• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

16 hours ago, SelahSong said:

I did a study on Genesis 4:26, and what I found out was this: The word "began" is a mistranslation.  It should read "profane....

That's a tremendously  important study and I only recently (last couple of years) found out  about it.  I *think* i got introduced to it by one of Michael Heiser's videos but I can't recall  for sure.  But realizing that passage is something more like "men began to  use the Lord's name in vain" certainly changes understanding of it.

That may have been the very reason God made that prohibition part of the  ten commandments.  Speculation of course....but however it was manifesting it was offensive to God, not an expression  of submission and devotion to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

3 minutes ago, noblenut said:

angels do not marry so when it say sons of God and daughters refers to those who come from adam and eve.

ok, I understand what you're trying to say, but I'll have to respectfully agree to disagree.  The unholy union between divine beings who came down on Mt. Hermon and had relations with human women were in rebellion and wouldn't care one whit  if their actions were covered by the sanctification of marriage or not.  And those unions resulted in giant offspring. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

again a spirits cant have offspring nor can they have physical unions with people, and the giants were men, the false heroes of that time, and u obviously believing and reading something that is unscriptural, i am not sure where u get mt hermon from, what makes more sense that men married women and had children by them or that of supernatural entities intermarrying with people, 

Edited by noblenut

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think Angel can procreate,   they were just created. 

never read about a woman angel 

I thought the evil angels lost the bodies and became evil spirits.

Actually I only know of one who seem to still have his body, Satan himself.

Edited by Bible_Gazer

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, noblenut said:

oh and Jesus clearly states that angels do not marry

The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them: the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.  Gen 6:4

Scripture doesn't say they came with the intention of marrying them, ...what is inferred is the daughters of men were raped, or, because of the corrupt morals of the time, they willing gave themselves to them, just like the morals of society today, ...remember Jesus said, "Like in the times of Noah,"