Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

In many traditions the body is synonymous with the flesh and is treated with a pious neglect or asceticism (Colossians 2:23). However, God The Trinity gave us bodies and always intended we have one. One of the greatest moments in our history is God taking on a flesh and body (John 1:1-17) and dying for our sins and rising from the dead in a risen body (John 19, 20). We are even promised new bodies at the resurrection  (1 Corinthians 15:35-58). 

The emphasis in many circles is the spiritual and intellectual, both Worthy, but the body is important too. Our Spirit and Soul is often seen through our body; body labaguge, the moving of our mouth to utter words, our eyes and etc. if you have chronic illness or other problems I am not intending Shane, I am merely raising the importance of the body; not more important than the Spirit or Soui, but important in that God formed it, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nation,” (Jeremiah 1:5), and “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being,” (Genesis 2:7). 

The fact that our Lord ans God Jesus was born in a flesh and body and still had a body connects us to Him in a way that is so magnificent and beautiful! 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

59 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Our Spirit and Soul is often seen through our body; body labaguge, language, the moving of our mouth to utter words, our eyes and etc. if you have chronic illness or other problems I am not intending Shane,

Who's Shane? 

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

Who's Shane? 

Don’t you know Shane? The ex-gun fighter? :D Shane (1963) starring Alan Ladd. 

Lol I meant I am not intending any shame  on anyone whose body is suffering from illness. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

12 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Don’t you know Shane? The ex-gun fighter? :D Shane (1963) starring Alan Ladd. 

Lol I meant I am not intending any shame  on anyone whose body is suffering from illness. 

Good response FD, Years ago I compiled notes about "The Five Aspects Of Our Interactions". These aspects are:

1. Physical: relating to matter ~

2. Mental: relating to intellect ~

3. Emotional: relating to feelings ~

4. Social: relating to associations ~

5. Spiritual: relating to inspiration ~

Of course these interactions overlap and integrate in various proportions, and because the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit it is indeed important.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

I've known a few Christians in the past who were so 'spiritually minded' that they were surprised to learn that our body would one day be redeemed.

Where they Sadducces? :D 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This issue is in that Yale online course I've been listening to. 2000 years ago one group emphasized the spirit over the body while another favored the body. We still have this debate going on. I think we need to find a balance because both are important. In my life I've overly emphasized the spirit and now I'm paying for those mistakes. I'm reaping what I sowed and it's unbalanced.  

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Well, one of them was so 'sad-u-see'.

Lol the Sad-duccess are still amongst us. To them we must say as Jesus, “

Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection. 37 But in the account of the burning bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’[b] 38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.” (Luke 20:24-38).

The body is crucial to resurrection, without it you can’t be raised from the dead. :)