IGNORED

Should Christians own "Dream-Catchers?"

LivingbyFaith

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Intention=original design. Let's hope it's not used as a coffee table ornament or top.

Why not? If it is 'merely' a inanimate object ? ...........:sarc:

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I removed a bunch of personal attacks.  Please don't make me ban people from this thread.  Right now, it's been brow beaten and you'all are talking in circles.  :)   If you are going to veer off into another subject -- make another thread!  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, enoob57 said:

In order for satan, 'a creation of God', to dupe that which is or was dead in Spirit... he must use sensual body things of material nature it is the only port communicable! God's regeneration of our being by Spirit allows our faith to be placed in God alone- by understanding His creation witnesses to us of Him and His abilities -but- is not necessary for Him 'TO BE'... He before His creation events 'IS' and that being without end.... leaving us to understand that which our flesh is joined to 1st creation event is not a necessary thing but only God Who has made it!

@1sheep I reposted this because I noticed your 'I don't get this emot' at bottom. What don't you get loved one?

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

@1sheep I reposted this because I noticed your 'I don't get this emot' at bottom. What don't you get loved one?

I dont get why you think what you posted is relevant.

1 minute ago, 1sheep said:

I dont get why you think what you posted is relevant.

Because they are giving the material things of creation to satan… when in reality Rom 1:18-22 they are witness of God Himself! It is spoken of here

1 Cor 2:13-14
 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
KJV

notice how God has divided out natural from Spiritual and the two cannot see each other in understanding.... I believe the ones whom say the material is evil is convoluting the actual precepts laid down in Scripture...

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

Because they are giving the material things of creation to satan… when in reality Rom 1:18-22 they are witness of God Himself! It is spoken of here

1 Cor 2:13-14
 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
KJV

notice how God has divided out natural from Spiritual and the two cannot see each other in understanding.... I believe the ones whom say the material is evil is convoluting the actual precepts laid down in Scripture...

Well like I said; your rhetoric doesnt apply to my line of thinking. This IS a matter of identifying objects the unclean spirits use  as toys and they do so because the natural man beckons them through an object unclean by its determined use! The unclean object is unclean because it was created for unclean purposes.; Historic relevance.

Actually I see your use of scripture of no use because the natural man could never discern the spiritual implications or ramifications of objects used for beckoning evil.  A christian can discern that which a natural man cannot understand!!

Discernment is learned. Saints dont have equal measure just as saints dont have equal measure of faith. 

God said my people perish for lack of knowledge.

@1sheep Your contention then lies with this Scripture

Rom 1:20-21

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
KJV

God says He holds all creation (things He has made) as example that He 'IS' and so much so all men existing here is without excuse for not believing that He 'IS' … yet you are saying (if I am understanding you right) the material thing itself is evil because of what is attached to it...

As Yowm has already posted this passage so indication such as not the case

1 Cor 8:4-6

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
KJV

and how it plays out in my reasoning is: well I know Lord you made it all and the things you have made testify of You BUT the created thing can take that material and make it evil by association even though You hold it (the creation) though all generations as your witness so all are without excuse... I see God is able to maintain truth that He has stated- above all lies that comes against it....

Edited by enoob57

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No, in what you are trying so hard to imply, but avoid asking questions about, how is anyone engaging in some kind of occultic pracice just by hanging some doodad on their wall?  Worship is never done with out intent and deliberateness.  A person cannot accidentally operate in the occult in the way you are implying.

“Dream catchers (webbed and beaded circles hung with feathers from the base of the circle) have long been a part of Native American religion, lore, and art. They have caught on within the New Age movement into popular culture. The purpose of a dream catcher is to supposedly catch dreams—that is, to trap bad or evil dreams and channel good dreams to the sleeper. People usually place them in a window or above their bed, believing that it will allow the good dreams to drip down the feathers onto the sleeper below. Essentially, the dream catcher is to manipulate the spirit world. Some people have faith in the efficacy of dream catchers. Others are unsure but are superstitious enough to keep one in the bedroom anyways. Still others see dream catchers as merely piece of art that looks good dangling from a rear-view mirror. There are testimonies from some Christians who have hung these things and had terrible nightmares as a result. Knowing the background of dream catchers and their talisman-like use, Christians should have nothing to do with them. Christians should trust in the Lord Jesus for protection (Ps. 20:7) instead of an object.”

Source: jesustruthdeliverancedotcom

These "dreamcatchers" are often associated with the New Age movement, which is very un-Christian in its beliefs. If one truly holds to the mythology associated with dreamcatchers, I believe it very unwise to have one. In short, it is assigning God-like power to an object. It is putting a created object ahead of the God who created it, which is a sin (Rom 1:25). It is, in essence, making that object an idol. This can apply to all sorts of objects such as: amulets, tarot cards, crystals, horoscopes, ouija boards, a talisman, etc... It could even apply to having a cross. In addition, while many may scoff at this, I believe these things can, at times, open a door to evil spirits. Many Christians have reported this happening over the years. In regards to dreamcatchers specifically, you can read testimonies from some Christians who have hung these things and had terrible nightmares as a result. Those who actually believe in the power of dreamcatchers believe they can "manipulate the spirit world" and stop "negative energy." Don't you think it might be dangerous to associate with things in the "spirit world?"

Source: jesusalivedotcc

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Yeah thats what the seeker friendly emergent church teaches. Base decisions on "feelings". Which  is why most churches are apostate. People these days desire to have their ears tickled because the truth offends their sensibilities. 

I thought Christians are supposed to base all of our decisions on Gods word.

God tells us our hearts are deceitful. Jeremiah 17:9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

The world says 'listen to your heart', 'follow your heart'. Proverbs 14:12There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.

Which btw ;  Christmas is  when Christians recognize Jesus birth and resurrection sunday his ascension to the Father. Hallows eve  holiday is recognized for its ghouls and goblins and witches and haunted houses but veiled in cutesy costumes and tastey candies. . It is a pagan holiday.

Btw. Im not being argumentative either.  My opinions differ . 

I could go off in 17 different directions so I will present a few points and leave it at that.

1. For me personally, a dream catcher is on the same level as beaded moccassins and fringed leather jackets. There is nothing especially meaningful at all about any of it except as a part of the Native American culture. So they don't bother me. They do, apparently, bother some, so I wouldn't have them around those people. (In the spirit of 1 Corinthians 8:9)

2. When I said I "felt" I was not referring to my emotions, but rather that I felt in my spirit. There is a vast difference and I agree with you in that following our fleshly feelings is dangerous. I didn't realize that everything I said would be picked apart. We are admonished to test the spirits, to recognize and follow the Holy Spirit, etc. That's Biblical.  

3. Christmas... the time of year was used by various pagan religions, from the Roman Saturnalia which was a "time of lawlessness" when no one would be punished for their misdeeds ending in the murder of a chosen person, to Druid killings with mistletoe poison. The church tried to take over Saturnalia but it didn't work very well. It took centuries to get enough Christianity into it to lay as much claim to it as we do now (Santa Claus, Grinches and all). The addition of pagan bases to Easter and Halloween is something each of us need to address prayerfully.

4. Since I said I didn't intend to argue, I won't pursue this any further. I appreciate your strong stand for the Lord's ways.

Edited to add that I do celebrate Christmas and enjoy it thoroughly.

Edited by Peavey
  • This is Worthy 1

19 minutes ago, Peavey said:

I could go off in 17 different directions so I will present a few points and leave it at that.

1. For me personally, a dream catcher is on the same level as beaded moccassins and fringed leather jackets. There is nothing especially meaningful at all about any of it except as a part of the Native American culture. So they don't bother me. They do, apparently, bother some, so I wouldn't have them around those people. (In the spirit of 1 Corinthians 8:9)

2. When I said I "felt" I was not referring to my emotions, but rather that I felt in my spirit. There is a vast difference and I agree with you in that following our fleshly feelings is dangerous. I didn't realize that everything I said would be picked apart. We are admonished to test the spirits, to recognize and follow the Holy Spirit, etc. That's Biblical.  

3. Christmas... the time of year was used by various pagan religions, from the Roman Saturnalia which was a "time of lawlessness" when no one would be punished for their misdeeds ending in the murder of a chosen person, to Druid killings with mistletoe poison. The church tried to take over Saturnalia but it didn't work very well. It took centuries to get enough Christianity into it to lay as much claim to it as we do now (Santa Claus, Grinches and all). The addition of pagan bases to Easter and Halloween is something each of us need to address prayerfully.

4. Since I said I didn't intend to argue, I won't pursue this any further. I appreciate your strong stand for the Lord's ways.

Edited to add that I do celebrate Christmas and enjoy it thoroughly.

Hallows Eve has always been pagan. It is evil.