• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

We save ourselves a lot of trouble if we resist the urge to sin.

A good start .     For who we obey is our master .    and no amount of things others try and bring will ever change that .

We got all we need IN CHRIST to overcome not some  , but all evil .    The problem is so many preach acroymns and not CHRIST and the POWER OF HIM .

I am truly terrified now for many .    I use to be worried , now  I am terrified .    Not for me ,   for them .

Because when one says the same cure over and over , and the same ones keep not hearing it , that can scare the socks off of any man .

We the servants of whom we obey , whether of sin unto death , or OBEDIANCE unto righteousness .  

Thanks for at least this reminder you gave .    Here is one paul said ,  Exhort one another daily lest any does become hardned through the deceitfulness of SIN .

ITS PRETTY SERIOUS STUFF man .   but most don't take it serious at all .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

please send me an airplane ticket and we’ll hash it out  ( after I spend s few days on the beach , of course)

You'll be disappointed, all of the beaches here are black sand, so...., please send me an airplane ticket and we'll, pizza (don't particularly like hash, ...it's a 50's thing) it out!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, nickm727 said:

repentance is of extreme importance. I repent as soon  as i sin.  for example if i get mad at a friend of mine i repent immediately and ask God to forgive me for my anger. 

Its also evidence of something .

Same for me .   When I have erred , I had no rest till I made right the wrong .     See, if we really HAVE THE SPIRIT

it would be unctioning us HUGE even before we err,  and specially huge if we did .

But I see most folks that seem to have no sense of urgency ,  heck I seen a man say IF a gay man repented and came to Christ and said a guiniune heart prayer ,

that even later if he returned to the very act , the pit ,   and died ,    HE IS STILL SAVED .  

That don't even sound like the SPIRIT that had paul, peter , james , jude writing what they wrote .

ANd it sure don't sound like the SPIRIT that runs me .

And it sure don't sound like what CHRIST ever said even once .

Folks we better do as JOHN once said ,  TEST THOSE SPIRITS because a number so high of false ones not only are in our churches , THEY LEAD many churches .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

12 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord's statement was very simple.

Yes it was, spoken in the context we gave.

11 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

And he was speaking to all of us.

Yep, sure was, ...and He knew none of us could keep the law, so He kept it for us, ...it's a win, win situation for us!

Praise the Lord!!!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 minute ago, JustPassingThru said:

Yes it was, spoken in the context we gave.

Yep, sure was, ...and He knew none of us could keep the law, so He kept it for us, ...it's a win, win situation for us!

Praise the Lord!!!

When you don't take the Lord's words at face value, you cause yourself problems.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

When you don't take the Lord's words at face value, you cause yourself problems.

I don't take the Lord's words externally at face value, ...I ask and allow the Holy Spirit to weave them into the very woof and warp of my being, and He is faithful to do so, ...conforming me into the very image of the Lord Jesus Christ.

So, ...maybe you can explain to me what problems I'm causing myself?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JustPassingThru said:

I don't take the Lord's words externally at face value, ...I ask and allow the Holy Spirit to weave them into the very woof and warp of my being, and He is faithful to do so, ...conforming me into the very image of the Lord Jesus Christ.

So, ...maybe you can explain to me what problems I'm causing myself?

There would be no unhappiness without sin.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

There would be no unhappiness without sin.

Sorry bro, that makes absolutely no sense to me...

You're in Nevada, may I ask what part, I spent 3 years in the Carson Valley, ...Gardnerville, before I was called here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Psst ,   blood bought ,    u here .     don't forget Grace changed paul .    he wasn't just bragging in sin anymore .   HE was saying what I say ,   God changed one of the worst

when he changed me .  Paul was chief of the sinners because he knew he had caused many in the church to be put to death .  BUT after His encounter with Christ ,

he wasn't still doing that and saying I AM saved just cause I said a prayer .    God changes folks .   

I got a better question for you .  Instead of using the gay question I already asked , how bout this one .

What if a man once persecuted the church ,   then repented said a prayer and truly in his heart meant it ,  but then later returns to persecuting the church

and dies in that .

Same thing as if a gay man returns to the pit

same as if a murder returns to murdering .

Lets change that answer you gave the other day .     I want you  to really think about what you said ,    then change it .

Because if a man returns to the pit and dies in that sin ,  I assure us all , he wont be hearing well done .   He will have an even worse punishment

because he knew the right way but then returned to the pit

Remember the cure to sin IS CHRIST .    And GOD shall supply all grace that you having all SUFFICIENCY can abound unto GOOD WORKS .

For if we walk after the SPIRIT we would not fulfill the lusts of the flesh .

AND also if one does sin ,  correct and restore such a one .     The pattern JESUS sets works ,  the mindset men teach don't .

But be encouraged BB.      Remember I was one of the worst ,  and though I am totally ashamed of those things now ,  I have been freely forgiven from them all .

Better we be obeying HIM now , faithful to the end .    And better we start bringing good sound grave doctrine and encouraging scrips to help build us up .

To say “ I am the chief of sinners” is not to brag about all the sinning I did.I say it to my shame.The only bragging I am trying to do is to brag about God’s incredible Grace that can cover the sins of wretches like me and save them “ to the other most “

Quite frankly, if anyone does not view themselves as “ chief of sinners” I think they have a problem.Please don’t mistake my self- assessment as coming from a guy who enjoys a life of raping, ravaging and plundering.God’s Spirit that indwells me  simply because I trust Him, has changed me from a person who would do just about anything to a  person that feels guilty if I accidentally step on an ant.So please, don’t let your imaginations run wild thinking I’m some kind of Attila the Hun running around out here.

• This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Sorry bro, that makes absolutely no sense to me...

You're in Nevada, may I ask what part, I spent 3 years in the Carson Valley, ...Gardnerville, before I was called here.

The Lord told us to repent. After we do, we understand.

I'm from Reno. I went down to Gardnerville for a three-day church event (Walk to Emmaus). I liked it down there.