Jump to content
DonkeySpeaksAgain

God will bless a new temple

Recommended Posts

Shalom, once again, DonkeySpeaksAgain.

The word "soul" is another word that has undergone much transformation down through the millennia, but if one intends to use it correctly, one must go back to the original languages, particularly the Hebrew. I've said this before, but it is READILY seen in the creation of Adam.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Here's the Hebrew (transliterated):

Breeshiyt 2:7 (JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh, transliterated)

7 Vayyitser YHWH Elohiym et haa'aadaam `aafaar min haa'adaamaah, vayyipah b'apaayow nishmat chayyim; vayhiy haa'aadaam l-nefesh chayyaah.

So, the MAN is made "of-[the]-dust from the-ground," NOT "the BODY of the man!" That's an IMPORTANT distinction! And, it is consistent with the meaning of the word, "nefesh":

5315 nefesh (neh'-fesh). From naafash; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. Animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental)
-- any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire, X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.

5314 naafash (naw-fash'). A primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air)
-- (be) refresh selves (-ed).

So, the Hebrew word translated "soul" means "an air-breathing creature."

In 1 Corinthians 15:45, Paul partially quotes Genesis 2:7:

1 Corinthians 15:42-45 (KJV)

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Here's the Greek of verse 45:

Pros Korinthious A 15:45 (UBS Greek New Testament)

45 Houtoos kai gegraptai Egeneto ho prootos anthroopos Adam eis psucheen zoosan; ho eschatos Adam eis pneuma zoopoioun.

Therefore, we know that Paul (or at least a subsequent translator) equated the Greek word "psucheen" with the Hebrew word "nefesh." And, this also fits with its definition:

5590 psuchee (psoo-khay'). From psuchoo; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from pneuma, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from zooee, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew nepheshruwach and chay)
-- heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

5594 psuchoo (psoo'-kho). A primary verb; to breathe (voluntarily but gently, thus differing on the one hand from pneoo, which denotes properly a forcible respiration; and on the other from the base of aeer, which refers properly to an inanimate breeze), i.e. (by implication, of reduction of temperature by evaporation) to chill (figuratively)
-- wax cold.

4154 pneoo (pneh'-o). A primary word; to breathe hard, i.e. Breeze
-- blow. Compare psuchoo.

109 aeer (ah-ayr'). From aeemi (to breathe unconsciously, i.e. Respire; by analogy, to blow); "air" (as naturally circumambient)
-- air. Compare psuchoo.

So, we're talking about a "soul" being an "air-breather," in both languages.

Through the influence of Greek philosophical thought, we've come to regard the "soul" as an "immortal soul" - the essence of a person that lives beyond the body, either in "heaven" or in "hell," eternally. But, that is wrong, according to both languages and the Bible. How can someone live eternally as an "air-breather" without the body? This is why the resurrection is so important!

First, we ARE our bodies, just as Adam was HIS body! We don't "have" a body!

Second, to be a "soul," we must be made alive again to breathe air! THEN, we become "souls" again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, once again, DonkeySpeaksAgain.

The word "soul" is another word that has undergone much transformation down through the millennia, but if one intends to use it correctly, one must go back to the original languages, particularly the Hebrew. I've said this before, but it is READILY seen in the creation of Adam.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Here's the Hebrew (transliterated):

Breeshiyt 2:7 (JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh, transliterated)

7 Vayyitser YHWH Elohiym et haa'aadaam `aafaar min haa'adaamaah, vayyipah b'apaayow nishmat chayyim; vayhiy haa'aadaam l-nefesh chayyaah.

So, the MAN is made "of-[the]-dust from the-ground," NOT "the BODY of the man!" That's an IMPORTANT distinction! And, it is consistent with the meaning of the word, "nefesh":

5315 nefesh (neh'-fesh). From naafash; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. Animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental)
-- any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire, X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.

5314 naafash (naw-fash'). A primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air)
-- (be) refresh selves (-ed).

So, the Hebrew word translated "soul" means "an air-breathing creature."

In 1 Corinthians 15:45, Paul partially quotes Genesis 2:7:

1 Corinthians 15:42-45 (KJV)

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Here's the Greek of verse 45:

Pros Korinthious A 15:45 (UBS Greek New Testament)

45 Houtoos kai gegraptai Egeneto ho prootos anthroopos Adam eis psucheen zoosan; ho eschatos Adam eis pneuma zoopoioun.

Therefore, we know that Paul (or at least a subsequent translator) equated the Greek word "psucheen" with the Hebrew word "nefesh." And, this also fits with its definition:

5590 psuchee (psoo-khay'). From psuchoo; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from pneuma, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from zooee, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew nepheshruwach and chay)
-- heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

5594 psuchoo (psoo'-kho). A primary verb; to breathe (voluntarily but gently, thus differing on the one hand from pneoo, which denotes properly a forcible respiration; and on the other from the base of aeer, which refers properly to an inanimate breeze), i.e. (by implication, of reduction of temperature by evaporation) to chill (figuratively)
-- wax cold.

4154 pneoo (pneh'-o). A primary word; to breathe hard, i.e. Breeze
-- blow. Compare psuchoo.

109 aeer (ah-ayr'). From aeemi (to breathe unconsciously, i.e. Respire; by analogy, to blow); "air" (as naturally circumambient)
-- air. Compare psuchoo.

So, we're talking about a "soul" being an "air-breather," in both languages.

Through the influence of Greek philosophical thought, we've come to regard the "soul" as an "immortal soul" - the essence of a person that lives beyond the body, either in "heaven" or in "hell," eternally. But, that is wrong, according to both languages and the Bible. How can someone live eternally as an "air-breather" without the body? This is why the resurrection is so important!

First, we ARE our bodies, just as Adam was HIS body! We don't "have" a body!

Second, to be a "soul," we must be made alive again to breathe air! THEN, we become "souls" again!

And this is why Scripture says, "beware of Him who can kill the body AND the soul". 

Which also brings up the idea that there is no "eternity" in hell as is often assumed, but rather eternal "death".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

And this is why Scripture says, "beware of Him who can kill the body AND the soul". 

Which also brings up the idea that there is no "eternity" in hell as is often assumed, but rather eternal "death".

Shalom, DonkeySpeaksAgain.

"Eternity in hell?" First of all, "hell" is the wrong word. The FINAL state of the wicked is the "Lake of Fire and Sulfur [Brimstone]" (or the "Lake of Burning Sulfur"), but, ...
second, the REAL question is this: Do the wicked deserve "eternal PUNISHMENT!?" What exactly do the Scriptures say?

Revelation 20:7-15 (KJV)

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death (Greek: thanatos = "dying") and hell (Greek: hadees = the "unseen"; the "grave") delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Verses 14 and 15 are the Second Death, but it is preceded by the Second General Resurrection, marked by the underlined text above.

Well, we know that Yeshua` told us that HE would be the One to perform this Resurrection as well as the First General Resurrection when He comes back (His Second Advent):

John 5:21-29 (KJV)

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he (the Father) given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life (the First General Resurrection); and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation (or "the resurrection of condemnation, i.e., just before the final GWTJ," the Second General Resurrection).

God said in His prophecy to Yesha`yahu ("Isaiah," who wrote it down),

Isaiah 66:22-24 (KJV)

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me
, saith the LORD.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

And, the "man," who was described as "a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: his body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude," told the prophecy to Daniel in chapters 10 through 12, said,

Daniel 12:2 (KJV)

2 "And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."

Paul said,

1 Corinthians 15:20-24 (KJV)

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

So, based on a compilation of all these views of the future punishment, can you see annihilation? I can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2019 at 6:51 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, once again, DonkeySpeaksAgain.

The word "soul" is another word that has undergone much transformation down through the millennia, but if one intends to use it correctly, one must go back to the original languages, particularly the Hebrew. I've said this before, but it is READILY seen in the creation of Adam.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Here's the Hebrew (transliterated):

Breeshiyt 2:7 (JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh, transliterated)

7 Vayyitser YHWH Elohiym et haa'aadaam `aafaar min haa'adaamaah, vayyipah b'apaayow nishmat chayyim; vayhiy haa'aadaam l-nefesh chayyaah.

So, the MAN is made "of-[the]-dust from the-ground," NOT "the BODY of the man!" That's an IMPORTANT distinction! And, it is consistent with the meaning of the word, "nefesh":

5315 nefesh (neh'-fesh). From naafash; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. Animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental)
-- any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead(-ly), desire, X (dis-)contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-)self, them (your)-selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.

5314 naafash (naw-fash'). A primitive root; to breathe; passively, to be breathed upon, i.e. (figuratively) refreshed (as if by a current of air)
-- (be) refresh selves (-ed).

So, the Hebrew word translated "soul" means "an air-breathing creature."

In 1 Corinthians 15:45, Paul partially quotes Genesis 2:7:

1 Corinthians 15:42-45 (KJV)

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Here's the Greek of verse 45:

Pros Korinthious A 15:45 (UBS Greek New Testament)

45 Houtoos kai gegraptai Egeneto ho prootos anthroopos Adam eis psucheen zoosan; ho eschatos Adam eis pneuma zoopoioun.

Therefore, we know that Paul (or at least a subsequent translator) equated the Greek word "psucheen" with the Hebrew word "nefesh." And, this also fits with its definition:

5590 psuchee (psoo-khay'). From psuchoo; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from pneuma, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from zooee, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew nepheshruwach and chay)
-- heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

5594 psuchoo (psoo'-kho). A primary verb; to breathe (voluntarily but gently, thus differing on the one hand from pneoo, which denotes properly a forcible respiration; and on the other from the base of aeer, which refers properly to an inanimate breeze), i.e. (by implication, of reduction of temperature by evaporation) to chill (figuratively)
-- wax cold.

4154 pneoo (pneh'-o). A primary word; to breathe hard, i.e. Breeze
-- blow. Compare psuchoo.

109 aeer (ah-ayr'). From aeemi (to breathe unconsciously, i.e. Respire; by analogy, to blow); "air" (as naturally circumambient)
-- air. Compare psuchoo.

So, we're talking about a "soul" being an "air-breather," in both languages.

Through the influence of Greek philosophical thought, we've come to regard the "soul" as an "immortal soul" - the essence of a person that lives beyond the body, either in "heaven" or in "hell," eternally. But, that is wrong, according to both languages and the Bible. How can someone live eternally as an "air-breather" without the body? This is why the resurrection is so important!

First, we ARE our bodies, just as Adam was HIS body! We don't "have" a body!

Second, to be a "soul," we must be made alive again to breathe air! THEN, we become "souls" again!

 

יְהֹוָה ( Jehovah ) -The concordance says the root comes from hayah, then the note says to compare with hava, which is supposed to mean properly,:to breathe; to be (in the sense of existence)

 

Edited by ἔκλειψις

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ἔκλειψις said:

 

יְהֹוָה ( Jehovah ) -The concordance says the root comes from hayah, then the note says to compare with hava, which is supposed to mean properly,:to breathe; to be (in the sense of existence)

 

Shalom, ekleipsis. (I've always transliterated because I've never been able to use real Greek letters in a font that's worked for all to read. Same for Hebrew.)

Thank you for the additional information. I think it's important to cover all the angles (when possible), because it gives the reader that much more understanding of the original words. Most think the Tetragrammaton was pronounced "Yahweh" (although they will technically mispronounce THAT as "Yahway"), but we're not given a proper vowel pointing for the original Name. Instead, we were always given the vowel pointing for the word "Adonay" within the Tetragrammaton as a reminder of the tradition to SAY "Adonay" instead of attempting to say the Name, especially "in vain," and thus avoid inadvertently breaking the Third Commandment. Yet, even the simple shepherd boy David said the Name ALL THE TIME! So, this Jewish tradition is unfortunate.

I personally believe that His Name should really be pronounced as it is at the end of names that include the Name, such as "Matittyahuw" ("Matthew") and "Eliyahuw" ("Elijah") and "Adoniyahuw" ("Adonijah") and "Yesha`yahuw" ("Isaiah"). That would give the pronunciation more of the "Yahuwh" or "Yahuwah" sound.

I also really feel bad that, for all the book learning that Christian scholars go through, we are SADLY lacking in Hebrew GRAMMAR! Even the simple things, like the conjugation of a verb or the interpretation of vowel pronunciations to give person, gender, and number in the prefixes and suffixes are MISSING! Consequently, there are HUGE gaps in the knowledge of the intricacies of Hebrew names and phrases! Names were OFTEN taken from Hebrew phrases, for every name MEANS SOMETHING!

EVERY WORD, noun or VERB or MODIFIER, in Hebrew has gender! They are ALL either masculine or feminine (or are left masculine to include both)! Unlike the Greek, the Hebrew language doesn't have a "neuter" gender. Something, too, that is connected to this is that most verbs in the masculine are talking about concrete actions. Feminine verbs usually are talking about abstract concepts. That's an important little tidbit that can steer someone in the right understanding of a particular verb! Also, nouns, verbs, and modifiers all must AGREE in gender and number! This ties the actor to the action, often clarifying who's doing what. In particularly unclear "action-actor-direct object" sentences, the word "et" (spelled alef-tav) will be added prior to the direct object, effectively pointing to the direct object. It doesn't translate into anything in the English language.

I said all that to make two points:

First, the Tetragrammaton ends in a "Hei," the fifth letter of the Hebrew alefbet ("alphabet"). This is often the ending that makes a word FEMININE (not necessarily the owner, but the word). Therefore, it may indeed be referring to the abstract concept of "giving breath" to things!

Second, the Hebrew language is not so unstructured to say that "Yeshua`" ("Jeshua" or "Jesus") is the same as "Yehowshua`" ("Joshua" or "Jehoshua"). MANY well-meaning Christians (even Messianic Jews) make the mistake of thinking that "Yeshua`" means "YHWH shall save," but it DOES NOT! "Yehowshua`" does!

"Yeshua`" has the "yod-" prefix which is the SECOND PERSON, MASCULINE, SINGULAR identifier! It means "HE-shall-save."

Matthew 1:18-21 (KJV)

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying,

"Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS (Greek: Ieesous = transliteration of Hebrew: Yeeshuwa` = "He shall save"): for he shall save his people from their sins."

Yeshua` is NOT a "shortened form of Yehowshua`," as so many inaccurately claim! They are TWO DIFFERENT NAMES, meaning TWO DIFFERENT THINGS! And, the meaning of this name that Yeshua` received was NOT missed by those Aramaic- and Hebrew-speaking people He came to save!

Psalm 37:39-40 (KJV)

39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked (Hebrew: meershaa`iym, masculine, plural of raashaa`, an adjective meaning "evil" or "wicked"), and save them, because they trust in him.

It's not "wicked [PEOPLE]"; it's "wicked [DEEDS]!" SINS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:15 AM, Retrobyter said:

Actually, that's not quite right. See, you "jumped the gun" on stating that "NONE of them afterward were 'accepted' (blessed) by God - they were an abomination." IS that indeed true? Well, if we use Ezekiel as written, then, NO, it is NOT true! That was NOT the "abomination that made them desolate." The "abominations" that made them "desolate" were those things written against the "scribes and Pharisees" in Matthew 23 prior to the pronouncement of "desolation" that Yeshua` made against them in verse 38! The animal sacrifices that the priests made between Yeshua`s death and the destruction of the Temple were not "abominations"; they were just not effective! They were USELESS slaughterings as far as "acceptable sacrifices," other than the meat provided for the Levites and priests. (It's not just "+" and "-" [dichotomistic thinking]; there's also NEUTRAL, "0," which is neither "+" nor "-"! Also, there are DEGREES of "+" and DEGREES of "-"!)

And, like sin in a person that causes "death," people are DYING BY DEGREES from the moment of birth (and even earlier, the moment of conception)! THAT'S why the sinner is LITERALLY "dead!" From the cellular level, as long as the human body has more cells being produced than are dying, the person will live and grow. However, somewhere during the middle of a person's lifetime, the cells being produced begin to number less than the cells that are dying and decaying, and death begins to take over. When the cells that are dying and decaying begin to cause dysfunction of the organs of the body, the person may cease to be self-healing and die as a functional body. Hair may continue to grow, fingernails and toenails may continue to grow, but the body cannot maintain itself and it decays, usually in the ground.

In the case of animal sacrifices, these attempts at making sacrifices, which were at one time acceptable to God, became "no longer acceptable." HOWEVER, that DOES NOT make them "evil!" They just became NEUTRAL, neither doing any good nor doing any bad! The only thing "bad" was that the priests and the Jews they led were WASTING THEIR TIME and not MAKING YESHUA`S SACRIFICE THEIR OWN FOR THEIR OWN SINS! That's it. That's all.

You are saying that sacrifices made AFTER the cross are NOT an abomination to God? So, what then is the "abomination of desolation"? 

It sounds like you are saying the AOD of Daniel 9:27 is the "useless, meaningless sacrifices being put an end to by the A/C"? I don't see how putting and end to them would be an "abomination" worthy of destruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, Montana Marv said:
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, JustPassingThru said:

Don't you think this wisdom would apply to a new temple built by them too?

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the law, saying, If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.  Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean.  Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the LORD; and so is every work of their hands; and that which they offer there is unclean. Hag 2:11-14

Lord bless

Yes, all that they do will be considered unclean.  Yet, what about us, unclean until the day of our salvation.  Now we are considered clean.  The Temple can be/is considered unclean now, but once the Glory of the Lord enters that Temple, it will no longer be unclean, but cleansed and clean. just as we were.  Where the Glory of the Lord is, it is Clean.

Thanks, good question

In Christ

Montana Marv

Malachi 2:1 

And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

...

11 

Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the Lord which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

12 The Lord will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the Lord of hosts.

13 And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the Lord with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...