Guest Freshoil

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Both Daniel and Revelation refer to the little horn, the beast, and John refers to the antichrist. John states that there are many antichrists within the church; he also refers to the antichrist that is coming.

I believe they are referring to a system or a power, not an individual person. Although this system can have a man that represents this power and speaks for it. I don't think we should be looking for one individual that we can label as the antichrist.

This beast or little horn is a power that has the spirit of antichrist. I believe this system or power will demand some sort of worship from everyone in the last days. If we don't comply, there will be a death sentence.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The beast is that global force that is controlling and driving world politics today. Some call it a conspiracy, and I guess they are right..... the Bible calls it a conspiracy too, the deception of all deceptions...... it will only get worse before it is over..... but it will be over one day when the Lord comes back to cut short these days so that at least some may not perish from the earth.

Sometimes I wonder why he bothers........ Guess maybe there is someone out there somewhere that still has a chance to come to him and that is what we need to be focused on (geesh I'm starting to sound like Catsmeow)...... sure miss her input these days.

Sam

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/26/1968

I miss her input too! Where is she?

Lorie :)

Guest parousia2

There's no doubt Satan works within the world today. One only has to pick up a newspaper or watch TV news to see that. And he works in the halls of power. He can always find willing servants in those who put their own needs above God's.

The spirit he uses to accomplish his work is the spirit of Anti-christ.

Still, the Beast, the personification of the spirit of Anti-Christ, has yet to be revealed; although he may be alive today.

To All,

The Beast has been revealed. He lived prior to A.D. 70. The Book of Revelation gives us the time frame for these things. John was to write those things which must shortly take place because the time WAS near. I know that this is foreign to many of you and even repulsive to some of you, but could you not at least answer the objections people like me have against your speculative interpretations? As I read the posts here, I often see such things as "I believe," "I think," "perhaps," "possibly," "could be," "might be," etc. Is that what God has relegated us to concerning a book He has given us? And, then, there are those who make statements of "fact" which are merely their personal opinion of a passage they have taken out of its context. I do not wish to be unkind, but can we not look at this marvelous book in its entirety beginning with who wrote, why he wrote, when he wrote, to whom he wrote, and the historical situation in which he wrote it? These are basic exegetical principles. If after having done that, you still believe as you believe at least you will have given the book its proper respect and consideration. I have given the same invitation to those under the topic "The Beast of Revelation." Would anyone like to join me in a thorough study of this awesome book. :)

Whatever. The events in Revelation have not come to pass. Are you so blind? When has the Lord come back? When has the plagues recorded in Revelation come to pass? Where is the Temple of God and the New Jerusalem? You base your entire theology on the word "Shortly".

Dan. 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Read Ezekiel 38 and 39. That passage describes exactly the same even as Revelation 19, even to the birds eating the corpses of the armies of the Beast. There has never been a war of the magnitude that is described in Ezekiel and in Revelation 19. When has the nation of Israel fought a war where they were burying the dead for 7 months straight with continual employment in burying the dead? When has there been a war where the left over weapons were burned for 7 years after the war was over? Never.

None of this in any of these passages has come to pass yet.

First of all, to say that I base my ENTIRE theology on the word "shortly" is an extremely inaccurate statement. You don't even know my "entire theology." I use the time reference words in Revelation (words such as "shortly" in their common, natural meanings) to give me a sense of the historical setting of the book. It helps me get the starting point. I might add that people of your persuasion like to simply ignore such time references or redefine them. Which is a more honest approach? If you would take the time to read Josephus' account of the Jewish Wars, you would find that it did take months to bury the dead inside Jerusalem after the war with the Romans. The Temple has always been a type of God's dwelling place with man; when Jesus came so did the anti-type. We are His temple. As for the Temple in chapter 11 of the Revelation, that is more of a problem for you than it is for me. It is the Temple that was still standing in first-century Jerusalem before it was leveled to the ground. No one should be looking for the rebuilding of a temple in our day. God clearly put an end to the need for such a physical building in AD 70. The events of the Book of Revelation coincide with the prophecies of Jesus in Matthew 24 and are the fulfillment of the woes He pronounced upon the wicked and perverse generation ("this generation") of Jews whom He pronounced guilty of all the righteous blood shed on the earth. The Lord Jesus returned in AD 70 just as He promised and just as His apostles and followers expected Him to. Whatever or whoever the Beast of the Revelation is, He or it existed in the first-century. Jesus returned to judge the nation of Israel for their unbelief, to bring an end to the age of the Mosaic law, to resurrect His saints, and rapture those left alive at His coming. His followers expected this--this expectation jumps off the pages of the NT writings. One cannot read the epistles especially without sensing that. Were they wrong? Did He not come to them as they had so eagerly expected? If not, where are all the writings of the first-century Church in which they would have corrected their error of expectation or expressed their profound disappointment and perhaps feelings of disillusionment? Where are all the writings from the first-century Church concerning that horrible destruction of Jerusalem and their magnificent temple? Where are the leaders of the Church post AD 70? How did they die; when did they die; where are they buried? Silence! Nothing! What is the only explanation for this deafening silence between AD 70 and 100? Christ came for His Church--the dead were raised and those alive were caught up with Him. Clearly, they expected that! The Thessalonians expected His soon return in His Kingdom. They were concerned about what would happen to their departed loved ones. Would they miss His Kingdom when He came soon? Notice that Paul does not correct them for expecting a soon fulfillment. He simply tells them that those who have died in Christ will be first to meet the Lord in the air, then they ("we" - Paul and other Christians then alive) would join them. Christ is now building His Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against Her. The "age" (when will be the end of the age--[not world] Matthew 24) of Judaism is over; the Christian age has emerged. The Beast is behind us--way behind us--not before us.

• Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have heard, too, that the AC may be from the Middle East. In fact, Chuck Missler seems to think so. We're all so focused on him being European because he's the "prince of the people that shall come" in Daniel, and he'll be the head of the revived Roman empire. But maybe he's not European. The Middle East was under Roman rule, too. In any event, I personally believe he's on the political scene right now, because he can't be some unknown guy that just steps onto the stage one day when everything hits the fan and says, Follow me, I have all the answers. Who's going to believe him if he doesn't have a track record? I think he will be revealed as antichrist after the rapture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

I also believe that the anti-Christ is on the scene today. I also think he will only be revealed after the rapture, when he will probably jump in with answers to the world's panic.

betty

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Both Daniel and Revelation refer to the little horn, the beast, and John refers to the antichrist. John states that there are many antichrists within the church; he also refers to the antichrist that is coming.

I believe they are referring to a system or a power, not an individual person. Although this system can have a man that represents this power and speaks for it. I don't think we should be looking for one individual that we can label as the antichrist.

This beast or little horn is a power that has the spirit of antichrist. I believe this system or power will demand some sort of worship from everyone in the last days. If we don't comply, there will be a death sentence.

In Christ,

CarolineS

The scripture in daniel states that arms shall stand on his part and they will honor a god of forces. So who is the super power these days? Who has the ability to cause fire to come out of the sky in the sight of men? Oh yes that was a babtist minister who droped the atomic bomb on Japan.

Da 11

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Daniel 11

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things

Rev 13

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Denise

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/22/1985

There is a great possiblety that the antichrist is a live and well for now . We have to live today like it wont be here . Where ever he is .

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/02/1989

Everyone... This is in EXTREME importance...

I have doubts that... I sometimes tought... I was to be the Anti-Christ.

But I know I won't. In a way I do. But I still doubt myself. Because lately.. things have strangely moved toward what I'd called:

Anti-Christ inside out movement

Anyways. Look...

I wanna be a Preacher one day. To preach the whole world. So Please, pray for me so that I won't turn into my own greatest ennemy?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

I have nothing againsy RCC believers, I dont like the actual church, but I'm not going to bash on them. But I was reading some site that on the popes hat there is latin writing, and when you compare those letters to roman numerals it adds up to 666. This is mainly a protestant view, but I wonder if the hat really has those words. I'll have to go back and check the latin words, but I added it up, and it was 666, I was kind of creeped out for about 20 seconds...hah