• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,939
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

12 minutes ago, PaulnotSaul said:

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:   Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
Matthew 13:45‭-‬46

Jesus giving everything up to purchase his precious children Pearls priceless.

Thank you for laying your life down and taking it back up for your children thank you Abba Jesus and thank you Jesus praying to the Farther for the Holy Spirit so we are not left orphans...

Good topic. We too must sacrifice selfish desires and rid ourselves of worldliness to attain to the kingdom of heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

6 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Good topic. We too must sacrifice selfish desires and rid ourselves of worldliness to attain to the kingdom of heaven.

We become part of God's kingdom when we surrender to Jesus as our Lord and our God, as did doubting Thomas.  In doing so we also surrender every part of our lives to Him and all "our" possessions (of which we are only stewards or managers).   He gave us all of Himself and we can do nothing less than give God all of ourselves to rule over.    

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, PaulnotSaul said:

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:   Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
Matthew 13:45‭-‬46

Jesus giving everything up to purchase his precious children Pearls priceless.

Thank you for laying your life down and taking it back up for your children thank you Abba Jesus and thank you Jesus praying to the Farther for the Holy Spirit so we are not left orphans...

Eternal life, the love of God through Christ. The "great price" was paid by Christ for our redemption. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant

2 hours ago, Willa said:

We become part of God's kingdom when we surrender to Jesus as our Lord and our God, as did doubting Thomas.  In doing so we also surrender every part of our lives to Him and all "our" possessions (of which we are only stewards or managers).   He gave us all of Himself and we can do nothing less than give God all of ourselves to rule over.    

From Wkpd: Parable Of The Pearl.

The valuable pearl is the "deal of a lifetime" [4] for the merchant in the story. However, those who do not believe in the kingdom of heaven enough to stake their whole future on it are unworthy of the kingdom.[5]

This interpretation of the parable is the inspiration for a number of hymns, including the anonymous Swedish hymn Den Kostliga Pärlan (O That Pearl of Great Price!), which begins:

O that Pearl of great price! have you found it?
Is the Savior supreme in your love?
O consider it well, ere you answer,
As you hope for a welcome above.
Have you given up all for this Treasure?
Have you counted past gains as but loss?

Has your trust in yourself and your merits
Come to naught before Christ and His cross?[6]

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Amen Rom 12:1 living sacrifice come to the alter lay down your life and live

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 4/14/2019 at 3:19 AM, Michael37 said:

Greetings Michael37,    Would you be so kind as to teach me something? I saw you quoted a member here at Worthy but you also quoted from an outside website. (Btw, your quotes didn't quote when I clicked quote on your post) I'd like to know how to quote from an outside source. I also need to learn how to make more than 1 quote from members who responded in a thread? All I know how to do is click quote.

• Group:  Servant

18 hours ago, JTC said:

Greetings Michael37,    Would you be so kind as to teach me something? I saw you quoted a member here at Worthy but you also quoted from an outside website. (Btw, your quotes didn't quote when I clicked quote on your post) I'd like to know how to quote from an outside source. I also need to learn how to make more than 1 quote from members who responded in a thread? All I know how to do is click quote.

Hi JTC, 

Firstly, material from outside websites that you scroll over with a right click will copy and then when you return to this site will paste when you right click and select paste. These pastes do not have a live link unless you return to their site and copy their URL in the search window at the top and paste it in your post as described. The link function on this site in your toolbar can be used to modify how the link appears if you copy it and paste it in when this function pop-up window is open. 

Because of copyright laws I always indicate outside quotes and their source, although I do not always include live links as anyone can just do a search themselves if it's that important to them. 

Secondly, on this site when you scroll over material, a little linkbox pops up, so you select that and it will appear as a quote with time and author in the comment you are compiling. You can go up again to previous posts and do the same thing and it will appear in your comment. Becareful not to copy actual quotes in previous posts as they will show the wrong author.

You don't have to use the quote selection linkbox if you want to scroll over and copy then paste so as to exclude author and time stamp.

image.png.cce02442e9dfba94e72ca284dc99f091.png

I just used a snipping tool to copy and paste the image above. You can search the web for info about this little helper.