IGNORED

How do you get God to take a desire away?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm 72 years old and Been married for 49 of those to the same woman.  It was best 4 me personally. It has also been a huge responsibility.  I don't think I would do things differently for my wife developed M.S. about 30 years ago and she has needed someone to help her and that has been a help to me.

If something happens to her I doubt very much that I would ever get married again.   But God has his way with us so I would never say never for sure.

I wouldn't worry about pushing for a wife, because it I does add a huge responsibility to your life.... But if the Lord thinks you need it he'll send that person by...  that's the way it happened with me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

I assume that you have become single again ! and is pondering whether to re marry.Here is my advice from SCRIPTURE.

Marriage is not for everyone

Quotes:

But Jesus said, "Not everyone is mature enough to live a married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage isn't for everyone.

Some, from birth seemingly, never give marriage a thought. Others never get asked or accepted. And some decide not to get married for kingdom reasons. But if you're capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it.

(Mathew 19:11-12 MSG)

Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.

(1 Corinthians 7:7 MSG)

Numbers 6:1-27 the Nasserites vow

The Nasserite is saying I am willing to abstain from the legitimate pleasure of this life such as marriage in order to experience the superior pleasure of knowing God.I don’t want to live the ordinary Christian life. I want to burn for God, therefore I will separate myself from the ordinary in order to experience the extraordinary in God

There is nothing wrong with the desire to want to stay single. Again, I assure that you are currently single and is considering remarriage.