other one

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I know this is a tad bit long, but it is sooooo important I hope you will cut it some slack

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

I agree.  The implications of this kind  of corruption are serious and (I believe) the consequences for it are imminent.  Sobering stuff if you have any background in God's hatred for injustice.

I wish I could recall the book and author, but years ago I read a study  on just when God's judgement  has historically fallen on rebellious  nations.  He outlined a progression of things in sequence that preceded judgement (and though I can't repeat the arguments and scriptural support any longer ) and if I recall the  second to the last  offense was when the courts cease to  dispense justice and become tools of oppression.  The final offense was when nations begin to legislate immorality.  Our corrupted court system has been "legislating from the bench" for decades in grievous violation of our  Constitution which assigns sole power to legislate to  the Congress. 

The recent abominable legislation to allow abortion of babies at full term is an unequivocal "legislative" act by a legislature with the authority to pass  laws.  I suspect we're very close to the day the Lord will say  "enough" and begin to judge.

Sobering stuff.  IMO every day that passes now that  we don't see the overt hand of the Judge is a day of grace.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just trust that we stand against these things to the point that God does not include everyone in his judgement...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

I am quite sure God is well able to protect  and care for His own.  But, thinking of Jeremiah, when God judged Israel his life definitely was affected by the turmoil of war, and eventual captivity.  I don't see how  we can escape being affected when every aspect of the society  we live in is subject to upheaval.  But none  of that will prevent God from caring for and protecting His own.  In fact, I expect those to be kept quite busy harvesting...  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, other one said:

I just trust that we stand against these things to the point that God does not include everyone in his judgement...

Born again believers will be judged for their faithful works. Sins will not be judged at the Judgement Seat of Christ for believers since that was paid by Christ at the cross.

Unbelievers will be judged on everything at the Great White Throne judgement. 

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Born again believers will be judged for their faithful works. Sins will not be judged at the Judgement Seat of Christ for believers since that was paid by Christ at the cross.

Unbelievers will be judged on everything at the Great White Throne judgement. 

I am not worried about the White Throne Judgement,   I'm concerned about what God will do to this country if things don't change.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, other one said:

I am not worried about the White Throne Judgement,   I'm concerned about what God will do to this country if things don't change.

You should be worried. Read the book of Revelation. It is going to happen and maybe not to far in the future. 

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

You should be worried. Read the book of Revelation. It is going to happen and maybe not to far in the future. 

I trust I'll be fine during that...   unless Jesus told us things that are wrong, I'm covered..