IGNORED

Am I wasting my time, I think everyone needs to study the bible more and be less concerned about work and money, you don't need to work full time to serve God, and you don't have to give a lot to charity or am I misunderstanding.

john1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, john1 said:

Joshua chapter 1 verse 8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

But most people read very little, and misunderstand the law, and what it was for, they use it to judge others, but not themselves, if they used it to judge themselves only, I wouldn't have posted this.

1 Cor.4: 2-4 Now it is required of stewards that they be found faithful. I care very little, however, if I am judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not vindicate me. It is the Lord who judges me.

That is for your assurance as well as for me.

Jms.3:1-2 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man.

Will either of us say that we are perfect?

Is it judgmental for me to quote this... "Beloved, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." 1Jn.4:7.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

7 hours ago, john1 said:

You still have to help people, besides the church.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

If you love those who love you what credit is that to you.

God created His Church to save unbelieving sinners from perishing in eternal hell.(JOHN.3:16) So, Christians' love to save unbelieving sinners or lost sheep is greater than their love for the Christian brethren or unlost sheep.(LUKE.15:4)

OTOH, there is a big difference between those inside the Church and those outside the Church when it comes to exhorting, judging, helping and loving. .......

1CORINTHIANS.5:9-13 (NKJV) Immorality Must Be Judged

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

1JOHN.3:10-15 The Imperative of Love

10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.

13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Galatians 6:10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

1 Timothy 5:8But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

5 hours ago, john1 said:
5 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

God told Joshua to meditate the word day and night so that he may observe what is written and thereby be successful

Joshua chapter 1 verse 8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

But most people read very little, and misunderstand the law, and what it was for, they use it to judge others, but not themselves, if they used it to judge themselves only, I wouldn't have posted this.

So, most people use the Law and Scripture of God to judge others and not themselves. Fyi, those who actually do that also misinterpret/twist or misquote the Scripture out of context(cf MATTHEW.4:1-11) and ignore or reject certain Scripture or laws/commandments not to their liking.

So far, I think you have misinterpreted MATTHEW.25:31-46 & 5:42 and you believe that unrepentant "Christian" gays and other willful sinners will still inherit the kingdom of God.

2TIMOTHY.3:16-17 (NKJV) = 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2PETER.3:14-18 Be Steadfast

14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.