• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Whenever I see the word tradition this passage always comes to mind.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I just wanted to say that I read somewhere what Xan was referring to. In the original text, the word sheol was interpreted as #### when in fact it stood for "the pit" or "the grave".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you George for giving us all this insight,

I agree with all of it for 100%,

Let us never live by tradition but I hope we all have a personal relationship with Jesus who died  (for us)and rose again! Let us try to get to know Him better!

Angels

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Hello Angels4u,

Be careful agreeing with me, not to say that I am wrong :biggrin: but I am just a falliable man who hasn't even come close to arriving and I realize that "if any man think he knows anything, he knows NOTHING as he ought to know."

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I almost did not respond to this thread, solely because of my precious brother George's posting his perspective. But because of his gracious and humble post before this one, I believe it permits me.

I've not labor as hard and as long as I'm persuaded Brother George has, and we all have received blessing upon blessing because of his faithfulness to God and His people, you and me.

It is with the greatest respect for George that I respectfully disagree. I submit my convictions on this matter to George and all, not that any may know whether George or I was right or wrong, but rather that we might all know what is true and faithful. That does not always exist in the realm of theologically correctness, but rather meekness and godliness.

I no longer search for common ground with my brothers and sister, rather I ask for their help in search of God's ground of truth.

The following posts will be my pursuit of just that.

William Males/BlindSeeker

Quote: from George on 12:10 am on Jan. 26, 2002

Hello Kiwi,

This is quite an interesting answer, but please bear with me as I lay out the scriptural basis of what transpired when Jesus (Yeshua) died at the cross.

John 19:30

1 Peter 3:18

Acts 2:27

Presently, prior to their pending doom, the king of darkness is referred to as "the prince of this world," or " the prince of the power of the air," but not the "prince of ####." His domain is not in #### but in the realm of our own earth's atmosphere.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

As far as the "Key of Death" it must also be the "Key of Life" and the devil never had either.

Ps 68:20 He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death.

Many think that when the author of Hebrews stated, " Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;" that he was speaking of the "Key of Death."

The author of Hebrews wasn't referring to the "key of death" he was referring to the destructed power of "lies" and the father of them.

Pr 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

It was through his deceptive power that the devil manage to entice Adam and Eve to sin, and then their sin, not the devil, killed them.

Romans 7: 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

I Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Jesus came to "deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage" by proclaiming the truth and by showing He had the key of life and death in His hand.

Before His death he raised from the dead several people. The prophets of old likewise doing the same. How????

By "the Spirit of Christ which was in them," (I Peter 1:11). I was this same "Spirit of Christ which was in . . . Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly," (II Peter 2:5).

If we follow the theme of Peter in his first epistle, we see:

[*]Our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, (1:3)

[*]The end of our faith, even the salvation of our souls, (1:9)

[*]Of which salvation the prophets [of old] have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you. Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

[*]Christ once suffered for sins [on the cross], that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit, By which also he went and preached [via the prophet and preacher of

Quote: from George on 12:10 am on Jan. 26, 2002

Paul wrote of his decension into #### in Ephesians,

Ephesians 4:8