• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Seems like lots of railing against, lots of kicking about, but no gospel. I have just now shared as another thread an opportunity, one  so far not taken up  when I asked on these diatribe threads against one thing or another. It is from real life asking; What is the gospel? 

I simply will like to read more of the gospel. I'd like to read it more often, and not just a lot of this group and that one they are bad bad bad, wow they are baaad to the bone.

best to keep reading the bible and build up what it is about as everyone and their gerbil will have a different view. and yeah there is a lot of my religion/idea is better than yours thing and the reason is folk know how to do this better it seems. dont rely on other folk to tell you , shouldnt be like this, i  know but time is of the essence so best get down to reading the bible.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

Ah there might be much to criticise about King Henry but at least he was upfront about it.  he paved the way for ordinary folk  to worship the Lord for themselves and not to have to go to a priest to confess sins and the mindset that only a priest had a relationship with the Lord. He freed us from all the saint worship,  mantra of the rosary beads ....

The religion of those days, there was no bible for the masses and if King Henry hadn’t have changed things (yeah for his own means initially but God can use someone like this). We would have not had the bible who knows how long that would have been the case, until that changed.  

We take the bible so much for granted and folk weren’t allowed to have an opinion it certainly was not encouraged and folk that were deemed to be anti establishment got hounded

As to churches who publically drink etc not come across that myself.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

The Anglican Church has made capitulation to the current popular culture in much the same way Liberal Catholicism has. The trend is to bend to what will please the masses and give the COE relevancy. Sacrificing right theology and doctrine for supposed relevancy and the fickle love of the world is best summed in the words of Our Lord Jesus Christ, “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?” (Matthew 16:26).