• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, Butero said:

The same thing would apply to women with an Ellen DeGeneres look, yet it is called legalism to say anything against it.  Everyone should know better, but we can't offend.  It is the result of feminism and the hatred society has for femininity.  

We got many who pick and choose or else excuse one evil while doing another .

Another example .      we still have some that will warn against gay marriage , yet will unlawfully remarry folks right into adultery .

WELL the same one who said ,   man cant lie with man and woman with woman , Said also,  but I tell you that if any puts away his spouse , other than for fornication

and does MARRY another commits adultery and even the one who marries her that was put away ,  does commit adultery.  GOD does not pick and choose sins

AND we must not either . 

• Group:  Mars Hill

To all who love the LORD in spirit and truth ,    we must make our stand ON the STONE , CHRIST,  the very chief stone of the entire foundation .

To stand on any mindset contrary to THE MIND of CHRIST is to simply stand on a foundation of sinking sand .  I tell us all that the one who does so is in dire grave danger .

We must have a full out exodus out of contrary systems and men who teach so ,  and walk in the true hope and follow CHRIST , faithful to the end .   

And I do mean Faithful to the end .   Let no man take thy crown .   And let he or she who is in error , be corrected and repent asap and be restored and follow CHRIST to the end . 

1 minute ago, SelahSong said:

Amen! . . . and all this political correctness can go to the devil. . .it's a shame the things that so-called Christians put up with and even commiserate with just to be part of the majority.  It's wrong, just wrong.

Spot on my loved sister .  Any true lamb of Christ , follows HIM and heeds HIM and obeys HIM .  It truly is a gift from GOD .

And those who are Christs ,  will flee the pc for its taste , its flavor is like rotted flesh .    They are not PC ,  they are JC and thus are BC.

AS in JESUS CHRISTS and BIBLICALLY CORRECT .     THEY LOVE TRUTH and TRUTH only magnifies HE WHO IS THE TRUTH .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Butero said:

Would you extend that same liberty to a man with long hair and wearing a dress to church?  Would he be accepted as a teacher or Deacon?  

The Sikh men in India still keep long hair that is hidden in a turban. During the Ching Dynasty from the 17th century until 1911, the Chinese men kept long hair. The Native Indian American men still keep long hair. According to your interpretation, it would have been unlikely for these Gentiles to be reached by Jesus Christ today and in past history, ie the rule that Gentile Christian men must keep short hair in the churches.

As for dress, certain Gentile cultures have their men wearing dress-like attire or skirts/kilts, eg the Scots, Mongolians, Arabs, etc.

IOW, any law of God that may prevent Gentiles from being reached by Christ and kept saved by faith is a burdensome law, eg circumcision, kosher food, short hair for men, only dresses for women, etc.

P S - Didn't Samson had long hair and lost all his Spiritual power when his long hair was cut.?

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

I applogize If I derailed the thread ......in that Spirit, allow me to say this to return to it. I agree speeding is a sin . It is also a sin to step on a worm, I suppose.I am not going to go somewhere and cover myself with sackcloth and ashes.If I believed my Salvation depended on my performance of sinning and not sinning and of having to repent all the time to make sure my repentance slate was perfectly clean I guess I would be ate up with all this too.To be saved and know it—-all you have to do is believe the Gospel—- how  great the Christian life is when you understand it.Many here , the modern- day Judaizers, think Christianity is some type of religion .The old saying is true—— religion says “ do” ,  Christianity says “done”.I hope an on- looking world, and especially Newbie Christians understand this going out the gate.Read the lyrics to “  Nothing But The Blood” and take them to heart.If you get confused by the legalizers, go back and read those lyrics again.

let me proclaim boldly that speeding is a sin....I invited no strangers into my home today to feed and clothe them today....how about you? Or like all Legalists, ( or Judaizer if you prefer )would you just as soon we don’t mention those “ sins of omission?”

5 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I applogize If I derailed the thread ......in that Spirit, allow me to say this to return to it. I agree speeding is a sin . It is also a sin to step on a worm, I suppose.I am not going to go somewhere and cover myself with sackcloth and ashes.If I believed my Salvation depended on my performance of sinning and not sinning and of having to repent all the time to make sure my repentance slate was perfectly clean I guess I would be ate up with all this too.To be saved and know it—-all you have to do is believe the Gospel—- how  great the Christian life is when you understand it.Many here , the modern- day Judaizers, think Christianity is some type of religion .The old saying is true—— religion says “ do” ,  Christianity says “done”.I hope an on- looking world, and especially Newbie Christians understand this going out the gate.Read the lyrics to “  Nothing But The Blood” and take them to heart.If you get confused by the legalizers, go back and read those lyrics again.

let me proclaim boldly that speeding is a sin....I invited no strangers into my home today to feed and clothe them today....how about you? Or like all Legalists, ( or Judaizer if you prefer )would you just as soon we don’t mention those “ sins of omission?”

Since I got no idea who this message was too .    let me just say this .  if any man , woman or child ,  sees me as what they deem legastic or judaizer ,   THEY got no idea

what spirit I am truly of .    I do wonder , though .   DO you think me legalistic or judaizer .     just out of curiosity .   I wont be offened no matter what you say .

BUT I KNOW some here do .    AND they so wrong it would be funny , only how can it be funny ,  when  I POINT ONLY TO JESUS .     Just be honest .

How do you see me in this .    Remember you may speak or type freely ,   I wont be offended . 

6 hours ago, Butero said:

Can anyone tell me what OSAS has to do with answering the question in the OP?  The question wasn't what happens to you if you sin, but whether or not speeding is a sin?  There is a great deal wrong with the post by Bloodboought1953, it is hard to know where to begin, it is so long it is hard to know how to dispute it in a post short enough where anyone will read it, and so off topic, I don't know why I should derail the thread further.  I will likely need an hour or so to do an adequate reply.  Just to give you a spoiler of how anyone can tear it apart, here are things to look for:

1.   The argument that since he posted scriptures he claims teach OSAS, scriptures that are in opposition to it must mean something else.  Just turn that around on him.

2.  He focused only on one passage in Hebrews 6, while ignoring the passage in Hebrews 10, that even George's Matthew Henry Commentary says is speaking of apostate Christians.  

3.  He mentions a single passage where Jesus says we must believe to be saved, yet ignores another where Jesus quotes keeping commandments to be saved.  Luke 18:18,19.

4.  He distorts the temptation of Job and is wrong about the prodigal remaining saved.  He became lost and dead and had to be saved a second time.  The parable of the seed shows Christians falling away.  

5.  The passage that says no man can pluck you out of God's hand never says you can't leave God's hand.  Bloodbought is the one adding to the scripture.  I am taking it at face value.  

That is just me scratching the surface.  These are just the obvious errors.  

Thanks for your timely response.....I just received bad news from the hospital and must leave......would you and others here please pray for my brother in law? Back later.......God bless all of you.

• Praying! 3

Brother in law doing  much better......Thanks to all of you great people for your prayers .....God bless all of you...

• Loved it! 1

17 minutes ago, Butero said:

I went ahead and mentioned him in our prayer request section.  Even though his condition has improved, I will still request prayer for him on Thursday night, unless he no longer needs it.  You never said what was wrong with him.  

I was in a hurry to get to the hospital,  No time to say much more.....he is a diabetic and has already lost a leg.has had heart surgery.....the list goes on and on.....today he was unresponsive , Blood pressure sky high, heart palpitations and lungs filling with fluid......when I left this evening he was a little responsive..... was able to whisper that he loved his wife and daughter.....he has a long way to go so please remember him come Thursday.......Thank you, Butero for your concern in this matter.....I know prayer works.....I have seen It many, many times .....God bless 

• Praying! 1

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Certainly.  Keep us updated.  We have a weekly prayer meeting at Narrow Way on Thursdays, and I will plan to add him to the prayer requests there as well.  

Yes , every one lets pray .    and let us keep praying for our loved sister ayin jayde too .   

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Praying! 1