• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

If you study the book of Ephesians, you'll realize that the Mystery of Gentiles and Jews growing together as ONE NEW MAN is a revelation to the ANGELS -- that's how important it is to understand.

Eph 3:4  When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, 
Eph 3:5  which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 
Eph 3:6  This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel. 
Eph 3:7  Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God's grace, which was given me by the working of his power. 
Eph 3:8  To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 
Eph 3:9  and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God, who created all things, 
Eph 3:10  so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, discipler777 said:

Messiah (derived from Hebrew) = Christos (in Greek) = Christ (in English)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_(title)

Messianic Jews = Christian Jews  = Jewish Christians = Jews who accept or believe in Jesus the Christ/Messiah.

So, the term Messianic Jews is not an oxymoron. Similarly for Christian Gentiles, to whom Apostle Paul often referred to as Gentiles in his letters, eg GAL.2:11-14.

It is important to differentiate Jewish Christians from Gentile Christians who may not be circumcised, eating kosher/clean foods, keeping the proper hair-length or Sabbath-day, etc like the Messianic Jews or Jewish Christians and who may also remain as Gentile Christian smokers, alcoholics or drug-addicts(= not having been healed by God/Jesus).

P S - YHWH (derived from Hebrew) = Theos (in Greek) = God (in English) = Allah (in Arabic)

I have one serious objection to your PS. YHWH= Theos ( in Greek), to all Greeks THEOS was not YHWH. 

GOD ( in English) = ALLAH, to all Muslim this is not YHWH. In both cases very misleading. 

I stopped supporting the Bible Society for this very reason. To use Allah or Isa is totally wrong. Their character is not the same. To Abraham God was “I AM”. To the Muslim who is a new Christian to maintain the use of Allah for God is wrong and confusing. To them as to the Greek Theos it should be “I Am” for that is Who He is.

• Steward

2 hours ago, PepperS said:

So then you look at jews as a race? 

Of course they are ethnicity a race.  :)  

• Steward

2 hours ago, PepperS said:

What is a cultural jew?

What I mean is that most Messianic Jews do not celebrate Christmas, or Easter, but rather celebrate Passover, Sukkot, and Chanukah.  So they observe, what they grew up with ... which is culturally Jewish.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

16 minutes ago, PepperS said:

What about converts?

What about my son who according to Reform Judaism is a Jew, but according to orthadox Judaism, is not?

So you have an issue whereby he wants to convert to the "religion" of Judaism ... and so culturally he's Jewish, whereas ethnically he's a Gentile.  All of which presents the real dilemma ... what is your identity?  There is a serious identity crisis within society ... whereas solid believers find their identity in their Messiah.  :)  

• Steward

17 minutes ago, PepperS said:

Why do they not observe both?

Honestly, there are some that do ... others that don't.  However, most observe the Biblical feasts ... since when you truly study them, and observe them -- they are all pointing to Yeshua (Jesus) and the Kingdom!  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

27 minutes ago, PepperS said:

What about converts?

What about my son who according to Reform Judaism is a Jew, but according to orthadox Judaism, is not?

I thought this is what you said ... that your son converted.  Sorry I misread this.

• Steward

2 minutes ago, PepperS said:

He was raised as a Christian. I was using him as an example to show that being a Jew is different things to different sects of Judaism. ie. an Orthadox jew would consider him a non-jew while a reform jew would consider him Jewish.

So he's still a Christian ... but his blood line is Jewish?  Is that what you are trying to say?

• Steward

3 minutes ago, PepperS said:

I was also pointing out that some people are Jews by conversion, not birth, which would indicate that being Jewish has more than just a racial component.

True ... its a mishmash of things that make someone Jewish depending on whom you're speaking.

• Steward

Just now, PepperS said:

Yes, I found this interesting so I looked it up on a Jewish website. I agreed with 90% of what was said. So many of our Christmas Holiday traditions have origins in paganism. Another reason given was that some did not want to give their Jewish friends and family the impression that they had converted to Christianity. At first, I was insulted by that. But I am still thinking it over,

Honestly, when the Lord returns ... He's coming back as a JEW -- and the Bible speaks of a restoration of Passover, Sukkot, and even the Sabbath.  So to think we'll be celebrating Christmas or Easter ... probably won't be happening when He returns to rule for 1000 years -- if so, there are not any Biblical references to indicate that it will.  However, you find the feasts returning in full bloom throughout the Scriptures.