• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have not overcome it. I still smoke. With much prayer and guidance from God. I don't smoke that much but have found it not successful to quit altogether. The research has shown that it is much easier for the male to stop smoking than the female and they do not know why. 

Sorry to hear that, Miss. And I'm gonna be praying for you. For 20 years, my mom was a two-pack-a-day smoker. When she got back to the Lord, she decided to quit cold turkey. It was tremendously difficult, and she'd 'spazz out' on a few occasions. She never did overcome her pot of coffee before going to work, followed by yet another before coming home. This was a life-time addiction, but she did cut back some before passing away. God rest her. :amen:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/20/2019 at 3:35 PM, Debp said:

That's great as you don't want a health issue caused by cigarettes.   My cousin, a lifelong smoker got emphasema from it and needed oxygen, and died recently from it.

I hear the lungs start to clean themselves out in about three months once you stop the cigarettes.

Your lungs will clear and heal to only a certain percentage but they will always be somewhat damaged from smoking.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Sorry to hear that, Miss. And I'm gonna be praying for you. For 20 years, my mom was a two-pack-a-day smoker. When she got back to the Lord, she decided to quit cold turkey. It was tremendously difficult, and she'd 'spazz out' on a few occasions. She never did overcome her pot of coffee before going to work, followed by yet another before coming home. This was a life-time addiction, but she did cut back some before passing away. God rest her. :amen:

I can not imagine anyone smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. Even the thought makes me sick. So your mother left one drug for another. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

@missmuffetit’s not easy. I’m doing this for reasons only I can fathom. The patches make me very nervous,so I took it off and now I want to smoke. I can’t win. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Praying! 1

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I can not imagine anyone smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. Even the thought makes me sick. So your mother left one drug for another. 

No, not really. Mom used them concurrently, so by today's terminology, it would be called, 'poly-drug abuse'. Sad but true. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

@BeauJanglesmy mother smokes to this day. She is 82. 

• Praying! 1

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I can not imagine anyone smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. Even the thought makes me sick.

Think of how it affected me, by having to be inundated by 'second-hand-smoke'. Ick! :13:

23 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes, it is here too. Once we had tap that was direct snow melt from the beautiful Sierra Mountains. Pure, sweet, and oh so refreshing. Now it's so heavily chlorinated, you could wash your clothes in it without adding bleach! 

A story:

Years ago my husband and I took our two small children to Disneyland in California. When we got to our hotel the children were excited and the first thing they did was fill a glass half full of tap water and drank it. Within one hour my daughter was sick. She had horrible stomach pains and she moaned all night long even in her sleep. The next morning when we went to the restaurant the waitress told me " Honey, you did not let your daughter drink our tap water did you"? :blink: Well, the stomach problems went on for a couple of days and I then had to call our pediatrician in Oregon. He gave me some instructions of what to do and he said " absolutely do not let the kids drink any more of that water. Only bottled water and that includes brushing their teeth". That worked and she got better. 

• Oy Vey! 1

10 minutes ago, Kristin said:

@BeauJanglesmy mother smokes to this day. She is 82. 

Not everyone is going to die if they smoke. If a person has a previous lung disorder such as asthma they should never ever start smoking. But is it much wiser to not start smoking at all. I was attracted to it at a young age and I noticed my anxiety was much better.  My brother tried it and got sick as a dog and never picked up a cigarette again. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Think of how it affected me, by having to be inundated by 'second-hand-smoke'. Ick! :13:

Both my parents smoked. When I was little and they were in the car I told them to please not smoke because it made me sick. I got car sick and the smoke made it much worse.

I think it is not considerate for smokers to smoke around others and subject them to the second hand smoke. A smoker should go outside to smoke. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1