents in seminary that try to choke the Word out (Mark 4:19), just as they did in Jesus’ day. Greed and the esteem of men often pollutes a well meaning seminary and theologians can error from a pure and simple theology as found in the Holy Bible and start adding ideas like Transubstantiation or Purgatory. 

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Mary knew her son had no need of that school.   THE ANGEL told her WHO HE WAS .     MARY KNEW and she often pondered and kept those things in her heart .  

Ah a theo-argument! Well matched my friend. Jesus is God and knows all (Colossians 2:2-3) so what can mere men teach God? The disicples didn’t have just a Rabbi like Hillel, they had Rabbi Theos, Rabbi God Incarnate. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Fidei Defensor said:

I think Jesus probably didn’t want to be in Rabbinical Seminary because like most seminaries today they are cemeteries. While I love to learn church history and Ecclesiastics, there are serpents in seminary that try to choke the Word out (Mark 4:19), just as they did in Jesus’ day. Greed and the esteem of men often pollutes a well meaning seminary and theologians can error from a pure and simple theology as found in the Holy Bible and start adding ideas like Transubstantiation or Purgatory. 

HE SURE DID KNOW ,    AND JESUS always EXPOSED them .       IF JESUS were to walk in today ,    HE would be exposing a whole heap of folks who teach in HIS NAME

but don't EVEN KNOW HIM , or teach HIM .     MANY folks will be utterly shocked ON HIS DAY .    MANY .

The sad thing truly is ,   IF even JESUS were to walk in many churches today ,    teaching as HE once did ,   HE would be run off as a hater and told YOU NEED JESUS GOD IS LOVE .

YEAH ,   cause they do it to his own .   HE who receives you , RECIEVES ME , HE who receives ME , receives HIM that SENT ME . 

Same with he who rejects .     FOLKS we in an age o dire shambles .     And its over high time we get serious and start teaching JESUS , as in THE REAL BIBLCAL JESUS

or be told , I NEVER KNEW YOU .     Folks by and large are in darkness now and they see that darkness as LIGHT .     But be warned , IF the light that is in you BE DARKNESS,

THEN HOW GREAT that darkness is .   WE better feed n read on that bible big time . 

Just now, Yowm said:

I think by that time (Jesus' ministry), Joseph had already passed away.

That is most likely. We do not hear about him again after early chapters of Matthew. 

I often wonder what was Jesus doing in His carpentry days? Was it so when he was teaching as Rabbi Theo, that he could relate to the took of the common man? 

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Ah a theo-argument! Well matched my friend. Jesus is God and knows all (Colossians 2:2-3) so what can mere men teach God? The disicples didn’t have just a Rabbi like Hillel, they had Rabbi Theos, Rabbi God Incarnate. :) 

CALL NO MAN your RABBI,     JESUS made that very clear too .  WE GOT our RABBI , IN HEAVEN .    

Call no man FATHER ,   how much worse when one says HOLY FATHER .     FOR GOD is our FATHER .  

Let us not make the simple complicated .      MAKE no images of things in heaven earth or the sea , and bow down to them .      LETS KEEP THAT SIMPLE and NOT DO IT .

SEE,   by grace I just see as a small child ,  IF JESUS said TO DO , WE DO , and if not to do  < WE DONT DO .

now how simple is that .

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  687
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The God of the Universe from who all wisdom and knowledge flows (Colossians 2:2-3) didn’t cut it for seminary and Rabbinical school. 

I don't know where you got you information, but it doesn't match the bible.

Jesus was from the tribe of Judah not Levi.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Interesting parallel you have raised. Did Jesus discourage his disicples from being rabbis (Matthew 23:7-11) because we should never have those titles or positions? Or was it as you have said the rabbis had become corrupt by greed (many of Pharisees and Sadduccess had bought their positions from Rome) and they were teaching laws contrary to God’s law and teaching and so Jesus wanted to keep His disciples from corruption? 

And are we seeing something similar  in today’s seminaries and with pastors (not all but many)? 

Great food for though Frienduff. 

What you described is exactly the reason why Matthew 23:7-11 has to be taken literally.

And after all, there is no other way to read it because it says "do not call ANYONE ON EARTH rabbi/father/teacher".

Jesus was learned enough to express Himself differently if He meant "call that way only the good ones"

Edited by listener24
  • Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

HE SURE DID KNOW ,    AND JESUS always EXPOSED them .       IF JESUS were to walk in today ,    HE would be exposing a whole heap of folks who teach in HIS NAME

but don't EVEN KNOW HIM , or teach HIM .     MANY folks will be utterly shocked ON HIS DAY .    MANY .

The sad thing truly is ,   IF even JESUS were to walk in many churches today ,    teaching as HE once did ,   HE would be run off as a hater and told YOU NEED JESUS GOD IS LOVE .

YEAH ,   cause they do it to his own .   HE who receives you , RECIEVES ME , HE who receives ME , receives HIM that SENT ME . 

Same with he who rejects .     FOLKS we in an age o dire shambles .     And its over high time we get serious and start teaching JESUS , as in THE REAL BIBLCAL JESUS

or be told , I NEVER KNEW YOU .     Folks by and large are in darkness now and they see that darkness as LIGHT .     But be warned , IF the light that is in you BE DARKNESS,

THEN HOW GREAT that darkness is .   WE better feed n read on that bible big time . 

I think most seminaries and many churches would not even let Jesus in the door. My brother attended a school (Christian) and he had long hair like Jesus. Suddenly the faculty changed the dress code and my brother was told to shave his hair. My brother had like Christian Nazarite vow (do not cut your hair like Samson), so my parents appealed to the faculty and during the appeal my dad said “so if Jesus came to attend your school and would not cut his hair, you wouldn’t let him attend?” The faculty members said, “yes if Jesus did not cut his hair we wouldn’t let him in our school.” To this my dad said, “that settles it, we don’t want our son attending a school that Jesus is not welcome at.” 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1