Edited by Xethea

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

we won't have any feelings nor thoughts nor desire nor temptations about sin.  

Even in this lifetime, we can pursue what the Bible says :  Forgetting what lies behind, pressing forward to what's ahead for us,  in Christ Jesus.

And "think on things pure and holy and healing and gentle ......."  etc  

(don't dwell on sin nor anything impure -  only those with pure hearts will see God)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,941
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

54 minutes ago, Xethea said:

It's a pretty basic question.

I believe we won't have issues when we are with the Lord. Yet, I'm curious how you think we will view our sin.

In this life, should we not feel bad for what we've done and the sinful things we'll still do? I think we should.  Though I know I'm forgiven, I still feel bad sometimes knowing I've done wrong against the Lord. Though it's over and in the past that is no more, the memory still bothers me, which can bring a sense of sadness and tears to my eyes. But I ended up giving the Lord praise. So, if there is no more sadness and tears of sorrow in heaven, how are we going to view thinking about and remembering how and why Jesus saved us while we were sinners? 

I have my assumptions. But I can't say I cannot say I remember any biblical answer for it.

Hi Xethea. Sin is eradicated among those who are saved and secure in heaven . If it weren't they would not have access to heaven. From the initial wedding feast of the Lamb it's blessing upon blessing all the way.

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Rev 22:11-15

(11)  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(12)  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
(13)  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
(14)  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(15)  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loves and makes a lie.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/20/2019 at 1:59 AM, simplejeff said:

we won't have any feelings nor thoughts nor desire nor temptations about sin.  

Even in this lifetime, we can pursue what the Bible says :  Forgetting what lies behind, pressing forward to what's ahead for us,  in Christ Jesus.

And "think on things pure and holy and healing and gentle ......."  etc  

(don't dwell on sin nor anything impure -  only those with pure hearts will see God)

Edited by Xethea

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/20/2019 at 2:04 AM, Michael37 said:

Hi Xethea. Sin is eradicated among those who are saved and secure in heaven . If it weren't they would not have access to heaven. From the initial wedding feast of the Lamb it's blessing upon blessing all the way.

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Rev 22:11-15

(11)  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(12)  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
(13)  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
(14)  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(15)  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loves and makes a lie.

Edited by Xethea

13 minutes ago, Xethea said:

Okay. Well, God is perfect, and I know God says he has "forgotten" our sin, but I am sure that doesn't mean God erased it completely from his memory bank or did something to himself to deceive himself that we never ever sinned. I believe God knows and remembers all things, because he is the all knowing God, I believe that includes knowing past present and future for eternity. Which means, i think he just doesn't hold a grudge, remembering it to bring it up again and hold it against us for doing wrong. OR does God really not know everything because he literally can't remember? As if i went to heaven later and asked him, "was i ever evil?" God says "No. You were never evil or a sinner. I know everything, so you know you can trust me when i say that." Something like that would just not make biblical sense. I understand sin and evil temptations to do evil things will not be. But simply remembering something isn't a sin. So i don't see why God would need to get rid of it, unless he is forcing us to forget so that we won't be disturbed about anything.

You're missing the point of Christ's sacrificial death as the Passover Lamb. God's judgment passes over those who covered and cleansed by the blood of Christ. 

Mic 7:18-19
(18)  Who is a God like unto you, that pardons iniquity, and passes by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retains not his anger for ever, because he delights in mercy.
(19)  He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

34 minutes ago, Xethea said:

Then if we forget that sin even existed, how could we understand and praise the Lord for what he's done? If we thank him most because he died to cleanse us from our sins and save us, but we forget about the fact we were even sinners- then we would also have to forget he died for us because that would remind us of our sin in the past, therefor we wouldn't have praise and glory to give to God because we wouldn't even be able to think about it.

That doesn't sound right to me... Sure, we may not dwell on it and consume us, but i cannot grasp how you can be happy knowing you were evil. Even if i wasn't now, it isn't a happy thought knowing anyone ever suffered in the past, especially Jesus. So are we really just going to forget all negative things and really forget, as if we never knew sin existed and feel like we have always been in Heaven?

Actually, even better !  

Read through Scripture,  Old Testament and New Testament,  to know what God says about this and all things.  

His Word is Trustworthy and True. 

32 minutes ago, Xethea said:

But simply remembering something isn't a sin. So i don't see why God would need to get rid of it, unless he is forcing us to forget so that we won't be disturbed about anything.

Actually,  what Yahweh Says in His Word, the Bible,  is even BETTER !    Yes, it takes time, whether 3 months or a year, to read through.

But it is LIFE to our bones, and JOY EVERLASTING to our spirits .....  well,   see IN HIS WORD - read it all knowing and trusting it is God's Word, and is True,  and God is Faithful Always.

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Actually,  what Yahweh Says in His Word, the Bible,  is even BETTER !    Yes, it takes time, whether 3 months or a year, to read through.

But it is LIFE to our bones, and JOY EVERLASTING to our spirits .....  well,   see IN HIS WORD - read it all knowing and trusting it is God's Word, and is True,  and God is Faithful Always.

That's right. God's got all eventualities covered. There is now NO condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus...the curse of sin is no more!

53 minutes ago, Xethea said:

That doesn't sound right to me... Sure, we may not dwell on it and consume us, but i cannot grasp how you can be happy knowing you were evil. Even if i wasn't now, it isn't a happy thought knowing anyone ever suffered in the past, especially Jesus. So are we really just going to forget all negative things and really forget, as if we never knew sin existed and feel like we have always been in Heaven?

Rev 22:1-4
(1)  And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
(2)  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
(3)  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
(4)  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Xethea said:

I believe we won't have issues when we are with the Lord. Yet, I'm curious how you think we will view our sin.

Shalom Xethea,

It's an interesting question. Let me put my opinion this way:

Suppose a sin of yours was broadcast across every news station, in every newspaper, across facebook and twitter, and referred to by politicians and comedians alike. How would you feel about that sin at that stage? If it were me, I would probably feel confused and upset over my own actions. I would find the sin embarrassing, inexplicable, shameful, disgusting, weak, evil and dark.

I should imagine that's the same disdain we will view all sin with, once we are out of the sinful body. Even now, within this sinful body, I find myself disgusted with sin increasingly each day. So, how much more so when we a raised in glory at the resurrection?

Love & Shalom