listener24

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

It recently seems like the main hope for a lot of Christians is politics.

I don't think it was the same for the first Christian, whose primary hope was Christ Return and who were greeting each other with the word "Maranatha", which means "come quickly Jesus".

If the hope of the first Christians for the world were in politics, they would get quickly discouraged, since people like Nero existed from since then, and for 2 thousands years we haven't yet seen a truly just government, nor does it seems it's gonna happen if we read Matthew 24.

So the question is were is our hope? What do you pray for? What do you talk more about with fellow Christians?

"However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)

PS

Clarification: This post is not an invitation to not care about politics. It is good to be informed and participate in politics. This post is about not putting our hopes in politics or human rulers, since Matthew 24 shows us how things will get worse and worse until his return.

Edited by listener24
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, listener24 said:

I don't think it was the same for the first Christian, whose primary hope was Christ Return and who were greeting each other with the word "Maranatha", which means "come quickly Jesus".

If the hope of the first Christians for the world were in politics, they would get quickly discouraged, since people like Nero existed from since then, and for 2 thousands years we haven't yet seen a truly just government, nor does it seems it's gonna happen if we read Matthew 24.

So the question is were is our hope? What do you pray for? What do you talk more about with fellow Christians?

"However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)

Is not God's sovereignty to be seen in all politics? Does not the unfolding of what Has been prophesized throughout the word of God play out in politics?

Has not the politics of the world been a primary manner in which the word of God has spread into all the world? Christianity was forced out of Jerusalem by the intense persecution by Saul, that was the motivation for the dispersion - 

What man may intend for evil God uses for good. How can one study the Book of Revelation and not see politics and apply the present politics to the word of God?

The discussion of politics is the discussion of the Bible, the awareness of one makes for fuller understanding of the other.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

And: while many are cheering a US Supreme Court justice confirmation today while others are lamenting it. The court will now have a new influence upon it- A  practicing Roman Catholic Justice. A man of the establishment. Question is; what is the plan of the establishment for this man to help fulfill? How will God move the nations?

Edited by Neighbor

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, listener24 said:

We all know our hope and peace is the promise of Christ Jesus return, and our trust and faith in Him. A person would be hard pressed to find just 'one year' in the last 2,000 years where there wasn't conflict or war somewhere on the planet. The planet will not see peace until Christ's Kingdom in the millennium. 

As far as politics; I'm a Christian first and foremost and my allegiance is to Jesus Christ and His will. My hope, fate and destiny rests in Him and Him alone. I am an American, I want my children and descendants to live free in a land God has so richly blessed. I'm a patriot and believe in nationalism and a sovereign nation, of which so many gave their last measure of self to obtain and defend. 

National and global politics are now vehemently attacking all three (Nationalism, patriotism and particularly Christianity) for a "one world government". I won't roll over and play dead. We may have hope of delaying the Lord's judgment on this nation, by politics, by electing and promoting God Fearing righteous politicians and judges, to change our laws and nation back to honoring and respecting our Lord. It appears to me, God has given U.S. a reprieve, one last chance, to repent and change our immoral God hating ways as a nation. Biblical prophecy is inevitable, but perhaps we can delay our national judgment through prayer to heal our nation; and effect it through those we elect through the vote to reverse Roe vs. Wade, Monkey Scopes, evolution, prayer out of school, forbidding the Name of Jesus Christ, etc. 

What am I looking and waiting for??? That trumpet, that shout from above in the clouds saying, "Dennis, come up here". The fastest elevator ride up in history with a glorified body in a twinkling of an eye. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I hear ya but that understandably gets downplayed during a hot Presidential race or a Supreme Court pick. After all, it involves the freedoms to disseminate the Gospel. But yes, God is ultimately in control.

Thanks @Yowm, I wasn't thinking about that actually, this is something I've noticed in years and all over the places (different nations).

One thing is to participate in politics, which is good (I edited my question specifying it), another thing is put our hope in events/rulers of the world, when Jesus never said that justice will reign on this earth until His return, quite the contrary.

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Does not the unfolding of what Has been prophesized throughout the word of God play out in politics?

@Neighbor Yes, exactly as prophesied by Jesus (Matthew 24) things are getting worse and worse. We just came out from 2 world wars and we still have dictatorships all over. You are totally right, everything predicted by Jesus about this world is happening.

"Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

11 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

We all know our hope and peace is the promise of Christ Jesus return, and our trust and faith in Him. A person would be hard pressed to find just 'one year' in the last 2,000 years where there wasn't conflict or war somewhere on the planet. The planet will not see peace until Christ's Kingdom in the millennium.  

11 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

What am I looking and waiting for??? That trumpet, that shout from above in the clouds saying, "Dennis, come up here". The fastest elevator ride up in history with a glorified body in a twinkling of an eye.  

@Dennis1209 and @Betha This is exactly the spirit that this post wants to emphasize.

Thanks all for enriching the conversation.

God bless. Maranatha

Edited by listener24
  • Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Question is; what is the plan of the establishment for this man to help fulfill? How will God move the nations?

I think we're seeing God moving the prophetic nations into place as we speak. We see what's happening in Europe and the rogue nations. We see the alignment of the nations for the Gog / Magog war and the preparations in Syria, and the changes with Turkey (NATO Nation) and Sudan & Libya. The time is no doubt near.

What we don't see shaping up like we do in the middle East and Europe, is the once most powerful nation on earth, U.S. There are just so many things that can take U.S. down in a heartbeat, from economic collapse, to EMP attack, to civil war, asteroid hit, etc. etc. Maybe even the Rapture of the church?

We know and see the nearness of the Ezekiel 38: - 39: invasion. We see the problems with Damascus, Syria and Israel conducting numerous air sorties all around Damascus. One day soon over night Damascus will be leveled and be no more, most likely from an Israeli strike. We are currently allied and friends with Israel. We know that no one on earth comes to the aid of Israel in Ezekiel 38:, God destroys them. It only makes sense that the U.S. is incapable or irrelevant to aid Israel in any way I would think?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

Psalm 146:5-10 (KJV)

Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:

Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The Lord looseth the prisoners:

The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous:

The Lord preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

10 The Lord shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the Lord.

THATS RIGHT SISTER .     YOU PRAISE THE LORD .     You loved lil abby .     

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I too am a patriot faithful .    But my kingdom is not of this world .    Their is no hope in man , whose breath is in his nostrils , but their is heavy deception .

And it matters not what country I dwell in , whether its hostile or friendly .   THE LORD has me and no matter what is coming against me , OH COUNT IT ALL JOY .

For as even paul once said ,  I AM EXCEEDING JOYFUL , in ALL OUR TRIBULATION .       Their is no hope in this world , BUT THIER IS HOPE IN THE LORD .

For whether we live or die , whether we suffer and lose all,  WE ARE THE LORDS .     Persecutoin is coming no matter what .    And if any is Spiritual

THEY KNOW what I am talking about .    Many prophesy of peace , many have hope in men ,     But I am telling us all, HEAVY persecution will come against us .

And it wont matter WHO is in office .     I don't rely on man to protect me , nor make me prosperous or give me any hope .

Tribulation is what I expect from the world ,  and its coming .   And no matter what I lose or suffer ,  MY JOY will not wane or fade , IT WLL ONLY INCREASE

and I shall abound .  FOR GOD IS WITH HIS OWN and whether we die , WE STILL THE LORDS .      THE PEACE which passes all understanding .  HAS PEACE

of mind ,,  NO MATTER what threat comes against it or persecution .   IT fears not man ,  IT ONLY REJOICES IN THE LORD .      YEAH .  ITS REAL, AND ITS THE ABUNDANT LIFE

THAT JESUS PROMISED .