• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Great post Not Me, ...so true!

I once had a dear sister tell me, you might have a gallon of water, but only a thimble to drink with, that's a very good illustration of God's love for us, ...God's love for us is infinite, but what limits our receiving His love is the size of the cup we use to drink with, ...when what John said, "we love Him because He first loved us," finally sunk into my heart, my confession was, "Lord, I don't/can't love you enough, so please enlarge my capacity to receive the love You have for me!"

In so praying for this, as we come to experience more and more of His love, ...with that comes a hatred, ...a hatred for the sin in our old carnal nature that so easily trips us up, ...which causes us to pray and beg for more love, "...Father, I can't fool you, I love my sin, that's why I do it, so please, show me something to love in/of You that is stronger and more powerful than my carnal love for my sin," ...and that my dear friends is how we become overcomers and can go and sin no more!  

Lord bless

• Loved it! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

9 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Great post Not Me, ...so true!

I once had a dear sister tell me, you might have a gallon of water, but only a thimble to drink with, that's a very good illustration of God's love for us, ...God's love for us is infinite, but what limits our receiving His love is the size of the cup we use to drink with, ...when what John said, "we love Him because He first loved us," finally sunk into my heart, my confession was, "Lord, I don't/can't love you enough, so please enlarge my capacity to receive the love You have for me!"

In so praying for this, as we come to experience more and more of His love, ...with that comes a hatred, ...a hatred for the sin in our old carnal nature that so easily trips us up, ...which causes us to pray and beg for more love, "...Father, I can't fool you, I love my sin, that's why I do it, so please, show me something to love in/of You that is stronger and more powerful than my carnal love for my sin," ...and that my dear friends is how we become overcomers and can go and sin no more!  

Lord bless

It sounds like God has blessed you with a sister who knows Christ personally. Bless her heart and yours. Such a great thing to see Christ in another believer. As it is such a awesome thing to know one is being taught personally by God Himself. Such is the makings of the new birth. 

That this inward  teaching by God Himself, would, in all our lives be enlarged to have our cup(s) overflow. 

Blessings as we strive to make this a living reality in all our lives. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

I couldn't agree more.

He helps us to re-learn that His realm works so differently to the Earthly realm, and what we've always been used to in this life. As my Mum used to say, (she left Earth to be with Jesus last October), "We are Earthly in nature", and Jesus is teaching us that His love is not conditional, which is the way we are used to this life as it is.

I pray that all of us here grows bigger thimbles, cups, buckets and can accept more and more of His love into our hearts.

How wonderful that we will be with Him from now on right through into eternity.

X

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Not me said:

All He asks of man is a heart that would be open to receive His love as love is in itself. And love as it is in itself can only be given and accepted in righteousness. Unrighteousness will spoil such a love so it can not be offered in unrighteousness, only in righteousness and to the degree a heart walks in righteousness, to that heart and to that degree can God show forth the greatness of His love. 

This morning, upon awakening, my first thought, desire, and prayer was to walk in righteousness, knowing that He only blesses righteousness, and when we're in His presence, that's the reality and love of God. If we know the love of God, we know Him. To follow on to know this God and His great love in greater degree and measure, it would behoove us to "go and sin no more".

My heart accepts and answers the call of this Love.

Blessings to all.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

20 hours ago, Not me said:

1 John 4:19 (NASB)
We love, because He first loved us.

“because He first loved us”

He first loved, this is what first moved God, and this is still what moves Him today, His love. This is true for today, as it was true yesterday and will be true for eternity forward. God’s love is that that moves Him. This Creator of all, that which moves Him is love. 

This is a awesome and heart questioning thought. And even more, we, all those that were born out of Adam are the objects of His love. This we are asked, to not accept by faith without proof, but by the proof that God sent His Son to die for us. No higher proof could be given of God’s unconditional love towards man than that which He put forth as proof. He, sending that Person that was the manifestation of His fullness to secure the new birth in all that would be willing to be reconciled to Him. All He asks of man is a heart that would be open to receive His love as love is in itself. And love as it is in itself can only be given and accepted in righteousness. Unrighteousness will spoil such a love so it can not be offered in unrighteousness, only in righteousness and to the degree a heart walks in righteousness, to that heart and to that degree can God show forth the greatness of His love. 

This is the state of fallen man and the salvation this God of love has put forth. 

This God of love has but one requirement to be able to grow into the fullness of this offer of salvation, is it to “go and sin no more”. 

This is the same love, but on a eternal scale, that every good parent would have for their child. This love that says I can only bless you if you behave yourself. This is the same command/request/beg, offer that this God of love asks of those that would accept His offer of love. To behave yourself, do the right thing for no other reason than it is the right thing. This attitude of heart is that that opens the door of a fellowship with God that makes all outward blessings pale by comparison. This fellowship that God has offered to the fallen sons of Adam, starts with the belief in the proof that this God of love has put forth. The death of His Son on our behalf. Believing that love does in fact exist and this love as love is in itself is directed to the heart of man that would be willing to believe and hope in such a great and awesome truth.

This, “because He first loved”

Is a love that is eternal never to get less, can not get more, but the heart that is willing can experience this love in a ever increasing way. Starting from this very moment of time to all of eternity by the simple act of the faith of the heart  turned towards this God of love. 

This love and trusting in this love, though it is scary at first to trust, because it is so foreign to the mind and heart of man. This trusting in the love of God personally for each of us, is, once seen as the way of God towards all those that would accept His love for them, such a great and awesome truth, that the heart of man can most assuredly rest in. Once this love is tasted by experience there is absolutely nothing better, and the same truth will be for all eternity. Just the experience of His love in a greater and greater degree. Oh, accept the call of this love, oh ye hearts of man. 

This love, from the God of love says to each that would be willing “go and sin no more”.

Blessings to all who’s heart wishes to answer the call. 

When we first come face to face with Jesus Christ we will then know just how much Jesus Christ loves us. More than any human being could ever love us. We may wonder why we did not love Him more when we were in our human bodies on earth. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

All these posts are so encouraging and lovely. 

Earlier on this afternoon I was listening to some Praise music, and it was really uplifting. These posts fit in with exactly how I am feeling.

Thank you for sharing friends. Xxx

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

10 hours ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

I couldn't agree more.

He helps us to re-learn that His realm works so differently to the Earthly realm, and what we've always been used to in this life. As my Mum used to say, (she left Earth to be with Jesus last October), "We are Earthly in nature", and Jesus is teaching us that His love is not conditional, which is the way we are used to this life as it is.

I pray that all of us here grows bigger thimbles, cups, buckets and can accept more and more of His love into our hearts.

How wonderful that we will be with Him from now on right through into eternity.

X

Yes!,, to know this One who loves us so more and more intimately each and every day. 

Blessings. 

8 hours ago, In Him said:

This morning, upon awakening, my first thought, desire, and prayer was to walk in righteousness, knowing that He only blesses righteousness, and when we're in His presence, that's the reality and love of God. If we know the love of God, we know Him. To follow on to know this God and His great love in greater degree and measure, it would behoove us to "go and sin no more".

My heart accepts and answers the call of this Love.

Blessings to all.

And His heart rejoices at your hearts answer. And His heart also will answer, the call of yours. 

Blessings, 

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

When we first come face to face with Jesus Christ we will then know just how much Jesus Christ loves us. More than any human being could ever love us. We may wonder why we did not love Him more when we were in our human bodies on earth. 

I believe your right, we will all wished we had trusted a bit more. Been a bit more yielded,  a bit more obedient. Regardless, we will all  wish we would have “the more.”

Seeing how this is probably how it’s going to happen, let us go for “the more” now. 

Blessings, 

7 hours ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

All these posts are so encouraging and lovely. 

Earlier on this afternoon I was listening to some Praise music, and it was really uplifting. These posts fit in with exactly how I am feeling.

Thank you for sharing friends. Xxx

So true, hearts that are after Christ, sure are a pleasure to know and read and be blessed by. 

Much love in Christ to all, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

May I chime in here, with thanks for everyone's edifying post. Very encouraging to see the unity, and example of how it more often should be. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

May I chime in here, with thanks for everyone's edifying post. Very encouraging to see the unity, and example of how it more often should be. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Absolutely!

All are welcome that have the testimony of Christ in their hearts!

Sharing Christ and the love of Christ to those that are His, does indeed promote and build a joy and peace in the hearts of the speaker(s) and the hearer(s). Oh the joy of knowing Christ Jesus personally, may our relationships with Him, grow and be enlarged and enlarged. 

Blessings, 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1