• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 Thessalonians 2:1-7

The Man of Lawlessness

2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, angels4u said:

And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 

I've heard teachings that claim it's the Holy Spirit that is holding him back and when the Church is Raptured the Holy Spirit will have left the planet, my question has always been, ...then how will the Tribulation saints be convicted of their sin?  John 16:8

Personally I believe it's our prayers for the lost that is what is hindering him, there is a fixed number of Gentiles that will be saved and when the last one, foreknown before the foundation of the world, is saved the Rapture of the church will take place and even if those that we are praying for are left behind we will still continue to pray for them when we are with our Lord.

Lord bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

3 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I've heard teachings that claim it's the Holy Spirit that is holding him back and when the Church is Raptured the Holy Spirit will have left the planet, my question has always been, ...then how will the Tribulation saints be convicted of their sin?  John 16:8

Personally I believe it's our prayers for the lost that is what is hindering him, there is a fixed number of Gentiles that will be saved and when the last one, foreknown before the foundation of the world, is saved the Rapture of the church will take place and even if those that we are praying for are left behind we will still continue to pray for them when we are with our Lord.

Lord bless

..then how will the Tribulation saints be convicted of their sin?  John 16:8

A Multitude from the Great Tribulation

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”

14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”

So He said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to [c]living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

9 hours ago, angels4u said:

A Multitude from the Great Tribulation

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your logic in the verses you you have quoted and their connection to what I said I believe that our prayers are what is holding back the lawless one.

Lord bless

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your logic in the verses you you have quoted and their connection to what I said I believe that our prayers are what is holding back the lawless one.

Lord bless

Sorry, I thought you were wondering if people will get saved during the tribulation.

I do believe that our prayers will absolutely make a difference, God is very patient and still answering prayers, evil will go out of control after we’re gone ( evil is here already, Jesus come soon!

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

9 hours ago, SelahSong said:

Greetings, JustPassingThru… I believe that it’s MICHAEL who is holding Satan back until he (Satan) gets kicked out at the 6th trump.  The scriptures speak of no rapture for the Saints because standing against Satan is when WE SHINE. :)  HALLELUYAH!  Jesus comes back at the 7th Trump and not before. 

I don't really want to debate,

...but I would love to read the Scriptures that verify Michael is the one holding back Satan,

and the Rapture is at the seventh trumpet.

...can we discuss this as adults?

Just now, angels4u said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

No worries, may the Lord richly bless you!

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, JustPassingThru said:

No worries, may the Lord richly bless you!

May God bless you too Passingthru :)

• Praise God! 1

9 hours ago, SelahSong said:

Greetings, JustPassingThru… I believe that it’s MICHAEL who is holding Satan back until he (Satan) gets kicked out at the 6th trump.  The scriptures speak of no rapture for the Saints because standing against Satan is when WE SHINE. :)  HALLELUYAH!  Jesus comes back at the 7th Trump and not before. 

-Selah:emot-heartbeat:

Can you find scripture for what you posted ?

Where does it say we shine when we stand up against Satan? Scripture please.

The rapture is our blessed hope, the tribulation is really meant for Israel ,God will save Israel , they have to go through all of this before they accept Jesus as their Savior, on the end of the tribulation and so all Israel shall be saved.

We do have the blessed hope, the hope of the rapture God will save the Christians from the terrible things which are too come.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I don't really want to debate,

...but I would love to read the Scriptures that verify Michael is the one holding back Satan,

and the Rapture is at the seventh trumpet.

...can we discuss this as adults?

For "seekers" (researchers/ prayers)  ,  a difficult one to find is this - that "nothing will be removed" (i.e. a mistranslation) -

and hasatan is being 'birthed',  more and more until fully 'birthed' on earth.....   

Whether ABBA, or Yeshua, or an angel holds hasatan back in various times doesn't change this perspective either - hasatan finally is fully 'released',  and it is a very dangerous time on earth. (not that any time is 'safe' , nor 'comfortable', overall).

I do not know for sure if the study is available any more on the internet.   It seems though possible that one or more words a long time ago were mistranslated,  on purpose,  by a certain world group intent on gaining more power, hundreds and hundreds of years ago,  and rarely was disclosed.  (i.e. discussing this at all might not be possible here, today)  Thus for 'seekers' ,  if possible, Yahweh Willing.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1