• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

15 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

The wonderful thing I love about God is.....if some of us need to go the long way around,he lets us......I believe everything is in Gods timing not ours.

We are all on our own journey with God...he knows our hearts....for me it has to be revealed to my heart,until such times,I wait on him..

Yes, God gives us free will. But there may be consequences to our actions that do not align with God.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

At times the decisions and choices you'll have to make will be important but difficult. Thankfully, the Lord is willing go give you clear guidance. Why don't more Christians take advantage of this wonderful privilege? It will not make a difference to us until we truly believe that God is perfect in knowledge, all-sufficient in strength, unfailing in character, and unconditionally loving toward us. This is the key to trusting Him for our future. Reverence in the Lord means you hold Him in higher esteem than you do yourself. You acknowledge that He has greater authority and wisdom than you do

Are you facing a difficult situation? Do you really have reverence for Him? Then respect Him for God and do what He says. 

Your post brings to remembrance how I've perceived our nation and population since I had memory of the people and our nation around me.  In the late fifties until sometime in the 1960's, as a general rule and with few exceptions I witnessed, even the atheist's, drunkards and un Godly people had a healthy fear, respect and reverence for God Almighty. Even from them; seldom if ever did I hear any blasphemy or taking the Lord's name in vain. Even from them overall there was some sort of respect for pastor's, Christians, teachers, the police, local politicians and people in general. I remember most people being polite to even strangers and responding with phrases like yes mam, or no mam; yes sir or no sir (manners); along with holding a door open for a stranger as a common courtesy. 

I won't even mention going to bed at night and not worrying about locking your doors, and many other things.

As I look around at the people today and my environment, it's hard to recognize I still live in the same country, but a different time. I sure don't call this social progress. A hatefulness has developed toward God and doing what is right in His eyes and following His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.  

Didn't mean to hijack your thread but, when I seen the word "reverence', a flood of memories of my youth and the age past entered my mind.  

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Yes, around 1960-1970 they legalized abortion and using profanity, repealed the "blue laws" which included laws against witchcraft, and removed prayer in schools.  It became illegal to say the pledge of allegiance and sing our national hymns, sing Christmas carols in schools, or display the 10 commandments.  So we reaped a nation that promotes civil unrest and anarchy thanks to Saul Alinsky, Obama and other community organizers.  They protested the war and attitudes changed toward our government to that of distrust.  A spirit of rebellion took over as well as lack of respect and commitment in marriage, toward our nation and toward God.  Illegal immigration became rampant and with it came drugs and soaring crime rates. Within 10 years our nation was corrupted.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I also remember the days of reverence for God and the clergy, and as a result, a basically sane world.   Now this past week we have had 3 mass shootings.... California, Texas and now Ohio.   Texas and Ohio shootings were done within 24 hours of each other, resulting in 29 dead and many injured.  So, yes, reverence for God really did hold back alot of evil.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Debp said:

I also remember the days of reverence for God and the clergy, and as a result, a basically sane world.   Now this past week we have had 3 mass shootings.... California, Texas and now Ohio.   Texas and Ohio shootings were done within 24 hours of each other, resulting in 29 dead and many injured.  So, yes, reverence for God really did hold back alot of evil.

I lovingly call my wife a Fox news junkie, because she likes to keep up with politics, Trump and current events. She's commented to me on a number of occasions on how the world has gone mad and heartless. I frequently remind her that the general trend from here on out; is things are going to wax worse and worse, in frequency and intensity. 

What really astounds me is the secular willful ignorance, denial and no mentioning of why we got where we're at, how we got here, and exactly when we got to this stage. There flawed logic says; if we would ban guns none of this would ever happen. I won't even mention spoons, cars and legal drugs kill more people. 

We all know the root cause and problem, and the solution. As as society, nation and by law, we have kicked God out and have shaken our national fist at Him. The secular world doesn't seem to have a clue of how we've arrived at where we're at. As a society our replacement generation as a whole has been given a liberal public and university education based and grounded on a lie, evolution', that there is no God. By and large the evil, violent satanic blaring music they were brought up with and still listen to, the extremely violent and un Godly movies and television, the extremely violent and killing video games; on and on and on... What is to be expected when a generation is brought up and raised this way. An extremely large segment of the population of children raised in single parent homes, the more illegitimate children you have being born out of wedlock, the more money you get from Uncle Sugar. The entitlement mentality you that work owe me a living, you that risked your capitol and future on a business have too much and should be forcefully shared with the non deserving. Calling good evil and evil good.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir; but the secular world seems to be willfully blinded to the obvious facts. It's all leading up to the coming of the New World Order; but God is in control and we know who wins.

A popular question I hear all the time; where is America in Bible prophecy? Well, the Bible doesn't specifically address the current most powerful nation on earth at present. But time and time again it has addressed what happens to nations whom have done exactly what we've done are are doing at present, and what happens to them least the repent of their idolatry, fornication, child sacrifice, homosexuality, hostility to Israel and wicked ways. I firmly believe as a nation, we're ripe for God's judgment at any time. Looking at our nation today, comparing it with what us old fogies grew up in not long ago; can we even imagine how fast things are going to deteriorate as soon as the Restrainer is removed and the church is caught out?