• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Reinitin said:

The pole must be shifting it's chilly in Texas this morning. 

Chili with onions and cheese ?   yum yum !  

:)

(in Texas or anywhere ! )

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,489
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Rockson said:

Kind of interesting speculation though as you point out the verses which says, "..as literal horses are the means of transportation and battle (Rev. 19:18).

I know preterits don't believe in the book of Revelations necessarily  being future I do though. That verse above does make one wonder though how that could play out with modern tech things but yes an CME could create such. 

I'm curious as to why Hollywood have never made a movie with that as a theme....the world thrown back to the 1800's. Or even a TV series like "Lost". Being thrown back to the 1800's would be interesting stuff in how culture would have to adapt. Everything would have to be done differently. The question is though is how long would culture be in such a state.

I believe every word in Revelation. There are so many thoughts and interpretations on the prophecy of Revelation. Everyone can't be correct, and I'm certainly not claiming I am. But to me, it appears the seven year tribulation begins high tech and continues for a period. You have to have advanced technology to control all global buying and selling, man to build the complex image of the beast, launch arrows (missiles) with bows(launchers), etc. Descriptions are given in the Bible that I picture in my mind; missiles, Apache helicopters and fighter jets.

Revelation is written in chronological order with parenthetical chapters inserted. John wrote it as instructed; the things that were (Chp.1); the things which are (Chp. 2-3), and the things that shall be (Chp. 4-22). Then toward the end of Revelation, everything seems to have become primitive all of a sudden. Horses have always been used for transportation, beasts of burden and military vehicles throughout history including our modern age. 

As an ex-military person and history buff, I had to ask myself a question pertaining to how war is conducted in this technological advanced day and age; with drones, nuclear weapons (neutron in particular), tanks, helicopters, missiles, jeeps, Humvee, etc. Then looking at the final battle on earth that closes out this age; it looks mostly primitive to me? Why so many boots on the ground when modern strategy dictates using the most effective means and least loss of life via your whole arsenal of military war equipment, yet we see a sea of men and horses in battle? 

Anyway, I do believe the the globe eventually would have recovered in time and restored the previous technology and way of life given the time. But, immediately after Christ defeats His enemies at the battle of Armageddon, the millennium will immediately begin. All the preceding is just my view and how I picture it.

Edited by Dennis1209