nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

two questions for u, it say in isaiah that the will grow up to except the good and reject the evil, now if Jesus was always all knowing and without sin how can that be about him and the next is like it, if Jesus spoke publicly how come it say he will not cry out in the street.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

6 hours ago, noblenut said:

two questions for u, it say in isaiah that the will grow up to except the good and reject the evil, now if Jesus was always all knowing and without sin how can that be about him and the next is like it, if Jesus spoke publicly how come it say he will not cry out in the street.

Could you post the ch and verse please.

Just now, Who me said:

Could you post the ch and verse please.

use a concordance

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

17 minutes ago, noblenut said:

use a concordance

That is nether polite or helpfull.

Just now, Who me said:

That is nether polite or helpfull.

google it then your on the net

Just now, noblenut said:

google it then your on the net

its from isiah if the helps

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Im with who me, if you want an honest discussion try posting the exact reference. Otherwise dont be surprised when no one cares what you have to say.

I dont say that to be rude, but that is what your being when you bring up a vague scripture, tell anyone who asks you to be more specific to just "google" it. When you do that at that point no one cares to discuss it with you, and whatever question you were trying to ask will go unanswered or whatever point you were trying to convey will be lost. Which is why it is better to be specific in your message as well as post the specific scripture you are referencing so that people can look it up directly and easily.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,588
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

22 hours ago, noblenut said:

two questions for u, it says in isaiah that he will grow up to accept the good and reject the evil; now, if Jesus was always all-knowing and without sin how can that be about him? and the next is like it, if Jesus spoke publicly, how come it says he will not cry out in the street?

Shabbat shalom, noblenut.

First, let's identify the verses:

Isaiah 7:10-16 (KJV)

10 Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying, 

11 "Ask thee a sign of the LORD (YHWH) thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above." 

12 But Ahaz said,

"I will not ask, neither will I tempt (test) the LORD (YHWH)." 

13 And he said,

"Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord (Adonay) himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. 16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings."

Rabbis today tell the Jewish people not to read this passage without help. They say that it cannot be about the Messiah to come because (1) the word virgin just means a "young woman"; (2) "Immanuel" was the name of a child in Yesha`yahuw's (Isaiah's) day, and (3) that it was about the Land shortly after the Babylonian Captivity.

HOWEVER, it is revealed to those who are called "Christians" that Yeshua` (Jesus) WAS born of a virgin, the lady Miryam (Mary):

Luke 1:26-38 (KJV)

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said,

"Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

34 Then said Mary unto the angel,

"How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?"

35 And the angel answered and said unto her,

"The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing shall be impossible."

38 And Mary said,

"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word."

And the angel departed from her.

Matthew 1:18-25 (KJV)

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying,

"Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 

23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel," (Isa. 7:14) which being interpreted is, God with us. 

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

It is said in theology (Christology) that "Yeshua` (Jesus) was 100% God and 100% man" (see "the hypostatic union"). And, the HUMAN Yeshua` (Jesus) was NOT "all-knowing":

Luke 2:40 (KJV)

40 And the child (Jesus) grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Luke 2:52 (KJV)

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

His wisdom GREW! And, we read:

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

which includes in the Greek version, "oude ho Huios" which translates to "nor the Son."

and, to verify this, we also read:

Mark 13:32 (KJV)

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

So, there were some things HIDDEN from the Son of God, being 100% man!

The second question is easier to answer:

Matthew 12:15-21 (KJV)

15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; 16 And charged them that they should not make him known: 17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

which quotes Isaiah 42:1-9:

Isaiah 42:1-9 (KJV)

1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2 He shall not cry (lo' yits`aq [tsaa`aq]), nor lift up (vlo' yissa' [naasaa']), nor cause his voice to be heard in the street (yaashmiya` bachuwts qowlow).
3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

While Yeshua` Himself HERALDED the Kingdom of God to come (since they put His herald Yochanan [John the Baptist] in prison) and He TAUGHT His disciples much, He wasn't TRYING TO GET THE ATTENTION OF THE POPULACE! His preferred method was one-on-one contact, in spite of the crowds, the "great multitudes!"

Hope this will help you.

• This is Worthy 1

3 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, noblenut.

First, let's identify the verses:

Isaiah 7:10-16 (KJV)

10 Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying, 

11 "Ask thee a sign of the LORD (YHWH) thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above." 

12 But Ahaz said,

"I will not ask, neither will I tempt (test) the LORD (YHWH)." 

13 And he said,

"Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord (Adonay) himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. 16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings."

Rabbis today tell the Jewish people not to read this passage without help. They say that it cannot be about the Messiah to come because (1) the word virgin just means a "young woman"; (2) "Immanuel" was the name of a child in Yesha`yahuw's (Isaiah's) day, and (3) that it was about the Land shortly after the Babylonian Captivity.

HOWEVER, it is revealed to those who are called "Christians" that Yeshua` (Jesus) WAS born of a virgin, the lady Miryam (Mary):

Luke 1:26-38 (KJV)

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said,

"Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

34 Then said Mary unto the angel,

"How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?"

35 And the angel answered and said unto her,

"The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 
36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing shall be impossible."

38 And Mary said,

"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word."

And the angel departed from her.

Matthew 1:18-25 (KJV)

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying,

"Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 

23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel," (Isa. 7:14) which being interpreted is, God with us. 

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

It is said in theology (Christology) that "Yeshua` (Jesus) was 100% God and 100% man" (see "the hypostatic union"). And, the HUMAN Yeshua` (Jesus) was NOT "all-knowing":

Luke 2:40 (KJV)

40 And the child (Jesus) grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Luke 2:52 (KJV)

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

His wisdom GREW! And, we read:

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

which includes in the Greek version, "oude ho Huios" which translates to "nor the Son."

and, to verify this, we also read:

Mark 13:32 (KJV)

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

So, there were some things HIDDEN from the Son of God, being 100% man!

The second question is easier to answer:

Matthew 12:15-21 (KJV)

15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; 16 And charged them that they should not make him known: 17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

which quotes Isaiah 42:1-9:

Isaiah 42:1-9 (KJV)

1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2 He shall not cry (lo' yits`aq [tsaa`aq]), nor lift up (vlo' yissa' [naasaa']), nor cause his voice to be heard in the street (yaashmiya` bachuwts qowlow).
3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

While Yeshua` Himself HERALDED the Kingdom of God to come (since they put His herald Yochanan [John the Baptist] in prison) and He TAUGHT His disciples much, He wasn't TRYING TO GET THE ATTENTION OF THE POPULACE! His preferred method was one-on-one contact, in spite of the crowds, the "great multitudes!"

Hope this will help you.

u didnt answer my question, Jesus spoke in public, say why does it say his voice will not be heard in the street?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,588
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

3 hours ago, noblenut said:

u didnt answer my question, Jesus spoke in public, say why does it say his voice will not be heard in the street?

Shalom, noblenut.

Because the prophecy is talking about Him YELLING, SCREAMING, or SHOUTING in the street; Yeshua` didn't do that! His was a more one-on-one approach, dealing with each person's need for healing, and when He taught to crowds, He used natural amphitheaters to make Himself heard, like the bowl of the beach, teaching from a boat just off shore on Lake Kinneret (the Sea of Galilee).

You have to look up the meaning of the words used in Isaiah 42:2: "tsaa`aq" means "to shout"; "naasaa'" means "to raise (one's voice)"; and "yaashmiya`" means "to bark" like a vendor in a street market! That wasn't His style!

I'll just add this: When the Scriptures say that Yeshua` "preached," it doesn't mean that he was a "screaming preacher" like we have today. It means that he "heralded" like a town cryer announced proclamations: "Hear ye, hear ye,...."

Edited by Retrobyter
to add a thought.