• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,610
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, 

Had the fine privilege and personal pleasure of attending the Christmas program at the Cove, Ashville, North Carolina, featuring Fernando Ortega. 

My sweet Texas peach and I are Ortega groupies I guess. Of course it was scheduled for the Friday night of the predicted incoming winter storm of the century to hit SC. NC. GA. and VA.

We were staying at the Cove, and were told during the Friday evening worship concert by Fernando that we would all have to leave the mountain early Saturday. We must all get off the mountain by 10:00 AM. that by noon the mountain will be too dangerous to be on and all their staff must get off of it by then. State Parkways and national forest roads had already been closed in the area. Well whoopie. I had planned to drive across State to the TN. border on the backside of Hiawasee Lake stay there a few days and then drive through Georgia to South Carolina to Greenville and fly  home from there. Hmm, what to do? Can't seem to escape the path of the storm. So, I decided we go on with our plan and drive to the cabin we had secured for the visit (The cabin owners had texted us that if we get trapped at the cabin they will not charge us for an extended stay- kinda of funny, if not encouraging).

Everywhere we went the roads were clear, the storm hardly existent, and we had a grand time of retreat! Drove on clear clean roads through snowy white SC. and GA., having had no issues whatsoever from this  so called storm of the century. Kept seeing TV's weather channel people hyping it, but it just wasn't where we were whenever we were in the areas. We had a wonderful time, even went through the Biltmore estate at evening with all the Christmas decorations and music.

I do so love what I have come to know of North Carolina  residents. They tend to end every conversation with, may God bless.

Best  of all though was that  we got to share the stay at the Cove and the concert with my cousin and her husband, a nice reunion of sorts for me.

The adventure set the stage for a worshipful time all through this advent season. Thank you Lord.

I do hope and continue to pray that each of you have some memories building about this Christmas that will help lift you  during the coming year, as God allows, for each day's adventure.

Edited by Neighbor
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all, 

Had the fine privilege and personal pleasure of attending the Christmas program at the Cove, Ashville, North Carolina, featuring Fernando Ortega. 

My sweet Texas peach and I are Ortega groupies I guess. Of course it was scheduled for the Friday night of the predicted incoming winter storm of the century to hit SC. NC. GA. and VA.

We were staying at the Cove, and were told during the Friday evening worship concert by Fernando that we would all have to leave the mountain early Saturday. We must all get off the mountain by 10:00 AM. that by noon the mountain will be too dangerous to be on and all their staff must get off of it by then. State Parkways and national forest roads had already been closed in the area. Well whoopie. I had planned to drive across State to the TN. border on the backside of Hiawasee Lake stay there a few days and then drive through Georgia to South Carolina to Greenville and fly  home from there. Hmm, what to do? Can't seem to escape the path of the storm. So, I decided we go on with our plan and drive to the cabin we had secured for the visit (The cabin owners had texted us that if we get trapped at the cabin they will not charge us for an extended stay- kinda of funny, if not encouraging).

Everywhere we went the roads were clear, the storm hardly existent, and we had a grand time of retreat! Drove on clear clean roads through snowy white SC. and GA., having had no issues whatsoever from this  so called storm of the century. Kept seeing TV's weather channel people hyping it, but it just wasn't where we were whenever we were in the areas. We had a wonderful time, even went through the Biltmore estate at evening with all the Christmas decorations and music.

I do so love what I have come to know of North Carolina  residents. They tend to end every conversation with, may God bless.

Best  of all though was that  we got to share the stay at the Cove and the concert with my cousin and her husband, a nice reunion of sorts for me.

The adventure set the stage for a worshipful time all through this advent season. Thank you Lord.

I do hope and continue to pray that each of you have some memories building about this Christmas that will help lift you  during the coming year, as God allows, for each day's adventure.

thanks for sharing

nice to see you back after a period of absence.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,259
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/28/2018 at 10:21 PM, Neighbor said:

Hi all, 

Welcome home old timer. (Gary Lee here, listening to Fernando as I type-Give me Jesus) the dude is good...
Sounds like you and your Texas peach had a great, blessed and eventful time.
You need to get back and add some salt to the mix here. Be safe.....

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

@Neighbor 

On 12/28/2018 at 10:21 PM, Neighbor said:

Thanks. I enjoyed hearing you share yours.:) I had been wondering how that Fernando Ortego concert went. Like Equippers and Sower (Gary Lee), I have missed you. You have a special place at Worthy no one else can fill. Praising God for your return. 

• Thanks 1