• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

my bride went home a few years ago so  I've pondered on this  a lot.  the Bible makes it clear we're not "married" as we were here, but it's difficult for me to  imagine there won't still be something very unique about our relationship  in eternity.  The one with  whom I became one flesh was used by  Him to mold me into what I now am.  She remains a part of who I have become.  I don't know how all that will actually be expressed but I feel pretty confident that unique, common experience will remain in some fashion.

I think you are pretty much on point here ( my condolences for your loss) but I got a sneaking hunch that because God loves fellowship, I think that whatever degree of fellowship you have with anyone, in Heaven it will be magnified many times over. So I think you got nothing coming but an eternity of some great fellowship with your Spouse who beat you home.  :)

Those are my thinks anyways. 

Blessings and again my condolences, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Well, I had the experience of having a person of great interest disappear from another Christian Message  Board.  She just flat out disappeared. Turned out she was deathly ill  from a flesh eating bacteria of unknown origin or type.  The CDC  was involved and she was in the hospital alone and near death for months. 

Suddenly she reappeared on that Christian message board, almost nine months later, and I decided hey no more messing around here, being pleasant of a message board and then having her just  up 'n disappear. No more of that. So I am going to marry her! I courted her on the board and she me in return, we did so in code using  Youtube song videos on a thread that was just for fun on that board, Remember old love songs, mostly people reminiscing about the old days and really old music. I also lost 35 pounds getting in shape at the gym and walking five miles a day.

We never exchanged pictures or any personal information, just decided to meet at San Antonio at the River Walk for lunch and a talk and walk. Well a visit to the Alamo where she always cries and a horse and carriage ride,later and that was that done deal.  She is my spouse.

And oh boy, she is fixing food for dinner tonight right now- we are away  in the mountains and we just can't up and pick any one of several hundred restaurants to dine at  like we do  in the "city".

If I graduate she will likely mention it on this board, and if she graduates I will mention it on the old Christian message board where we met and she still frequents to this day.

Flesh eating bacteria. Strep, really bad stuff. It can get you in a few hours. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 hours ago, Jostler said:

my bride went home a few years ago so  I've pondered on this  a lot.  the Bible makes it clear we're not "married" as we were here, but it's difficult for me to  imagine there won't still be something very unique about our relationship  in eternity.  The one with  whom I became one flesh was used by  Him to mold me into what I now am.  She remains a part of who I have become.  I don't know how all that will actually be expressed but I feel pretty confident that unique, common experience will remain in some fashion.

Bless you, Jostler. I truly believe we will know our loved ones in Heaven, and there's no reason to think that love never dies. To quote a line from a favored hymn: There will be no parting there. :amen:

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

15 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Bless you Jostler, I truly believe we will know our loved ones in Heaven, and there's no reason to think that love never dies. To quote a line from a favored hymn: There will be no parting there. :amen:

amen :)  I also am reminded that before time began, before anything that  has been created was created, He was a family.  Father, Spirit and Son self-existant in a delightful dance of loving, preferring one another above themselves, joyfully embracing Oneness in family.   We can see that by blending the  revelations in Proverbs 8 and the creation account and also begin to discern that the highest, most complete image of God found in this earth is  contained in the human family.  Yes we do reflect His image individually, but "male and female created He THEM".....adam is both a proper name and a LABEL describing "humanity" without reference to gender.

His plan for mankind is family based and dynastic.  Modeled after His own image.  The Bible says He  chose Abraham in part because He knew Abraham would teach his children the things of God that were revealed to him.   What is Issac without Sarah?  What is Israel without  Rachel?  A people became a clan, and tribes, and a nation....

I suspect when we see HIS government, it will obviously be a theocratic monarchy....but i bet the rest of society will be organized around clans, tribes, peoples and nations ....FAMILIES.

His highest, fondest will is to invite us up into  His own family....as sons and daughters of His  own, to delight in us forever.  And He paid ALL HE HAD to obtain that for Himself and to us.  He gave up the most precious thing any of us has....Himself, to have us??

hahah....i don't know  how you could have kids here, and not be bonded by that shared love  and desire to see them grow and become all He  has called and appointed them to be and not still have that unique bond and focus when we get home....just seeing family is something of such esteem in His eyes.  Then there's grandkids.......lol....

Edited by Jostler
  • Loved it! 2