• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

It’s a question of the will. 

Either you have a will towards righteousness or a will towards unrighteousness. This is a moment by moment willing. We as those that were born from Adam can’t choose directly to do good, for our wills are fallen also, and will eventually choose evil. But this is where the absolute greatness of our salvation in Christ shows up. We, with are fallen wills, can choose to deny our own wills and trust another ( Christ) to do all in us and for us that needs to be done if we are to walk in newness of life, all it takes is a will or desire to it. This life of continual trusting in God’s love for us is the life of faith we have been called to. This moment by moment looking away from our wants, needs, desires to the one that proved His love for us by pouring out His life on the cross that we might be sharers of that life. This is a moment by moment growing into this new creation. It matters not your particular situation or station in life it all means nothing. The only thing that means anything is if you are acting out of yourself or Christ. In big and small circumstances, in all circumstances are you doing righteousness, if not, you are acting out from self and self is not Christ for Christ always acts according to righteousness. This is the perfection we have been called to. A growing into this perfection, as scripture says “here a little there a little”. God works at His own speed, in His own ways,  but He has promised to perfect that which concerns us, if just our wills would continually be turned towards Him moment by moment each and every second of the day. Even when we are deep in concentration we are turned toward self or Christ, (righteousness or unrighteousness,) the choice always stands before us. 

For Christ really did die for us that we might walk in newness of life. Let us take Him up on His offer and walk in newness of life that we might bless His heart so that He might be able to bless all we put are hands to. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

Amen I agree :)

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Betha said:

so how do we go about putting it into REALITY ?

Yes! a direct and pointed question. 

How do we make this a living reality in our life’s?

Scripture gives a direct and pointed and exacting answer;

We are told to;

“reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God”

This is the way scripture puts forth as the one and only way to be freed from the dictates of the old man and his deeds.

Our salvation in Christ is for the purpose of us walking in newness of life. This is why Christ died, to give us a new life which starts at the moment of salvation, or the new birth. It is coming to understand what this salvation we have in Christ consists of. 

When Christ died on the cross He took us to death with Him, by being joined in His death, His death becomes ours. Seeing how we are now dead to sin (sin and the fallen nature remains very much alive but we are dead to it) by having faith or trusting in this truth is how one walks in newness of life. It is for all Christians at all times, can always be accessed by the faith of the heart turned towards  it. 

This truth is the foundation of our salvation in Christ. It is to the degree this truth is apprehended or made real in ones life will they be able to walk in newness of life.

This truth is a growing into. For there always is a greater death ahead of us which by virtue of that death there is always a greater freedom and joy waiting for us to experience. Let us run toward this joy and freedom with our whole hearts that we might get an abundant welcome. 

Blessings, 

15 minutes ago, shortangel said:

Amen I agree :)

Thanks, me too’s or three’s. :)

blessings

much love in Christ, Not me  

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

How do we go about putting into reality?  

We can't!!!

Only the Holy Spirit living inside of us can make it a reality for us. 

Being a disciple of/for Jesus is not enough, ...it wasn't for them and it's not for us, ...they spent 3 1/2 years with God, ...BUT they still needed to be born again, ...just like we need to be born again!

Very good post Not Me, ...I've heard so many preaching about man has a free will, ...only Adam and Eve had a free will and they blew it!  The New Testament teaches ALL of their descendents are under bondage to sin, ...when the moment comes in the life of someone, when the Divine Fiat resounds, ...Let There Be Light! and the Holy Spirit shines His Light into our darked spirit/soul to reveal to us our sin and the need of THE  Savior, Jesus Christ, THE ONLY NAME under Heaven whereby man must be saved,  ...at that moment the blindness in our minds caused by the enemy is removed and the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ floods in, ...at that moment our free will is restored, ...to choose Salvation, or reject it. 

If we reject it, blindness returns to our spirit/soul, ...but if we accept, our spirit is regenerated, born anew, and we have a free will just like Adam's, ...however, the second wisest decision we can make is to renounce our free will and ask the Holy Spirit to make our will the will of our heavenly Father Matt 6:10, to invite Him to take His rightful place on the Throne of our hearts, ...give to Him the authority and right to guide and direct our lives, to ask Him daily to fill us afresh because we are leaky vessels, to judge our thoughts, actions and motives by  Gal 5:19-21 and when He reveals the flesh in us to confess and ask Him to create in us a new heart, .......that's reality, ...we are being transformed into the image of our Lord Jesus Christ through His Word by the Holy Spirit.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

3 hours ago, Not me said:

It’s a question of the will. 

Either you have a will towards righteousness or a will towards unrighteousness. This is a moment by moment willing. We as those that were born from Adam can’t choose directly to do good, for our wills are fallen also, and will eventually choose evil. But this is where the absolute greatness of our salvation in Christ shows up. We, with are fallen wills, can choose to deny our own wills and trust another ( Christ) to do all in us and for us that needs to be done if we are to walk in newness of life, all it takes is a will or desire to it. This life of continual trusting in God’s love for us is the life of faith we have been called to. This moment by moment looking away from our wants, needs, desires to the one that proved His love for us by pouring out His life on the cross that we might be sharers of that life. This is a moment by moment growing into this new creation. It matters not your particular situation or station in life it all means nothing. The only thing that means anything is if you are acting out of yourself or Christ. In big and small circumstances, in all circumstances are you doing righteousness, if not, you are acting out from self and self is not Christ for Christ always acts according to righteousness. This is the perfection we have been called to. A growing into this perfection, as scripture says “here a little there a little”. God works at His own speed, in His own ways,  but He has promised to perfect that which concerns us, if just our wills would continually be turned towards Him moment by moment each and every second of the day. Even when we are deep in concentration we are turned toward self or Christ, (righteousness or unrighteousness,) the choice always stands before us. 

For Christ really did die for us that we might walk in newness of life. Let us take Him up on His offer and walk in newness of life that we might bless His heart so that He might be able to bless all we put are hands to. 

I so thanked the Lord for this sincere post. What blessing, encouragement and Life.

I believe that He even gives us the desire to turn our will to His, in singleness of heart. Every second we will find that our thoughts and our will are turned or need to turn until He completely possesses us.

I believe that as we choose to deny our will with a great desire for His, and by faith steadfastly trusting and turning to Him, with indifference to what we want, or desire, or what happens to us, after a while, the exercise becomes 'natural'. In part due to the power of desire, concentration, and discipline, and because we have such a gracious Lord. 

When I look into Your Holiness

When I gaze into Your Loveliness

When all things that surround me

Become shadows in the Light of You

When I find the joy of reaching Your Heart

When my will becomes enthroned in Your Love

Become shadows in the Light of You...

I worship You. The reason I live is to worship You.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Life is full of choices. Everyone of us have to make a choice where we want to spend our eternity. Some people do not care and that is their choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, In Him said:

I so thanked the Lord for this sincere post. What blessing, encouragement and Life.

I believe that He even gives us the desire to turn our will to His, in singleness of heart. Every second we will find that our thoughts and our will are turned or need to turn until He completely possesses us.

I believe that as we choose to deny our will with a great desire for His, and by faith steadfastly trusting and turning to Him, with indifference to what we want, or desire, or what happens to us, after a while, the exercise becomes 'natural'. In part due to the power of desire, concentration, and discipline, and because we have such a gracious Lord. 

When I look into Your Holiness

When I gaze into Your Loveliness

Become shadows in the Light of You

When I find the joy of reaching Your Heart

When my will becomes enthroned in Your Love

Become shadows in the Light of You...

I worship You. The reason I live is to worship You.

Such words spoken from a hearts desire to be all Christ’s. The growth, the humility, the understanding it takes to articulate such a desire. That all are hearts would cry out with such a humility and desire.

Blessings to the one who has blessed us with allowing us to taste their personal relationship with Christ to such a degree.

42 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Life is full of choices. Everyone of us have to make a choice where we want to spend our eternity. Some people do not care and that is their choice.

So sad, but true it is. There are some that have no love for the truth. But thank the Lord our hearts have responded to His call.

Blessings,

Edited by Not me

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

How do we go about putting into reality?  

We can't!!!

Only the Holy Spirit living inside of us can make it a reality for us. 

Being a disciple of/for Jesus is not enough, ...it wasn't for them and it's not for us, ...they spent 3 1/2 years with God, ...BUT they still needed to be born again, ...just like we need to be born again!

Very good post Not Me, ...I've heard so many preaching about man has a free will, ...only Adam and Eve had a free will and they blew it!  The New Testament teaches ALL of their descendents are under bondage to sin, ...when the moment comes in the life of someone, when the Divine Fiat resounds, ...Let There Be Light! and the Holy Spirit shines His Light into our darked spirit/soul to reveal to us our sin and the need of THE  Savior, Jesus Christ, THE ONLY NAME under Heaven whereby man must be saved,  ...at that moment the blindness in our minds caused by the enemy is removed and the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ floods in, ...at that moment our free will is restored, ...to choose Salvation, or reject it. 

If we reject it, blindness returns to our spirit/soul, ...but if we accept, our spirit is regenerated, born anew, and we have a free will just like Adam's, ...however, the second wisest decision we can make is to renounce our free will and ask the Holy Spirit to make our will the will of our heavenly Father Matt 6:10, to invite Him to take His rightful place on the Throne of our hearts, ...give to Him the authority and right to guide and direct our lives, to ask Him daily to fill us afresh because we are leaky vessels, to judge our thoughts, actions and motives by  Gal 5:19-21 and when He reveals the flesh in us to confess and ask Him to create in us a new heart, .......that's reality, ...we are being transformed into the image of our Lord Jesus Christ through His Word by the Holy Spirit.

Lord bless

Thank you JustPassingThru. 

It is obvious you are being taught inwardly by Christ Jesus Himself. May He continue to teach and grow His body till it is a full man in Christ. 

Blessings, 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

5 hours ago, Not me said:

A growing into this perfection, as scripture says “here a little there a little”. God works at His own speed, in His own ways,  but He has promised to perfect that which concerns us, if just our wills would continually be turned towards Him moment by moment each and every second of the day. Even when we are deep in concentration we are turned toward self or Christ, (righteousness or unrighteousness,) the choice always stands before us. 

The "here a little there a little" does not have a good outcome.  The text indicates that is for hardening of heart and deafening of the ears. 

Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

This is in line with the call of Isaiah in chapter 6.

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,

12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

When the people of God draw near with their lips but their heart is far from Him, God will give them line upon line that they will not perceive see or understand.  When the heart is far from God as in playing church the Word will not do the good work in us and it will not lead to righteousness.

Edited by seeking the lost
spelling

27 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

The "here a little there a little" does not have a good outcome.  The text indicates that is for hardening of heart and deafening of the ears. 

Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

This is in line with the call of Isaiah in chapter 6.

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,

12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

When the people of God draw near with their lips but their heart is far from Him, God will give them line upon line that they will not perceive see or understand.  When the heart is far from God as in playing church the Word will not do the good work in us and it will not lead to righteousness.

Hi, I thank you for the information, but if you would pardon me. I wasn’t quoting a complete scripture, I was using that “turn of phrase ” to bring forth the truth that God doesn’t instantly make us full grown in Christ, it is something we need to grow into, “line upon line, here a little there a little.”

Blessings 

• Thumbs Up 2