• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

I am expecting verses that are tangibly related to celebrating secular holidays, wearing costumes or consuming fictional stories. Restating your position over and over does not make it more correct nor does your ad hominem attacks prove your case.

I would also advise you not to speak for the Lord or make presumptions on what he thinks on a matter.

Anyway, as you have chosen to become rude and belligerent I am withdrawing from the discussion.

You can run from me the messenger. But God's word will grind you to powder, unless you first fall on him.

The Bible has no verses directly proportional to smoking weed. Are you going to convince me it's okay?

The Spirit convicts and it convicts many Christians on here. But you are not convicted? 

Reprove your faith. Don't harden your heart, because you don't like the truth.

If the word of God I deliver to you, hurts you. Then let it be so and let yourself hurt.

Edited by Follower Of Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

You're expecting a verse like, "don't celebrate halloween or go to hell".

This got me thinking. I might be going off topic here so bear with me for a moment. There had to be celebrations and holidays that were celebrated back in Bible times and around the time Paul was preaching. I wonder how come Paul never instructed the followers back then to not partake in these holidays? I am sure many of them where questionable. The Romans I know had holidays.  I'm going to look up some history on holidays and get back to this  thought later.  ?

15 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This got me thinking. I might be going off topic here so bear with me for a moment. There had to be celebrations and holidays that were celebrated back in Bible times and around the time Paul was preaching. I wonder how come Paul never instructed the followers back then to not partake in these holidays? I am sure many of them where questionable. The Romans I know had holidays.  I'm going to look up some history on holidays and get back to this  thought later.  ?

Jesus says: "Why do you forsake the commandments of God, for the traditions of man". What are traditions of man? That's right...wordly holidays.

The holidays celebrated in the Roman era, were celebrating false gods. Guess what, Paul does speak out against it: idolatry.  There was no "Santy claus and friendly ghosts". Satan took every evil holiday and painted it as friendly.

There were many sins Paul didn't list.

But we were given a standard of moral perfection, by which we measure up to our lives.

But again like I said, if God had an opinion on halloween, I can guarantee 1000000% he would be against it.   

What is a holiday. The true meaning is "holy day", meaning set apart. What was halloween set apart for? That's right, evil. Only difference is, all these evil things are 'cute' now.

I truly hope you do research into ancient holidays, including Halloween and Christmas. Find their origins, and what they are founded on.

Then come and tell us what you learned, that others can see a change of heart, and be changed themselves. 

Look into Samhain.

Always remember what scripture says. A bad tree cannot produce good fruit. The root of the tree (halloween), is founded upon evil. Therefore, all association with the holiday, is evil. Only the enemy has made the skin of the fruit look pleasing, to lure in ignorant souls.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat or drink, or in respect to a holy day or the new moon or the Sabbath days,  Colossians 2:16

To my understand it seems we are not to judge others based on what holidays they celebrate. Interesting. 

6 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Let no man therefore judge you in meat or drink, or in respect to a holy day or the new moon or the Sabbath days,  Colossians 2:16

To my understand it seems we are not to judge others based on what holidays they celebrate. Interesting. 

Are you seriously going to twist this scripture to your own gain?

2 Peter 3:16 "Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction."

First we need to understand that Paul was confronting a heresy. False teachers had infiltrated the congregation in Colosse. These deceivers had influenced the Colossian Christians by introducing their own religious philosophy. This prompted Paul to warn the Colossians, “Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit according to the tradition of men” (Colossians 2:8). Humanly devised tradition—not the revealed instructions of God’s Word in the Bible—was the problem Paul was countering. Earlier Jesus had taken the Pharisees to task over the same kind of problem. They also had elevated their traditions to greater importance than God’s commandments (Mark 7:8-13). Paul tried to keep the Colossians focused on Christ as the head of the Church (Colossians 1:18; Colossians 2:10-19). But these false teachers were trying to persuade them to direct their worship toward angels (Colossians 2:18) and neglect their own bodies (Colossians 2:23). No such distorted ideas are taught anywhere in the Scriptures.

When Paul wrote, “… Let no one judge you in food …” (Colossians 2:16), he wasn’t discussing what types of foods they should or should not eat. The Greek word brosis, translated “food,” refers not to the kinds of foods one should or should not eat, but to “the act of eating” (Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 1985, “Food”). The point is that the deceivers disdained feasting—any type of eating and drinking for enjoyment. Paul instructed the Colossian Christians not to be influenced by these false teachers’ objections to eating, drinking and rejoicing on Sabbaths, feast days and new moons.

19 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Paul was referring to holy days COMMANDED BY GOD. 

HALLOWEEN IS NOT INCLUSIVE IN THAT SCRIPTURE.

8 minutes ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

Are you seriously going to twist this scripture to your own gain?

I am not twisting anything.  I am exploring the Bible and trying to discover the meaning of the words that are being used.   I did say it was to my understanding. As it is to my understand I posted what it is I thought it meant. If you feel my understanding of such verse is wrong, then it is simply that. A wrong understanding. Not a twisting of scripture for my own gain. As I would never do such a thing! 

• Thumbs Up 1