• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Kate,

All will be well, he is a great kid, with great parents.  Sure it won't be the same for him as some other kids, but he can still live a great live.  Think of Erin, my Sis-in-law, she has had cancer 3 times, is totally blind, has a prosthetic eye, leg, hip, and knee, and about to enter her 2nd year of Law School.  He is a strong kid, if he wants to do something, he will figure it out.  Just support him, we just will try hard not to treat him like "the broken one".  I think that is where parents of disabled children go wrong, they label their kid as broken, and that child feels like they are unable to be independant.  He is quite independant, you are doing a great job.

It will be hard to see what he has to go through, but you know as well as I , what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Much love sis!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Thanks! I love you too! Missed you around here! I will have to try hard not to baby him (that's my downfall, I think) Chris is good at countering that, though. Thanks for the reminder!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hi Katie. :b:

I'm so glad you are getting good info and support! And you said a few families from that group are near you. That's great! :noidea: Yes, it might be nice to meet some of them. I hope you can all get together and gather even more strength from each other.

Been praying for you all daily. :b:

In His love,

Homeward

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Hi Katie.  :wub:

I'm so glad you are getting good info and support!  And you said a few families from that group are near you.  That's great!  :noidea:  Yes, it might be nice to meet some of them.  I hope you can all get together and gather even more strength from each other.

Been praying for you all daily.  :wub:

In His love,

Homeward

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the prayers! I need them today. It's been an awful day. (and it's only 9:30am) Two nights ago, Nathan called to us from the kitchen. He said he could not see (the lights were off, night vision is the first to go) he needed help finding the light to turn on. It hit me hard at that moment. Like, How many times in his life will I hear those same words? "Help, I can't see". I about cried, but not in front of him!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Katie as a mother and grandmother I can imagine your pain and tears. You have my total love and support. I am praying for comort for you today. :wub:

In His love,

Homeward