• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

21 minutes ago, Debp said:

Yes, start focusing on the Lord and the good things in life.

Also, you never know....your loved ones might eventually come to know Jesus, too!  Keep that hope within you.   With God all things are possible....many people have experienced this happening, even when their loved one was an atheist!

Thanks for these encouraging words!  A few years ago, my family broke up, half my family don't talk with the other half.  I tried my best to convince them that forgiveness and letting go of grudges would free them from the hurt and pain they were feeling and perhaps have this family reconcile, but no luck!  It was such a hard time to go through, as my parents had separated at that same time as well (they were almost 80 years of age when they separated).  But regardless of how it looked at the time, I believed God that something good was going to come out of all of this mess!  I still haven't given up, it's been two and a half years now and I still believe that with God, all things are possible!  I continue to fight the good fight of faith!

Thanks sis and God bless!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Here is the answer , LBF. A whole different reality.

Isa 65:17
(17)  For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Thank you for this scripture. I was unfamiliar with it. Something to chew upon. 

Blesings 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Here is the answer , LBF. A whole different reality.

Isa 65:17
(17)  For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

In fuller context:

“For behold, I create new heavens
    and a new earth,
and the former things shall not be remembered
    or come into mind.
  But be glad and rejoice forever
    in that which I create;
for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy,
    and her people to be a gladness.
   I will rejoice in Jerusalem
    and be glad in my people;
no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping
    and the cry of distress.
   No more shall there be in it
    an infant who lives but a few days,
    or an old man who does not fill out his days,
for the young man shall die a hundred years old,
    and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isolating the writings that are scripture down to a single  "verse" allows for all sorts of distortion in understanding. At least a near context if not the comparison of other entire passages and books  tend give  a much better and less likely to be terribly errant understanding.

Edited by Neighbor

There is hope that is certain in Christ Jesus. Our Lord says ask  and it will be so, I will do it. He also says It is not done because you ask wrongly, here is how to ask.  So again  out of context there can be much conflict in understanding. Our Lord is not a trickster He means what He says. Evidently He will like us to read more fully what He has left for us along with the Holy Spirit to enable understanding and comforting.

Anecdotal: My grandmother often prayed for me and her reading of the Bible to me bore fruit only long after her death, more than two decades after. And it happened despite my not wanting God at all. I was an atheist, content in that as my  "faith". But God had a promise that He has made, and I found myself no match for a very real God. I was turned about  in short order almost in a twinkling to repentance and belief in my Lord and savior Jesus. All at His timing and for His good purpose.

My father a life long scientist and atheist, had rejected my faith in Christ, my message in my life change and testimony. Yet as he died one of his last words to me was ," It has taken a long time, but I think I finally understand you now".  I thought he  had meant me, but I now think maybe he was talking to me about my Jesus. As he lay in a hospital bed with a respirator down his throat  He was tapping. Tapping a rhythym. He had been a musician in his early years. I listened  and asked, are you tapping out When the Saints Come Marching In? He managed an affirmative nod. He had communicated to me. His final "words".

My mother who  questioned me about the validity of Jesus really of the apostles and the gospels, often left me in doubt about her understanding and conviction, yet she welcomed my own change and declared she had  been a churched person at one time. Her last question was on her death bed too. She asked "When will I ever get better?" And her question was answered- those words made up her last breath. She may have been better right then, I do not know; in neither case my father nor my mother.  

Yet, I have the comfort of the certainty that is my Lord Jesus. And so I do not worry about the consequences after my own testimony and sharing of the gospel. I accept that  some plant some tend the field and some reap the harvest. And that it is all of Jesus and He does not lose a one given Him By His Father.

Time alone allows for fading of sorrow even in this world. There is memory, but there is rejoicing too. The certainty that is  Jesus wipes away my tears even now. The privilege to me that  has been time with  my parents is not something I need forget. Instead it is time I must remember and give thanks for to God through Jesus.

Edited by Neighbor
changed out to our
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

7 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

Because there is only joy, love, peace and harmony in Heaven and no more pain, tears, suffering nor grief, then if I am the only Christian in my whole entire family of six...will I not be sad, sorrowful and even heart-broken in heaven for the loss of my family members who did not make it? Or will God remove them from my memory?  What happens - does anybody know?  

Thanks!

I know where you're coming from, as I'm in the same worrying situation. To my deep sorrow, it's now too late to share Christ with my loved ones whom have departed, their fates are eternally sealed and can't be changed. The Lord changed my life and I repented, I'm a totally different person than I was. I pray to the Lord that He will soften my loved ones hearts and they will come to the saving faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and what He did for us at Calvary and the "free gift by faith". By my life, love, walk in faith and testimony; I pray they would see that only the Lord could have made such dramatic and sudden changes in my life. I tend not to push them too hard for fear of driving them away. But like you, that heart wrenching disturbing thought keeps popping up in my brain and it hurts deeply. 

The Lord promises to wipe away all our tears and sorrows. Certainly the memory of our lost family and loved ones in heaven would prevent us from full joy and fellowship. We don't exactly know how the Lord is going to remove our tears and sorrows, only that He will do exactly that. The following is only an opinion based on my understanding of scripture, and is by no means the only way God may accomplish this. 

I suspect our memories will not be erased, blocked or suppressed in any fashion. I suspect we will retain our own 'inward real selves'; our memories to appreciate how and what the Lord did for us. I suspect we will retain our own personalities, gifts and physical appearances of our Raptured / resurrected bodies. I suspect we might even retain our earthly given names and also given a 'new name'. I believe at the Rapture / resurrection we will be caught up by name. 

We were not created robots and were given free will and choice to accept or reject Jesus Christ as our own personal Lord and Savior. Therefore; would it make any sense for the Lord to block out or wipe away any of our essence and how He created us? 

I think it's likely we will retain everything as the first Adam was created. It my thoughts that the plan of Salvation and the mysteries of God's plan and purposes will be fully explained and understood to the point of complete; harmony, gladness, worship, joy, understanding and peace. Again, my thoughts may be out of line, but we serve a loving, caring, wonderful and righteous Lord whom wants the best for His children. Whatever why He accomplishes this, we know He will do it, and will do it for His will, purpose and our own best interest. 

44 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

There is hope that is certain in Christ Jesus. Out Lord says ask  and it will be so, I will do it. He also says It is not done because you ask wrongly, here is how to ask.  So again  out of context there can be much conflict in understanding. Our Lord is not a trickster He means what He says. Evidently He will like us to read more fully what He has left for us along with the Holy Spirit to enable understanding and comforting.

Anecdotal: My grandmother often prayed for me and her reading of the Bible to me bore fruit only long after her death, more than two decades after. And it happened despite my not wanting God at all. I was an atheist, content in that as my  "faith". But God had a promise that He has made, and I found myself no match for a very real God. I was turned about  in short order almost in a twinkling to repentance and belief in my Lord and savior Jesus. All at His timing and for His good purpose.

My father a life long scientist and atheist, had rejected my faith in Christ, my message in my life change and testimony. Yet as he died one of his last words to me was ," It has taken a long time, but I think I finally understand you now".  I thought he  had meant me, but I now think maybe he was talking to me about my Jesus. As he lay in a hospital bed with a respirator down his throat  He was tapping. Tapping a rhythym. He had been a musician in his early years. I listened  and asked, are you tapping out When the Saints Come Marching In? He managed an affirmative nod. He had communicated to me. His final "words".

My mother who  questioned me about the validity of Jesus really of the apostles and the gospels, often left me in doubt about her understanding and conviction, yet she welcomed my own change and declared she had  been a churched person a one time. Her last question was on her death bed too. She asked "When will I ever get better?" And her question was answered- those words made up her last breath. She may have been better right then, I do not know; in neither case my father nor my mother.  

Yet, I have the comfort of the certainty that is my Lord Jesus. And so I do not worry about the consequences after my own testimony and sharing of the gospel. I accept that  some plant some tend the field and some reap the harvest. And that it is all of Jesus and He does not lose a one given Him By His Father.

Time alone allows for fading of sorrow even in this world. There is memory, but there is rejoicing too. The certainty that is  Jesus wipes away my tears even now. The privilege to me that  has been time with  my parents is not something I need forget. instead it is time I must remember and give thanks for to God through Jesus.

Amen Brother! Won't go into the details, but we have so much in common I believe I mentioned to you before.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

Thanks for these encouraging words!  A few years ago, my family broke up, half my family don't talk with the other half.  I tried my best to convince them that forgiveness and letting go of grudges would free them from the hurt and pain they were feeling and perhaps have this family reconcile, but no luck!  It was such a hard time to go through, as my parents had separated at that same time as well (they were almost 80 years of age when they separated).  But regardless of how it looked at the time, I believed God that something good was going to come out of all of this mess!  I still haven't given up, it's been two and a half years now and I still believe that with God, all things are possible!  I continue to fight the good fight of faith!

Thanks sis and God bless!

The below verse is but one verse that always gives me encouragement and hope in times of doubt, heartbreak and emotional hurt.

Romans 8:28 (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/17/1958

That's why I love the song, What a day that will be!

There'll be no sorrow there

No more burdens to bare

No more sickness, no more pain

No more parting over there

And forever I will be

With the one who died for me

What a day, glorious day, that will be!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

It seems like the contents of our grey matter perishes with the rest of the body. Only our naked spirit will remain, save the nonpunishable garments we acquired. 

1 hour ago, S.C.1 said:

That's why I love the song, What a day that will be!

There'll be no sorrow there

No more burdens to bare

No more sickness, no more pain

No more parting over there

And forever I will be

With the one who died for me

What a day, glorious day, that will be!

Yes amen, maranatha. And yet; even now even the deepest hurt gives rise to the greatest  joy, that certainty which is Christ Jesus our Lord God and savior.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1