• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

As I said, it was written to the Diaspora and it is for us as well. That's all. I can't say it was written to us when the letter says 'to the Twelve Tribes scattered abroad'.

Well as I am sure you would agree,   the old holy scrips were first written to the jews ,  OH but its all for us now . 

OH sing it yowm ,   ITS all for our good .    Now lift those hands up yowm and praise the LORD .    

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

NOW everyone ,     YALL KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS .      OH YES ,   ITS TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD .     One thing I know , ITS NEVER TOO EARLY TO PRAISE THE LORD .

All we need now is Gary to stop by and throw those hands up GARY ,  YOU PRAISE THE LORD and SING WITH JOY TO THE LORD .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

All we need now is Gary to stop by and throw those hands up.

16 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.

Worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness; tremble before Him, all the earth.

484384231_1280x720.jpg.eb33f5444a4f684ef828de5d5a7b5a35.jpg

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,631
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place.  And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship  and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah.  And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.”  So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?  And he said, How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.  Now the passage of the Scripture that he was reading was this:

“Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter
    and like a lamb before its shearer is silent,
    so he opens not his mouth.
   In his humiliation justice was denied him.
    Who can describe his generation?
For his life is taken away from the earth.”

And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?”  Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.  And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.  And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing.40 But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he preached the gospel to all the towns until he came to Caesarea.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,631
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Guess one could start sharing by reading the account of Acts about the Ethiopian reading Isaiah and how an angel of God sent phillip  to give testimony of Christ Jesus.

Seems to me the lesson is  it is the testimony  as led by the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit  that brings about the turning from sin against God, and not which scroll ( book ) of the Bible might be read by an unbeliever or recommended by a saint in Christ. None of the books  being recommended now were even written when the great  reveal and beginning of the Church of Jesus was beginning. Yet many were saved.

I conclude, there is no wrong book, there is instead the opportunity generated by God to be obedient and to go share of the gosple of Jesus personally as led by the Holy Spirit.

Edited by Neighbor
typos

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

I would recommend the Epistles of Paul. That is where we find the Gospel of Grace. Nowhere else is that Gospel proclaimed. But first we must witness verbally to them and pray with them, I think. 

• Thumbs Up 2