What opinions upon Halloween?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I just have one more thing to say.  This whole ideal that Christians who partake in Halloween are doing so because they are too afraid to stand against it is not always true. I partake in Halloween because I see no harm in it and I am at peace with doing so.  So no. It is not because I am so afraid of crushing my child's feelings or being shun by society. It is because I feel no conviction about it and do not see it as an issue.   

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I don't believe Christians should have anything to do with Halloween. It's not just a worldly holiday it also has evil associations with it. But I know not everyone is mature enough to ignore Halloween. I hope that someday all of God's people will ignore this day.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Guest 1sheep
1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I think we have crossed wires here.  I will come right out and say it: 

I.

Hate.

Halloween.

I despise it mostly because that is the day my birthday falls on.  Growing up, each of my "birthdays" was punctuated by my Dad griping and whinging about kids knocking at the door.  We weren't allowed to go trick-or-treating.  Not because of any spiritual implications although my Dad was a staunch Southern Baptist.  We weren't allowed to go trick-or-treating because Dad felt it was annoying to other people, treading on their  privacy, (and he was right) and my adolescence or so is when the first instances of laced and booby-trapped candy began to be an issue.  I remember he acquiesced one time when I was about 7 or 8 and I dressed up as a Hobo.  Going door-to-door being confronted by people I didn't know scared me so much I never had the urge to go again.  I don't think they ever let my sister go.

That being said, I will also add that I don't think this is a holiday that any Christian should even acknowledge.  It's roots are satanic, and giving any credence to it at all only shows the world we are willing to bend to their customs.  One reason our wife and I decided we would not decorate for Christmas this year.  I will no longer perpetuate the commercial cycle of buying sparkling junk so someone can make a profit off of it, and me.  People will say, in the up-coming CHRISTMAS BAD threads that we are worshiping Jesus, but when you are buying others gifts and putting up glittering trinkets that Walmart and Amazon make millions off of, and bank on people pouring money into same, no, that ain't worshiping Jesus.

Thank you for sharing a personal story of yours with us. I really understand. Im sorry your bdays were tainted by this wicked day.Thank you for sharing your heart with me. Ill be sure to give you a big happy birthday since I now know when! :) 

I also do agree with you about Christmas. 

I stopped giving out hundreds of dollars of gifts on Christmas. I honor my loved ones bdays now  and thats it. No more valentines cards no more easter baskets. Im done with all that stuff that drains the bank account and pads the pockets of merchants that suck ones account dry with a holiday almost every month.

I will say that I feel christmas is a time to represent Christ so I do have a outside yard nativity.  

Having said that; over indulgence of any kind is not a fruit of the spirit. 

I do have a lil tree I stick in the closet decorated  and I pull it out every year and put it on the table.  Every year there is less joy in adorning my home with christmas beauty. I would attribute that to the Lords  removing more and more of that old man . 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well sometimes it is Batman ,Wonder Women and maybe a Spider Man ! 

Just remember this lady kay .    When a person or church body compromises even a millimeter unto satan ,   he will become the RULER itself in time . 

• Thumbs Up 1

Give the darkness an inch , it will become the ruler .     And lambs wont compromise even a tittle for fun ,  or out of fear .   THEY WONT BUDGE .   On the ROCK they stand . 

• This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I was right wasn't I. 

IF persecuted when you do wrong and you take that patiently , what good is that ,  BUT IF persecuted when we do right and take that pateintly ,  GOOD that is .

Lady kay if you feel the need for persecution ,  just speak the truth ,   You will be persecuted huge .  NOT BY ME ,  but by many .

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Just remember this lady kay .    When a person or church body compromises even a millimeter unto satan ,   he will become the RULER itself in time . 

I have not compromised anything.  If Halloween was wrong for me to do God would tell me so. I am tried of being accused of comprising, being an  immature Christian and less Holy because I refuse to agree with your opinion of Halloween. ?

Edited by LadyKay

Just now, LadyKay said:

I have not compromised anything.  If Halloween was wrong for me to do God would tell me so. I am tried of being accused of comprising, being an  immature Christian and less Holy because I refuse to agree with your opinion of Halloween. ?

You being ran by your own conscious of what is right and wrong .

I will show you an example by your line of reasoning .

HOW many gays who claim to believe in JESUS ,  have no pricking in their conscious and just honor it and its marriage .  By your line , they stand justified .  I mean

THEY could say HEY , GODS NOT TELLING ME its wrong ,   I feel peace , I feel okay , god is love and so on .

We cant be RUN by our conscious ,  OUR conscious has to be TRASNFORMED by the POWER of Grace given us IN CHRIST .  And the more we feast on his words

THE MORE his words WILL FILL US .      Now ,   you just ponder and pray on that a bit .   And in quick time , I hope you will see frienduff aint trying to kill ya joy

I am trying to Express the true JOY of KNOWING CHRIST .  THE ONLY KIND that fulfills and needs nothing of this world to keep it filled , ONLY HIS TRUTH to keep it filled .  

• This is Worthy 1

5 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This sounds like a play book response .   When one cant overcome their opponents truth ,  play the VC and pray they get banned or silenced .

VC.   VICTIM card .   IF your conscious is getting pricked , Don't kick the messenger ,    Just repent of it . 

• This is Worthy 1