• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,158
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am reminded of God's warning

Matt 7:2

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, George said:

Just remember some of the reformers thought it was a good thing to kill their opponents as well -- and did so!  So be careful of whom you want to emulate.  :)

Now that is an ad hominem. 

After reading warnings about statements of belief and 

"We believe that salvation is a gift received by faith alone, in Messiah alone, and is expressed in the individual’s recognition and repentance of sin, and the acceptance of the risen Messiah as Saviour, Lord and God."

And 

"We believe in the ongoing work of sanctification by the Holy Spirit after redemption for the purpose of producing life changing fruit — love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control."

Which appears to be taken from Gal. 5 21-22 I thought I was standing up for the ideas articulated in the Worthy Statement of faith and defending against works salvation which is opposed to same. Further I made no attack against the man but rather the view.

I am going to drop out of this conversation altogether as I was under the impression that "Inner Court" discussions were those who held to the statement of faith and "Outer Court" were with those who don't hold to that statement. Clearly my sharing scripture in context has been misrepresented. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

I love threads like this!????

1 Peter 5:6-7 New International Version (NIV)

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you. 1 Peter 5:6-7 The Message

1 Peter 5:6-7 King James Version (KJV)

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

I am reminded of God's warning

Matt 7:2

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
KJV

I apologize for offending. I have been trolled by works righteousness proponents across numerous topics this week and find my patience for a litany of gospel verses taken out of context to be zero. I will try and regain my composure and treat these comments with the respect they deserve. 

Further my comments were not aimed at anyone (Certainly not Walter and Deborah) since they made no such claim whatsoever. 

I was poisoning the well against "saved by grace, perfected by works" folks following up with the next verse:

15:6 If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers. Such branches are gathered up, thrown into the fire, and burned.

If I offended any "saved by grace, perfected by works" folks by representing your view as heretical please forgive me. 

Edited by Uber Genius
  • Thanks 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

3 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

I apologize for offending. I have been trolled by works righteousness proponents across numerous topics this week and find my patience for a litany of gospel verses taken out of context to be zero. I will try and regain my composure and treat these comments with the respect they deserve. 

Please report them!  Seriously -- report them, so we can deal with them.  :)  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, George said:

Please report them!  Seriously -- report them, so we can deal with them.  :)  

Report them for what, dumping pages of unrelated Biblical texts out of context, over and over? Hardly seems reportable. 

• Steward

1 hour ago, Uber Genius said:

Report them for what, dumping pages of unrelated Biblical texts out of context, over and over? Hardly seems reportable. 

Honestly, report it -- if it's nothing -- it'll be treated as nothing.  But if it is something we should respond to, we'll try to make every effort to at least refute what has been said if it's unbliblical.   The reality is -- most of the threads never get read by a moderator, so we don't know of an issue usually until it's past the point of recovery.  The point of reporting -- is oftentimes, allowing a moderator to see what's happening and if possible, we'll try to iron out issues behind the scenes.  I've found it best to recover someone in a one on one environment in private.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

well. I got confused about what this thread was about.  i thought we were posting positive, uplifting verses...

• Steward

2 minutes ago, Big Time said:

well. I got confused about what this thread was about.  i thought we were posting positive, uplifting verses...

Bible verses type threads --

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

A much-abused verse by the "Saved by grace, perfected by works," heretics.  Paul puts this verse in perspective regarding those who are in Christ and yet don't abide:

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 ESV

"Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one's work will become manifest, for the Day (Judgement Day) will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED, but only as through fire.

Saved by grace. In faith. Only! Evidenced by works. Jas 2:21  Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
OP......John 15 is one of my favorite chapters in scripture, and it is a tremendous help in it's example of grafted branches on a vine, and the vine tender purging/pruning these branches. A beautiful example, believers in Christ, the true vine, and the grafted in believers, and the Father, pruning/removing from the believers/branches, all the unnecessary growth,  that then there is less of us, and more fruit. Amen!. And the Father is much glorified with much fruit. The goal for all believers. To glorify the Father.
This chapter is about 'fruit bearing', not salvation. Those branches, 'IN CHRIST,' that beareth not fruit, the vine tender, God the father, taketh away. Just like any good gardener or vineyard tender, removing branches that use the nutrients and produce no fruit. A serious warning.
Abide = to stay in a given place, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand. Tabernacle-pitch a tent.
Those who do not produce fruit are "taken away", by the vine tender, the Father. These words 'taken away' are the same words used in the parable of the sower sowing seeds, where the birds had 'taken away' the seed. They are considered as (my understanding)a burden on the vine, receiving the benefits of life in the vine drawing the nutrients, yet bearing/producing no fruit. Unhealthy branches deserving removal.
Believers, taken away. But entering in, as by fire.  (My take)

Jas 2:20  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:26  For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Jn 15, 16  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Joh 15:8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Abide..........

• Thumbs Up 1