• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, S.C.1 said:

This is some sort of dispensational reasoning, isn't it?

This is on the page of Scripture @S.C.1, so it is not necessary to cite any method of teaching to account for it. Read the letters written from prison (Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Tim & Titus) and compare them with those written prior to Paul's imprisonment at Rome, and you will see the difference.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/17/1958

Just now, Christine said:

This is on the page of Scripture @S.C.1, so it is not necessary to cite any method of teaching to account for it. Read the letters written from prison (Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Tim & Titus) and compare them with those written prior to Paul's imprisonment at Rome, and you will see the difference.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

My dear fellow neighbor, Grace through faith has always been grace through faith, and will continue as God allows to be grace through faith. It has always been through the Lamb that was slain and will continue to be through the Lamb that was slain. And the body of Christ, (the messiah) has always been the body of Christ (the messiah).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Christine .....you are right in all you said. Isiah 6 that you quoted is very appropriate. Israel is temporarily set aside so God can have mercy on all.

SC1...yes it is what is labeled as dispensational teaching...what it is, is rightly dividing, it is allowing scripture to formulate doctrine and understanding. Look at what I said about the church of God...where did that come from ?

For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 1 Corinthians 15:9 This was before his conversion

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,311
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Scriptural distinctions seem to be ignored here

John 3:29

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
KJV

Now if you think the friend of the bridegroom is equal to that of the bride you may remain correct BUT!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, S.C.1 said:

My dear fellow neighbor, Grace through faith has always been grace through faith, and will continue as God allows to be grace through faith. It has always been through the Lamb that was slain and will continue to be through the Lamb that was slain. And the body of Christ, (the messiah) has always been the body of Christ (the messiah).

This may just be me but I like reading these type of discussions and sometimes participate but the headbanging thing makes it hard for me to read your post and the one above or below. It's a visual head thing, I can't do video games either without causing a headache. There was someone a year or so ago who used the same sort of one and he really had good things to say but I rarely took the time because it just distracted and hurt behind my eyes.

Just saying, I get it, letting you know and I may be the only one but this time I had to say something.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Zemke said:

This may just be me but I like reading these type of discussions and sometimes participate but the headbanging thing makes it hard for me to read your post and the one above or below. It's a visual head thing, I can't do video games either without causing a headache. There was someone a year or so ago who used the same sort of one and he really had good things to say but I rarely took the time because it just distracted and hurt behind my eyes.

Just saying, I get it, letting you know and I may be the only one but this time I had to say something.

And with that, I'll be changing my avatar asap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Avatar changed. Sorry about that!

I do have a question that will determine if I continue in this type of discussion. Do you also believe that there will be another method of salvation after the calling out of the church?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,504
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, S.C.1 said:

Oh, now I get where you're coming from. But its my belief that grace through faith saved you before and after the cross. The Old Testament saints knew the Lamb was coming and in faith, believed in their redemption. Whereas the New Testament saints saw their redemption and believed their report. The O.T. saints were no less part of the body of Christ than the N.T. saints.

Exactly! Said another way; the patriarchs and believers of Old Testament times were saved by Grace through faith, believing in the Redeemer looking forward to what Christ would do on the Cross. We (after the Cross), look back at what the Lord Jesus did for us on the Cross and believe by faith. We are all in the same family of God. 

And in both dispensations, it's not blind faith, as the Lord has declared Himself greatly in both dispensations.  

James 2:23 (KJV) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Exactly! Said another way; the patriarchs and believers of Old Testament times were saved by Grace through faith, believing in the Redeemer looking forward to what Christ would do on the Cross. We (after the Cross), look back at what the Lord Jesus did for us on the Cross and believe by faith. We are all in the same family of God. 

And in both dispensations, it's not blind faith, as the Lord has declared Himself greatly in both dispensations.  

James 2:23 (KJV) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Thank you for that. But not believing in dispensational grace myself, you may not wonder why I was so boggled by the assertion of the OT saints were being excluded from the Body of Christ. For by grace are ye saved through faith, right? and Jesus said; no man cometh to the Father except by me. Right? Then where do we place Hebrews 11 in all this?