dgolvach

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

At 42 and with a broken and sick body, God has managed to get my attention. I hurt so much most of the time that I have nowhere to look but up. I can tell you that the message I believe I am getting from God is this "Dan ...you need to put me first" I am not a perfect man but I can tell you this. I am giving up on trying to make my life better. I have been spinning my wheels for a long time. I have told God that more than anything else " I just want his peace" I now believe that without it, you really have nothing. More than getting my health back or getting anything else, I want the void filled. Its been there for a long time. I would give my life for it because without it, I have no life. I have put a stop to some projects I was working on. Other than working to support my family, I am basically doing nothing right now which is hard. I am waiting for God to direct me. I am waiting for his peace to swallow my life. I'll trade anything for it. Does anyone here have a steady peace with God? How long? How long did it take to get it when you finally decided to give up on your own plans? My plans have failed? I am ready to let go and let God and I'm not playing. I believe God has saved me but I want more. Peace, regardless of my circumstances. If I get nothing else, thats fine!

Am I alone?

Dan

Guest Bro David™
At 42 and with a broken and  sick body, God has managed to get my attention. I hurt so much most of the time that I have nowhere to look but up. I can tell you that the message I believe I am getting from God is this "Dan ...you need to put me first" I am not a perfect man but I can tell you this. I am giving up on trying to make my life better. I have been spinning my wheels for a long time. I have told God that more than anything else " I just want his peace" I now believe that without it, you really have nothing. More than getting my health back or getting anything else, I want the void filled. Its been there for a long time. I would give my life for it because without it, I have no life. I have put a stop to some projects I was working on. Other than working to support my family, I am basically doing nothing right now which is hard. I am waiting for God to direct me. I am waiting for his peace to swallow my life. I'll trade anything for it. Does anyone here have a steady peace with God? How long? How long did it take to get it when you finally decided to give up on your own plans? My plans have failed? I am ready to let go and let God and I'm not playing. I believe God has saved me but I want more. Peace, regardless of my circumstances. If I get nothing else, thats fine!

Am I alone?

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dan your not alone.

And you know that !

Psa 35

13: But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.

14: I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother.

Your broken now Dan, Rejoice.

For it is in that state that your closest to Him.

The Comforter has been sent to you, let His love surround you.

I know you know all this, just standing here beside ya sayin Praise The Lord for He is Good !!

:emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

Bro David...

I just need to know for sure that he is with me. If I have that, I'm good. I think I need a sign or something to remind me. I'm looking over Ecclesiastes right now.

I cant think of anything (good or bad) that I have had or done that has ever been enough to give me joy. I was looking at a Thomas Kinkade painting the other day. They call him the "painter of light". His work always makes me desire serenity. I wonder if such a place can exist in this lifetime. I need it so bad. I suppose we all do. If God can make this dream come true, everything else can take a back seat to it. That secret little serene place, full of joy and peace that only comes from God. You know what I am saying?

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Dan,

Praise God. I understand EXACTLY what you are going thru! It's called "afflictions". It's the place where we come to TRUE repentance, brokenness, and surrender. It was the place of rebirth for me as an adult. It is where the walk really began! I want to revisit a thread you started, and a response I posted there. I HOPE it is what is beginning in you.

I want to encourage you to take a look at the "To Endure" thread, and your thread, "Power to Obey".

To Endure

Power to Obey

Dear Dan,

Your post brings me to the topic of today's preaching of salvation.  I can attest that I was saved as a child, but, only saved as to the receiving of God's Word.  I had NOT come to a point of repentance.  I was not fully comprehensive of salvation, until I fully understood my sin, which I did not at the tender age of 10.  So, in essence I did not consider myself as saved until I was around 34, when circumstances in my life had me absolutely face to face with God.  I had to cry out to Him to save me, because my sins had caused a mess in my life.  Affliction brings repentance many times.  I would venture to say that you may not have come to the point of complete surrender and repentance to God.  Many times, we will tell someone that we are not sure of our salvation, and they will tell us, "Oh, bless your heart, if you were saved, then you were SAVED!"  I do not believe we can assure ANYONE of their salvation, any more than we would tell someone they are absolutely NOT SAVED.  It goes both ways.  The Holy Spirit convicts for a reason, it is to bring us into a right standing before God, when we are not.  Your heart is troubled............do not ignore it.  Listen to it, and be honest with yourself and the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is able to save.  It is by the POWER OF HIS WORKING GRACE IN US!

Titus 2:11

Affliction can bring us into a right place with the Lord, if we will call out to Him and be saved!

Here are some verses from His Word regarding this.

Psalm 25:8 Good and upright is the Lord; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way. 9 The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way. 10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies. 11 For Your name's sake, O Lord, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. 12 Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. 13 He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth. 14 The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant.

15 My eyes are ever toward the Lord, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net. 16 Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted. 17 The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses! 18 Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins. 19 Consider my enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred. 20 Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You. 21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.

Psalm 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word.

71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes.

75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Dan, you cannot come to a point of true salvation UNTIL you have been BROKEN over your sins, and truly repented. 

If you have not been sure, then GET SURE!!!  TAKE HOLD OF THE POWER OF THE LORD TODAY!

The death of Jesus Christ and His shed blood, affords us the power to live in accordance to God's ways.  Pleasing to Him in His Righteousness and Power, overcoming the strongholds of sin, and effectively displaying the Power of God working in us and through us.  To be able to serve God acceptably with reverance and awe.

Titus 2:11  For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12  teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,

Grace is the power now available to us, by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, to accomplish the above in Titus.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Affliction was the turning point for me as an adult. It is the place where I realized my true need for Christ, and my sinful state and need of forgiveness. I had come face to face with the reality of what was taking place in my life, and that I was in need of saving. It was a mess. BUT, it was the Lord who allowed this affliction to flow, so that I might be saved when I realized my mess.

Here are some passages that speak of this state of surrender and affliction.............that "getting your attention"!

Psalm 25:15 My eyes are ever toward the Lord, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net. 16 Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted. 17 The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses! 18 Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins.

Psalm 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word.

119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes.

119:75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

76 Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, According to Your word to Your servant. 77 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; For Your law is my delight.

Read ALL of Psalm 51.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-- These, O God, You will not despise.

Dan, I understand EXACTLY where you are now. I hope that you will abide in Him/His Word now for ALL your Truth and believe!

In His Love,

Suzanne

I suspect that my biggest sin is trying to control my life. Even good things don't give you peace. Children, more money, good marriage, nice house and on and on..... Getting to the next level....whatever that is. The levels never end. There is no level that gives you peace with God. Its a very deceptive treadmill. Most of the time it just gives you anxiety about reaching the next level. I am here...now what? If I could just get this or achieve that then I would be happy? Maybe these things are the modern day version of idles. They are not bad in of themselves until you decide that they are what is going to make you joyful deep down. I really want to find that place, then everything else will be in balance. Perhaps then, life will make sence? I have never been still but now I'm tired.

Dan

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

Without God there is no peace. Just look at the world today.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Ps

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

More and more, I find that the only thing that 'works' is for me to be like a little girl, trusting Abba Daddy.

One day, as I was reading this:

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I noticed that this peace which passes all understanding is linked to prayer with thanksgiving. Being thankful for every gift from the Father's hand - even the gifts that don't much look to me like gifts.

Not that I'm perfect at it. But the more thankful I am, and the more childlike I am, turning all of me over to HIM - the better it all is.

Hope that's a help.

Guest AWorkInProgress

Hi Dan,

Your not alone, I've had back trouble since the later 80's and finally went down and had to have surgery in 98. Never been right since. Laying in bed for weeks and months trying to avoid further surgery gives one plenty of time to reflect. If I had never had medical problems, I probably would have never slowed down and been allowed time to think. He is able to get our attention one way or another. I was feeding my flesh in a endless search for fulfilment and spinning my wheels big time also. Vain pursuits of the flesh. I too am not interested in what THIS world has to offer, all I recieved for my efforts with man was a broken back! Not really, but you get my point. The only thing we ever will be happy and fulfiled doing is Gods will in our lives, we tried the other avenues didn't we? I guess free will is involved here and that is something I don't want anymore. I'm interested in what others have to say concerning this matter also, Peace Bro