IGNORED

How long was this planet here before life?

Faithbuilders

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

A question I have always wondered. When lucifer got cast out of heaven, he found this planet, in fact I believe that is the reason why is was in a mess before God set order to it. Now we know that setting order to the planet, and creating all we see today God did about 8000 years ago. What I have been wondering is... how long did the devil wander around here before God put order to it. And how long was the chaotic planet here before God created life on it 8000 years ago? Has anyone found anything in the bible that gives that info?

OK, Fair enough, I was always taught that when Lucifer fell, he can to earth before God created men. I guess the question I have, is there even any scripture to back that up? Because if not, then I choose to believe like Yowm, that earth was created in Gen 1:1 at creation.

That of course begs the question, where did Lucifer go after he fell?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This verse says

2 Cor 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

So anyone going before Gen 1:1 is immediately in disobedience to God here in 2Cor 10:5 - for it is in imagination not written Scripture!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Ah, the Gen 1:1 - 1:2 Gap Theory. 

Much to much to go into a detailed account, but I have read and studied it in great detail. Fortunately this isn't a Salvation issue and we can politely agree to disagree. I personally have changed my hermeneutical view of a young Earth to an old Earth for many scriptural reasons. I personally interpret Gen 1: as a refashioning / recreation of an already existing Earth for many reasons. 

My interpretations are not set in concrete, but my view makes the most logical sense to me in the grand scheme of scripture. If my view is the correct one, there's still no mention of when or how long ago the Lord spoke the world into existence. It's also my opinion if this Earth was indeed refashioned / recreated, it was done so roughly 6,000 years ago according to many scholars such as Usher. I interpret this Earth age according to scripture to last 7,000 years, and at the end of the millennium, the Earth will be renewed again and refashioned by fire and will be our eternal home.  

Many will claim this view didn't surface until the 19th century, and they are possibly correct? However, I take the following verse from Daniel for an example.

Daniel 12:4 (KJV) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

I believe "knowledge" not only applies to medical and technological, but to biblical knowledge and interpretation also. 

One of the best books I've read from a top notch scholar I'd recommend if you're interested is: "Earths Earliest Ages" by G.H. Pember.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Job 1:6¶ Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
Job 1:7 The LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it."

Although (IMHO) there will come a future day when he will be cast out of heaven onto the earth. (Great Tribulation)

I agree that satan is on the earth now; but my question was where was he between the time he was cast out of heaven with 1/3 of the angles, and when the earth was created.

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Ezekiel 28:13-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.

14 “You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

Ezek 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Thats discriptivly talking about the king Tyrus, and how because of his hidden sin, he fell from glory; that is not talking about Lucifer, or satan!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 11/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, Faithbuilders said:

And how long was the chaotic planet here before God created life on it 8000 years ago?

The consensus is usually around 6000.  How did you come up with 8000 ?.

Now with the discovery of the buried civilization in Gobekli Tepe in Turkey, the scientist are saying around 10,000 years. 

19 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

The consensus is usually around 6000.  How did you come up with 8000 ?.

Now with the discovery of the buried civilization in Gobekli Tepe in Turkey, the scientist are saying around 10,000 years. 

I did bible math back when I was in grade 6. Using the length of peoples lives, how old people were when there children where born, and so on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

May be millions of years.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

Cletus, this scripture addresses the deep water that you mentioned in your post. (This does not refer to the flood of Noah because the earth did not perish at that time.) 

2 Peter 3:5-10 King James Version (KJV)

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

All life on earth perished except for the obedient within the Ark... once people start on a pet project not found in Scripture there is no end to the perversion of Scripture that can be accomplished. Your basic start is that there is a before Genesis 1:1 -where in the Bible is this taught? Scripture please!