• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Col 2:16-18

16 Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

i never use those newer versions...especially since they have been changed by the enemies of God. Only the KJV is the closest translation of the bible. I mean how can you honestly say the newer translations are better. I mean they leave important bibical doctrines and remove Christ name here and there. No thanks...

I'll stick with the KJV..for it is the word of God.

Back to Sam's question?

How do the men in the bible identify the GOd of heaven?....

How did the prophets identify the god of heaven?

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it

Exo 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

2Ki 19:15 And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

2Ch 2:12 Huram said moreover, Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, that made heaven and earth, who hath given to David the king a wise son, endued with prudence and understanding, that might build a house for the LORD, and a house for his kingdom.

Neh 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshipeth thee I really like this one.

Psa 115:15 Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth.

Psa 121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

Psa 124:8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Psa 134:3 The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion.

Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

6Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth forever:Psalm 146:5-6

Isa 37:16 O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

Jer 32:17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Jer 51:15 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.

Jon 1:9 And he said unto them, I am a Hebrew; and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the dry land.

Act 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

Act 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Did you notice that when they Identify God....they quoted the 4th commandment.

Revelation 14:7 is really significant because the mark of the beast is also mentioned as a part of the three angels message.

The true worshippers of God kept the seventh day sabbath. All of God's prophets kept the seventh-day sabbath. ALL! God never changes, although men do and times do.. God never changes.

As you read the verses...please pray for wisdom. ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

1- i never use those newer versions...especially since they have been changed by the enemies of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Okay, so then what does "right hand or forehead" symbolically represent? If it is symbolic, then everything in the prophecy must be symbolic.

I think the prophecy of the mark is too detailed and precise to be a symbolic prophecy. 50 years ago I may have thought differently. But, with technology where it is and the ability of a government to implement something exactly as described in the prophecy, I have to take it literally.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are many words in Revelation and in Daniel that are symbolic. I am just thinking that the mark spoken of will not really be a mark on our body at all. I think that Satan is just using that idea as a distraction from the real issue involved.

The real issue is worship. Satan has tried to take God's place ever since he was kicked out of heaven. He wants all people on earth to worship him, not God.

No one who is righteous will ever give him the worship he craves. So the only way for him to be worshipped, is by force. He will try to force, deceive, trick people into worshipping him.

The Lord gave us a commandment regarding worship. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. It just makes sense that Satan would mess with the 4th commandment.

When Jesus was in the desert, Satan came and tempted Him. Jesus used the Word in dealing with Satan. Every word he spoke to Satan he quoted from the book of Deuteronomy. This book gives us the sermon that Moses gave to the Israeli people before he died.

Here are just some verses:

Therefore you shall dep every commandment which I cammand you today, that you may be strong,... Deut.11:8

Therefore you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him. Deut. 8:6

Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments,...Deut. 8:11

Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

Deut. 11:18

Take out your Bible, go to Deuteronomy and mark all the verses that mention the word commandments,ways,law, covenant. It's really amazing.

I don't think we will be chipped, or marked, I think it will come down to keeping God's commandments.

Jesus states many times in scripture, If you love me, keep my commandments.

Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. Rev. 14:12.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  95

Sanctyfied

I love the way people try to sybolize the Word of God all the time.

You know this symbolizes that.

lol :73_73:

I see that the Bible is very clear at what God said.

It's also funny how everybody thinks that your of the devil, if you don't agree with exactly what they say.

The fact is God moves whether you go to church on Saturday Or Sunday.

God has placed me where I am today for a reason. I will do my Gods will know matter what men or women say.

I think people look at the symbols so much that they forget, a child can understand His Word. People listen so much to the preacher (man) and do what the preacher (man) says, and forgets to listen to God Himself.

Who do you really serve?

I'm not pointing fingers. Just my observation.

Edited by Sanctyfied

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Big Jer, I like you signature. :73_73:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks!

On the subject. Watch and Pray. Those are the major instructions.

Whether the number is 666 or 616, or for that matter, any number, or a computer chip---- it won't go on my forehead or hand.

Whether the AC comes from Rome, Germany, Iraq, or even the USA. I will not bow down to anyone that claims to be Jesus Christ, or some other form of deity. Will we be here when he shows up? I hope not, but will prepare for the possibility.

Edited by BigJer

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Sanctyfied

I love the way people try to sybolize the Word of God all the time.

You know this symbolizes that.

lol :73_73:

I see that the Bible is very clear at what God said.

It's also funny how everybody thinks that your of the devil, if you don't agree with exactly what they say.

The fact is God moves whether you go to church on Saturday Or Sunday.

God has placed me where I am today for a reason. I will do my Gods will know matter what men or women say.

I think people look at the symbols so much that they forget, a child can understand His Word. People listen so much to the preacher (man) and do what the preacher (man) says, and forgets to listen to God Himself.

Who do you really serve?

I'm not pointing fingers. Just my observation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK. Let's take a look at the Book of Revelation.

We have a lamb, a white horse, a red horse, a black horse, a pale horse, we have souls under the alter, (does God really keep souls under His alter?), we have two witnesses, a woman clothed with the sun with the moon under her feet, a garland of twelve stars, a red dragon with seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads, a beast rising up out of the sea, a beast rising up out of the earth with two horns like a lamb, we have a mark, we have three angels flying in the air, we have angels with sharp sickles gathering grape clusters of the vine of the earth,........I could go on.

You state that you see the Bible as very clear what God said, even a child can understand it. Can you tell me what God is telling you in Rev. 13? Let's just look at one chapter to start with. Then you can take us through the rest of the chapters, since it is so clear to you.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  80

You know that we have symbolism all around us. In the stock market we have bulls and bears. In the political markets we have donkeys and elephants and eagles. Does that change the fact that these symbolisms represent real entities. When I read Revelation and see all this symbolism, I look for what do they represent. If they are political parties, they are beasts. If they are religious entities they are women, whores, and brides. When we are looking at a multitude then they are either like sand of the sea or the sea. If it is a new thought that moves the crowd, then it is considered to be like the wind. So when we look at the mark of the beast, there are three things we can look for, what does it symbolise, what effect will it have on the participants and what is it literally. The mark of the beast is directly involved with buying and selling.... therefore it must be a system that the government can control. There is nothing wrong with thinking that the instrument of control is man made and utilized by the government and deals with buying and selling options.

Rev 13:17 ...preventing anyone from buying or selling unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.
When we look closer into Revelations regarding this marking system that the beast (governement) operates
Rev 14:11....and the smoke from their tormenting goes up forever and ever. They have no rest, day or night, those who worship the beast and its image and those who receive the mark of its name.
we see that that want absolute servitude, that is why there is no rest. Since God never directly punishes but allows us to suffer the consequences for our actions, I would say that the sores come from some man made polutant, and since it only effects those who have the mark, who is to say that it didn't come from the kernel of a transmitting under the skin computer.
Rev 16:2 So the first one went and poured his bowl onto the earth, and disgusting and painful sores appeared on all the people who had the mark of the beast and worshipped its image.
One thing is for sure, God is not impressed with this "worship beast or image" as it is in direct violation of His commandment that He is the only one to be worshipped. Worship of God or not seems to be at the heart of this mark issue.
Rev 20:4 - Then I saw thrones, and those seated on them received authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for testifying about Yeshua and proclaiming the Word of God, also those who had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received the mark on their foreheads and on their hands. They came to life and ruled with the Messiah for a thousand years.
Ezekiel talks about marking them that cry and sign about the abominations in the last days. Daniel takes about the abominations that effect the daily sacrifices in the last days... somehow this all ties togather.