IGNORED

What Argument Do You Use for God's Existence?

ksolomon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

22 hours ago, FluffyBunny. said:

you can not assert that atheists believe in God.

Atheists have different beliefs. The Bible tells us that they are without excuse. 

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." (Romans 1:20) 

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Birthday:  12/24/2004

42 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

Atheists have different beliefs. The Bible tells us that they are without excuse. 

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." (Romans 1:20) 

Just because the Bible tells you X, does not mean that you are rationally justified to believe X.

I think that you use a circular argument. You think that atheists believe in God because its written in the Bible and your reason to believe that Atheists believe in God, is because it´s written in the Bible.

I do not think, that circular arguments are a good method to discover the truth.

I am an atheist and I can guarantee you that I see no evidence for the existence of any God. My claim goes against your worldview. Now you either have to accept my claim and reevaluate your worldview, or you would have to call me a liar.

Edited by FluffyBunny.
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

More and more my prayerful purpose is to live out my faith in a way that demonstrates the reality of Christ. Faith comes by understanding the Gospel, and no one can come to Christ unless drawn by the Father.

I can understand the hard logic behind the belief that we can use scientific knowledge to remove intellectual 'road blocks'. Many say they have been led to faith in such a way.

A few years ago I read this definition: “Apologetics is the branch of Christian theology that seeks to address the intellectual obstacles which keep people from taking faith seriously.” That makes intellectual sense. But when we take the time look and listen carefully, every Christian argument will have a secular counter-argument. There's no getting beyond the impasse.

And can scriptures like 1st Peter 3:15 really be used to justify Apologetics as defined above? I’m not so sure. Honouring Christ (same verse) and showing the “good behaviour” of verse 16 get to the heart of the matter. So, inadequate though it may at first sound, maybe our very best defence to anyone who asks us for a reason for our hope, is Christ in us.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, Spock said:

Is it even possible, apart from a huge bang on the head from God, to convince a hardcore atheist that God exists period?  I doubt it. 

You can not convince me that their concept of God exists. This is why the infidels have a depraved mind. You have to get their thinking straightened out so they have a right understanding of God. 

On 10/29/2020 at 4:42 AM, Speks said:

Christian argument will have a secular counter-argument.

There is no counter argument, there is only truth or deception. The Bible talks about the depraved mind of the infidels. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I don't argue about God's existance. It is fruitless. I can witness about my relationship with God and tell the person about God, but until the heart of the unbeliever is opened up, he/she will not believe. If I insist on arguing, the unbeliever is more apt to harden his heart.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I have not read all of the replies, so if someone already beat me to it, I apologize. My defense is that we are here...

Cell membranes are primarily composed of phospholipid molecules. Phospholipid molecules are NOT found naturally 'free-range' in the world, they are constructed by two specific cellular organelles: the Endoplasmic Reticulum and the Golgi Apparatus. Phospholipids are begun in one, then packaged and transported to the other to be finished. 

Once they are completed, they are packaged again and transported to wherever they are needed in the cell membrane. Here's the kicker...the ER and GA are also composed of the very phospholipids that they build (another chicken and egg scenario to the unbeliever). 

Despite the lies that evolutionists tell people, none of these things happened by happy chance, they were designed and put together just as God caused them to be. There is no naturalistic explanation that can overstep these facts. Even DNA is not a good reason to give because without the cell, DNA is useless, and is denaturated shortly after leaving the inside of the nucleus of a cell, particularly if it somehow makes it out of the cell into the environment outside the cell membrane.

Blessings.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 5/10/2019 at 11:18 AM, Leyla said:

How do you explain that countries, that are mostly atheistic are doing so much better? Why is the rape/crime rate in mostly atheistic countries like japan or sweden so much lower than in more religious countries like the USA, or Nigeria?

Japan has had an incredible amount of Western influence over the past 70 years, since they helped start and eventually lost World War II and were then rebuilt with much help from the U.S.A. and other countries.  Japanese culture is highly homogeneous, so there are fewer differences in opinion and behavior (as well as in race and culture), and thus less conflict.  It is also very conformist, so people are quite hesitant to act abnormal, at least outwardly.  Also, I'm not sure that I would call Japan exactly atheist -- there is a lot of spiritualism and superstition.

According to Wikipedia, 67% of Swedes identify as Christian.  While they might not be incredibly active, they do at least identify, and the country has a very religious history.  It's also similar to Japan in being much more homogeneous than the U.S.A.

The U.S.A. is a very heterogeneous country with many races, cultures, philosophies, religions, and so on.  I think that this naturally tends to breed conflict -- both nonviolent and violent.  Much of the crime occurs in certain areas and is not general to the country as a whole.  the U.S.A. also tends to value individualism and personal expression (and lack of restraint) very highly.

I'm not sure that Nigeria is a good example, because many countries in Africa are rife with conflict and have been for centuries.  There are still attempted genocides, open slavery, and other major problems on that continent.

Why is the biggest private charity organisation, the Bill and Melinda foundation, launched by atheists?

They are among the richest people on earth, and it is fashionable to be charitable nowadays; it's one of the best ways to win social favour.  In my opinion, being wealthy is a sign that you're not paying your workers well enough or not giving other people enough credit for your success, but that's a different topic.

Why does faith decline, the more educated a society is?

Much of this is also that societies are simply becoming more tolerant, so more people are willing to openly state beliefs that aren't in line with what most people believe.

• 4 months later...

On 1/12/2019 at 5:30 PM, ksolomon said:

Do digital programs write themselves? 

Scientists have created nanostructures that can self-assemble, meaning they can form into bigger objects with little or no outside direction.

There is overwhelming evidence that the Bible is accurate and true. Even if there are translation and interpretation issues. There is no evidence that the Bible is not true.